Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:35 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Altador Plot Split #23
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:50 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

ATTENTION

!! Please make sure all your posts are coherent, and that you have spelled all words to the best of your ability. Also, please try to use correct grammar.
!! Please do not just post to say "I got this" if it is of NO help to the thread.
!! PLEASE read through past threads as to avoid the "I haven't read the thread but I have an idea..." kind of posts.
!! PLEASE keep all posts on topic. If you would like to speak to someone personally or offtopic, PM them.

!! PLEASE do NOT post your star data in this thread. If you do, your entire post WILL be deleted. You've been warned. It stretches out the page for everyone, and that's just not cool.

--> It's likely a bunch of you may be first time posters here at PPT, PLEASE be sure to look atGeneral Chat Rules & Strike Policy and Forum Rules
--> Posts that are a mod feels contribute NOTHING to the thread or those that VIOLATE the above points are subject to IMMEDIATE deletion without notice.
--> It is not your job to tell people when they're breaking the rules. That's what we have moderators for. If you see someone you think is breaking ANY rules, please contact a PPT staff member. Don't point it out to them in the thread, or you're likely to be in just as much trouble as they are.
--> Continual offences of the above points will cause you to be STRIKED. If you are unsure what to do, contact a PPT staff member (special stars) and we will GLADLY help you out.
--> If this thread gets to be a problem, consequences will follow to the appropriate people as well as permanent CLOSURE of the thread.

Remember: This is a MINI plot and with NO WAR portion.
Let's repeat. MINI PLOT and NO WAR.
One more time. MINI PLOT and NO WAR.

======== Links of interest =========
Last Thread: http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25355
Altador: http://www.neopets.com/altador/index.phtml?
Star Mapper (thanks DarkFire): http://www.boomspeed.com/zaniam/theSky.html & instructions.

(Note: Make sure you click CONTINUE (if applicable) when you have completed each part!)

(New Note: The "Add Star" button in the telescope does NOT add a new star to the sky. Instead, it lets you add a star to the constellation you're currently building without drawing a line. This is important to know.)

========= The Beginning ============
1. Click the big castle in the center of the map, The Hall of Heroes
2. In the very back-right corner, you'll see a familiar character. Click him!
3. Hey! It's our old friend again. Looks like he has a new job-- Janitor. Click that button that's next to him.
---> Hm, nothing happened.
4. Oh well, Now click the Altadorian Archives, then go into the doorway on the right.
5. Click the book that is under one of the table legs and balancing it.
---> Hm, we're going to have to replace it...
6. Now go to the QUARRY. And find a rock that'll be suitable. Stumped? Here.
---> Aha! A good replacement for that book...
7. Go back to the Altadorian Archives and click that same book again.
---> We can access the book now! (Located near the top-right part of the scene)
8. You can read the prologue from that book now.
---> Advance a page by clicking the top-right of the book, go back by clicking the top-left.
*** Page 1~3 Acquired! *** (out of 53 pages)
9. Go back to the Janitor in The Hall of Heroes and talk to him.
---> Hmm. We're going to need something to help oil some gears...
10. Click each statue until you find a bottle of oil & a rag.
---> Note: Location is different for each person. Perhaps you should write where you found it, just in case. (Although evidence indicates that it is NOT relevant)
11. Once you've found it, go back to the Janitor and click the button again.
---> The ceiling opens up! Let there be LIGHT!
* On the left side of The Hall of Heroes, there is now a staircase leading up to a dome-shaped room. Looks like a telescope is missing.
* If you click each statue in The Hall of Heroes, on the very top pixels /section of the picture of the statue, you can click and look up, and get some arrangement of gems. There is a helpful compilation of the pictures by soymimi here

======= We see the light =======
1. So it looks like the Astronomy club is finally advertising. Go to the Altador Archives and click the pamphlet that shows a telescope. Or click here!
---> You've recieved a telescope!
2. Go back to the Hall of Heroes and go up the staircase on the left side. Click the telescope holder.
---> It fits! You've found the cinderella! ... Actually I guess you found the slipper... oh whatever.
3. Now for the work. Get to it! Start mapping. By the way, Everyone's star formation is different from another. We can help with details, but you're going to have to interpret on your own from now on!
---> Excellent star mapper courtesy of DarkFire here. Follow the instructions on her post.
---> If you want to map your coordinates yourself in Excel, AngelFoxBlue wrote some pretty clear instructions on doing that here.

===== Constellations: Found! ======
1. THE SLEEPER
--> a. Go to The TOMB (bottom-left corner of the main Altador Map)
On the door of the tomb, the black dots are clickable. Try clicking it.
It lights up
--> b. Go to the Wise Lenny in The Altadorian Archives.
--> c. Go to the observatory and look in your telescope. (At this time use Darkfire's mapper. Any time before this you'll get a different set of stars!)
--> d. Find the exact formation found in part a (the orientation is as seen on the tomb doors-- it is NOT rotated in any way) and you will have found your first constellation! (Important note: You MUST connect the lines rather than just using "Add Star". If you don't, the correct stars can be rejected!)
--> e. After you have found it, go back to the Lenny at the Altadorian Archives.
*** Page 4~7 Acquired! ***
--> f. Go to the Hall of Heroes and click on the DARK FAERIE (the one towards the bottom) and look up. The jewels are illuminated! (And the janitor complains of the light)
--> g. Check in with the Astronomy Club and see what they have to say about your discovery.

