can someone help me by telling me how to do my map, please? i see wonderful looking maps being displayed but i have no idea how to do that.
please help, thank you.
This is how I mapped my sky:
1. Go to your telescope and click in the top left until you get '-340, 340' in the co-ordinates box. This is your starting point.
2. Open Paint, select 'Image', then 'Attributes', then make the image really big- I went for 50x50 cm.
3. Take a screenshot of your starting point telescope image. Some people have used the Prt Scrn button then edited the image, but I found it easiest to use Fox Screen Capture
, as you can select a circle shape (419x419 pixels is about the right size).
4. Paste the screenshot (Ctrl+V) into Paint.
5. In your telescope, click the furthest right hand corner, just above the crosshairs. Make sure that the second coordinate stays at 340.
6. Take a screenshot of the new image. Paste it into paint, making sure you select transparent background
. The new image should overlap with your first one- try lining them up using something close to the edge of the second image.
7. Repeat this with the whole of the top of the sky. Then return to your starting point, and click at the very bottom of the crosshairs. Repeat everything with this new row. Continue until you reach '340, -340'. You should now have a complete map of your sky! It's probably now a good idea to go back over the image and colour over any white bits or red lines, as it makes it easier to look at.
Signature, eh? We'll see about that...