The Hidden Tower is an invisible tower located in Faerieland, part of Fyora's palace. Opened to the public on January 17, 2001, the Hidden Tower stores a variety of magical artifacts Fyora sells in order to raise money for Faerieland. The majority of these items are Battledome Equipment, of which are a collection of the most powerful in the Battledome, making them highly sought by users.
The Hidden Tower stood for many years completely forgotten in a hidden courtyard overrun with weeds. One of the reasons it lay undisturbed for so long was its invisible enchantment. It was rediscovered by Fyora's maid Celandra when she found a trapdoor hiding behind a bookshelf, and while cleaning saw a pair of shadows walk through a doorway which appeared from out of nowhere. The original purpose of the tower is not known, but it is assumed to be an armoury of rare and dangerous weapons, a storehouse to keep items safe from others, or as a hiding place.
Items in the Hidden Tower have an item rarity of 200 and cannot be obtained through Random Events. They are very expensive with prices ranging from a few hundred thousand to sixteen million Neopoints. Items will not be for sale some of the time for Fyora to restock, though this is just a formality as unlike regular Neopian shops, there is effectively an unlimited supply of the items users can buy until they are retired.
List of Current Hidden Tower items
List of Retired Hidden Tower items
+Box of Clockwork Grundos + Caparas Battledeck
+ Kaloras Battldeck
+ Spectres Battledeck +Sword of the Air Faerie + Tiki Bomb Bag + Tornado Ring
Neopets: The Darkest Faerie
- Main article: Neopets: The Darkest Faerie
When the user was in Faerieland during Act 2 and Act 3, they could get a Meowclops to show them the location of the Hidden Tower, where valuable items could be bought (different in each visit). Usually the user could not buy any thing from the tower because most items were over 20,000 Neopoints.
- The Fyora - Faerie Queen avatar released on August 14, 2003, can be acquired if any item is bought from the Hidden Tower.
- The Neopedia article The Hidden Tower was released on February 7, 2001.
- A Hidden Tower Giveaway began on September 24, 2001, with Fyora giving away one of each Hidden Tower artifact (28 at time of contest start). Hidden Tower items added to the site while the contest was held were also added to the list. Users who signed up for Gamesville in the Tomb of Evil (dead link) were given a chance to have their name randomly drawn. Items were rewarded on October 1, 2001.
- Unknown items were retired from the Hidden Tower on February 27, 2003.
- Since the revamp of Faerieland, the Hidden Tower may be viewed by all users, but items can only be purchased once an account age of 4 months is achieved.
- Previously, access to the Hidden Tower was limited to users with accounts over 4 months old. A user under that account age can click on the tower's location on the Map or in a link but would have been redirected to the Faerie City Map.
- Occasionally Fyora closes the Hidden Tower for one hour to conduct an inventory review. During this time all items are inaccessible and the message, We are closed currently for stock taking! Please come back later! appears instead.
- On the third Wednesday of each month, users with main accounts that are 60 months or older get a 3% discount on all items in the Hidden Tower.