2. THE DREAMER
--> a. The top right cloud in Altador is clickable. Do it.
--> b. Near the top part of picture, click on the gaps inbetween the clouds. THis will reveal your new constellation to find.
--> c. Talk to the Lenny again to see what he has to say now
--> d. Go back to the Observatory and look through your telescope.
===> NOTE: Your star map is the SAME as before.
===> NOTE: You must connect the "top part" using the *connect stars* option, but to get the lone star you MUST use the *add star* option.
--> e. Once you have obtained your constellation and submitted, the jewels above The Dreamer (left side) will be illuminated.
--> f. Go back to the Lenny, Astronomy Club, and Janitor to get new messages.
*** Page 8~11 Acquired! ***

========================================
Any additions/corrections should be posted here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:51 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Okay guys... after you have found your sleeper and dreamer, there is an obvious thing we need to start working on.

Things will go a LOT smoother if we look at the diamonds above each othe the statues, and try to figure out what each constellation is AHEAD of time.. and we can find them on our maps AHEAD of time. Even if the constellation we guess isnt the exact right ammount of stars, we can fix that, and have a general guess to where they are.

FOR EXAMPLE.

The dancer's pretty obvious. Its a tamborine circle. But, if you look at the diamonds above her, there is no circle. BUT, there is a similar shape... and, I was able to find this shape as a constellation in my star map!

Now, I know some of them might be hard, like telling the difference between the farmer, gladiator, and collector. But if we look at their diamonds, we can figure out what they are.

Another easy one, should be the hunter, but I have yet to find my hunter.

I made THIS two weeks ago or so, so it is outdated, but it shows some possiblities...

So i really think we should crack down and figure out these constellations.

Ive got one done for you guys... the dancer. We've got sleeper and dreamer. Hunter shouldnt be too hard.... start highlighting your diamonds and lets see what we can find... see if any match on our starmaps!

We can get a general shape down for constellations such as the dreamer. We had no idea that the one star would be down below representing the hand... but we could have found that little dipper shape on the diamonds above her, and then tried to find that on the star maps... then when the constellation was released... it would be easy to figure out! Right?

EDIT: if im correct, I believe i have allready found my:
sleeper, dreamer, hunter, dancer, gladiator, and possibly collecter or farmer. But, this is WITHOUT looking at the diamonds. If we could figure out what the shapes are in the diamonds.... I can double check on my star map... and we can all figure out what they will look like.

ANOTHER thing we need to think about.... can stars double up? It's unlikely.... but it is a possibility.

Last edited by The Wonder Weezel on Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:55 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

wow you did a lot of work, good job, mabey you should PM darkfire(the person who made the star mapp, and tell her to mabey add in more of those transparent star finders for the website :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:55 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Slightly not-so off-topic question, since it may (?) affect the plot:

If TNT is now updating the news a day early (labelling as such on nf.phtml) then might the April Fool's joke be tommorow (and all weekend)? o_O

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:56 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

These constellations need to have 6 stars.....so get cracking.

Also, the cards and gems don't match up too well, and then there's the whole "entire sky hasn't been revealed yet" issue.....this won't save us much time. We'll see the clue, we'll see the constellation, and the template will give us all the help we'll need.

Not to mention your farmer one is totally off.

Last edited by weirdguy on Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:58 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

true but they will be updating for tomorrow witch is the 31st, saterday witch will be updated on friday night will be the april fools thing, so hopefully we can get one "good" constelation in before a "fool" constelation :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:03 am 
PPT God
PPT God

frnchfry34 wrote:
true but they will be updating for tomorrow witch is the 31st, saterday witch will be updated on friday night will be the april fools thing, so hopefully we can get one "good" constelation in before a "fool" constelation :)

Yes, I suppose it is anyone's guess. Just giving you guys a heads up anyway since they updated "today's" news yesterday at about 3PM or so. Prior to that it was later and later, after the usual 5PM work day (NST), at about 7PM.

So I just didn't know if we would have an April Fool's joke all weekend long or what (since tomorrow's news for the weekend and Monday will be updated "tonite" for tomorrow but then maybe another on Friday), but I agree hopefully, if they update today, we can get another constellation done. :)

EDIT: I confuse myself, and probably everyone else too, but somehow I know what I mean. :oops: Sorry.

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

Last edited by anjuna on Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:05 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

i know !

i dont want to spent all my free time tjhis weekend trying to find a bogus consetlation

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:06 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Location: in the immediate vicinity of Seattleland Washington
What if this entire plot is building up to a big "APRIL FOOLS!!!"

MONKEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY'RE INVADING MY PANTS!!
ImageImage

Post subject:
PPT Student
PPT Student

I think it might be later then last night, because I do believe mine was updated around 5, and now its still not updated, unless it is now!

Hey, have any of you guys visted the boards on Neopets? In the Altador one, isn't it sad to see how many people are begging for help?

In the end, if there is a prize, think it'll be worth it? I don't.

«Don't play with fire, play with Rachel.»

Post subject:
PPT God
PPT God

would that work?

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:09 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Your wave looks convincing, but you need exactly 6 stars.

And two constellations aren't that close to each other.

Oh, and in that huge pic, the gladiatior's two remaining stars are the ones closest to the bottom one that's selected.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:10 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

only_shades_of_grey wrote:
What if this entire plot is building up to a big "APRIL FOOLS!!!"

Oh my gosh, I would be so mad if they did that.

Awesome av by Silja!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:11 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

you dont nessasarily need 6 stars because not all conestalations are 6 stars, also the plot is still in its begining stages, so constelation length(# of stars) may vary depending on how the plot goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:14 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

If all the constellations aren't six stars, why doesn't the submit button pop up until you have six selected? And why is that the maximum selectable?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next