The Advent Calendar is a daily in Happy Valley that is only active during the month of December. During this month, users can visit the Advent Calendar every day to view a short animation and collect a small gift, both of which are often Christmas or winter themed.
The advent calendar was first announced by TNT on November 30, 2000, and the first Advent Calendar gift was given out on December 1, 2000. Just like other dailies, users are only allowed to collect Advent Calendar gifts using their main account.
The gifts given out by the Advent Calendar change every year and are different every day. These gifts most often consist of one or two holiday themed items and a small amount of Neopoints. Generally, all users receive the same gifts.
|Advent Calendar Gifts By Year|
There are also two avatars that can be unlocked by visiting the Advent Calendar:
Collect a prize from the Advent Calendar on December 1st.
|Seasonal Attack Pea|
Collect a prize from the Advent Calendar on a specific day.
The day on which this avatar is given out changes every year.
- On July 6, 2006, the Advent Calender featured an animation showing a Tuskininny, Kiko, and Wocky getting ready for a summer outing, only to find Neopia in a blizzard warning and the New Features page for that day featured a snow theme. When users tried to collect a their, a message saying "ERROR : But its not the month of Celebrating!" appeared. The Calendar did work on the following day and gave out 1000np plus two summer items (sand set and trunks).
- On December 18, 2006, a bug occurred when one of the items, a plushie, was received by many as a 'replace', a non-existent bug item. Some people never got this item, with others it appeared in their safety deposit box, and with some they appeared to win the intended item but received the replace instead. Some people could see it via Premium's portal, and discovered it to be a rarity 101 item, in the 'Clothes' category, weighing 1 lb and valued at 0 NP.
- On December 6, 2012 one of the prizes was the Neocash item Real Negg Faerie Wings. Since TNT felt it was too similar to another pair of wings given out during that year's Negg Festival, it was replaced by the Homemade Lavender Faerie Wings on December 12.
- Traditionally, every year, a Rod of Supernova is available as one of the prizes, but is inevitably stolen by the Pant Devil before the user can take it. However, in 2008 it was a toy supernova.
- The most prizes awarded on a single day is (4), awarded on 21 December 2010, and again on 9 December 2011.
- In 2009 the Advent Calendar was a part of the Winter Wonderfest. In 2010, 2011 and 2012 it was a part of the Winter Starlight Celebration.
- Locations: Advent Calendar, Animation Archive
- Caption Competition: #240, #345
- Editorial: 69, 178, 219, 271, 272