The Giant Omelette is a location in Tyrannia where users can get a free slice of omelette daily. Released on 28 March 2001, it is a gigantic egg that split open and started baking in the sun. When it is all eaten, a new egg appears on the plateau within a few hours.
The Giant Omelette is guarded by Sabre-X, who keeps players from taking more than one slice per day and lets visitors know when the Omelette has run out. If the player missed getting a slice before the omelette disappeared, they can return for it when a new egg has appeared. There are many different slices of omelette that can be received, each with different toppings.
A piece of omelette can be eaten three times. The first bite a Neopet takes leaves 2/3 of the omelette. A second bite leaves the user with 1/3 of the omelette. After the third bite, the omelette is gone.
Types of omelettes
There are 34 types of omelette available from the Giant Omelette, some are considerably rarer than others. Different types are added periodically, the last time being on 31 August 2012.
The Rotten Omelette gives Neopets that eat it the disease Ugga-ugga - if the player is not paying attention, they may mistake it for a Cheese Omelette, as they look identical.
There are some other omelette items that are not given out from the Giant Omelette, such as the Black Cherry Jelly Omelette, the Magical Tomato and Pepper Omelette, and the Omelette of the Faeries. These items can only be 'eaten' once before disappearing - the two exceptions are those given out by the Advent Calendar, the Turkey and Cranberry Omelette (in 2002) and Slightly Trampled Omelette (in 2014), and can be eaten three times.
- The Giant Omelette was featured in an old-style random event. When random events were re-tooled in 2014, this one was removed:
|Tyrannian Random Event!!!|
|You find a piece of tasty Omelette lying on the floor!|
- Refreshing at the Giant Omelette can get users the Giant Hungry Malevolent Chomby as a Battledome character.
- Location link: Giant Omelette
- Caption Competition: #695, #704, #801
- Editorial: #24, #38, #40, #47, #72, #74, #96, #135, #140, #150, #241, #243, #253, #312, #319, #351, #352, #389, #430, #432, #476, #496, #518