The Tax Beast is a green imp who travels Neopia collecting a tax from users as part of a random event. He first appeared on October 30, 2002. When the Tax Beast appears, he steals ten percent of the Neopoints that the user has on hand. There is a High Score Table for the Tax Beast, and trophies are given out to the users who lose the most money to him.
A related monster, the Angry Tax Beast, is a red imp that steals twenty five percent of a user's on-hand Neopoints.
There is one random event involving the Tax Beast:
After receiving this Random Event, the user will lose 10% of the Neopoints that they have on hand. Neopoints that are stored in the National Neopian or a Shop till are not affected by this event. The first time that a user receives this event, they will unlock the Tax Beast as a one-player challenger in the Battledome.
- During 2007, the Tax Beast Random Events were re-enabled after being "out of comission [sic] for quite a long time".
- The Halloween Yurble resembles the Tax Beast.
- Gallery of Evil: The Tax Beast
- Neodeck: The Tax Beast
- Neopets TCG: Tax Beast
- Caption Competition: #296, #435, #1100
- Editorial: 64, 85, 99, 102, 104, 168, 314