Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Altador Plot Split #13
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:40 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

ATTENTION

!! Please make sure all your posts are coherent, and that you have spelled all words to the best of your ability. Also, please try to use correct grammar.
!! Please do not just post to say "I got this" if it is of NO help to the thread.
!! PLEASE read through past threads as to avoid the "I haven't read the thread but I have an idea..." kind of posts.
!! PLEASE keep all posts on topic. If you would like to speak to someone personally or offtopic, PM them.

--> It's likely a bunch of you may be first time posters here at PPT, PLEASE be sure to look atGeneral Chat Rules & Strike Policy and Forum Rules
--> Posts that are a mod feels contribute NOTHING to the thread or those that VIOLATE the above points are subject to IMMEDIATE deletion without notice.
--> Continual offences of the above points will cause you to be STRIKED. If you are unsure what to do, contact a PPT staff member (special stars) and we will GLADLY help you out.
--> If this thread gets to be a problem, consequences will follow to the appropriate people as well as permanent CLOSURE of the thread.

Remember: This is a MINI plot and with NO WAR portion.
Let's repeat. MINI PLOT and NO WAR.
One more time. MINI PLOT and NO WAR.

======== Links of interest =========
Last Thread: http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25259
Altador: http://www.neopets.com/altador/index.phtml?

(Note: Make sure you click CONTINUE (if applicable) when you have completed each part!)
========= The Beginning ============
1. Click the big castle in the center of the map, The Hall of Heroes
2. In the very back-right corner, you'll see a familiar character. Click him!
3. Hey! It's our old friend again. Looks like he has a new job-- Janitor. Click that button that's next to him.
---> Hm, nothing happened.
4. Oh well, Now click the Altadorian Archives, then go into the doorway on the right.
5. Click the book that is under one of the table legs and balancing it.
---> Hm, we're going to have to replace it...
6. Now go to the QUARRY. And find a rock that'll be suitable. Stumped? Here.
---> Aha! A good replacement for that book...
7. Go back to the Altadorian Archives and click that same book again.
---> We can access the book now! (Located near the top-right part of the scene)
8. You can read the prologue from that book now.
---> Advance a page by clicking the top-right of the book, go back by clicking the top-left.
*** Page 1~3 Acquired! *** (out of 53 pages)
9. Go back to the Janitor in The Hall of Heroes and talk to him.
---> Hmm. We're going to need something to help oil some gears...
10. Click each statue until you find a bottle of oil & a rag.
---> Note: Location is different for each person. Perhaps you should write where you found it, just in case. (Although evidence indicates that it is NOT relevant)
11. Once you've found it, go back to the Janitor and click the button again.
---> The ceiling opens up! Let there be LIGHT!

======= We see the light =======
1. So it looks like the Astronomy club is finally advertising. Go to the Altador Archives and click the pamphlet that shows a telescope. Or click here!
---> You've recieved a telescope!
2. Go back to the Hall of Heroes and go up the staircase on the left side. Click the telescope holder.
---> It fits! You've found the cinderella! ... Actually I guess you found the slipper... oh whatever.
3. Now for the work. Get to it! Start mapping. By the way, Everyone's star formation is different from another. We can help with details, but you're going to have to interpret on your own from now on!
---> Excellent star mapper courtesy of DarkFire here. Follow the instructions on her post.

======= Enlightenment =========
All right, so here are the current points of interest.
* On the left side of The Hall of Heroes, there is now a staircase leading up to a dome-shaped room. Looks like a telescope is missing.
* If you click each statue in The Hall of Heroes, on the very top pixels /section of the picture of the statue, you can look up, and get some arrangement of gems. The following are the same for EVERYONE, here is the breakdown:
- 20 above King Altador
- 22 above Jerdana
- 22 above Siyana
- 22 above Kelland
- 19 above Florin
- 18 above Torakor
- 19 above Darkest faerie
- 22 above marak
- 16 above fauna
- 20 above Psellia
- 17 above Gordos
- 19 above Sasha
--> As well as a helpful compilation of the pictures by soymimi here
========================================
Any additions/corrections should be posted here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:54 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Just to restate what we were discussing in the last thread: many people have been occasionally getting an entirely different map when they look through their telescope. A friend (Plagatus here at PPT) and I suspect this is due to one (or a few) glitched servers. For example: I refreshed my telescope several times, keeping track of which server it loaded from. It loaded normally (normal starting stars at 0,0) on several servers, but then on server 74, I got an entirely different map. I checked my star_data page and the coordinates had NOT changed (when put into the star mapper, I got my usual map). This is probably because they loaded from an unglitched server. When I tried http://www74.neopets.com/altador/astro. ... tar_data=1 instead, I got the coordinates for the "new" map.

Plagatus started a neoboard thread asking others if they got the same thing. Some (like her) did not get a "new" map on server 74, but quite a few did, and also got "new" maps on the other 70-something servers. Same with quite a few PPTers. Looks like they may be glitched. She sent dirtside a neomail, so hopefully we will find out what's up when he gets in to the office.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:11 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I still have not seen a new map either in get star data or telescope. I checked IE settings and tried the server 74. Nothing changes for me, ever. I refreshed from 5am till midnight yesterday. SEVERAL hours of non stop refreshing at the end. I started again at 5am today.

I do have a question though for someone who got the new data without changing to server 74. Is this the same data you get when you do switch to server 74?

I am trying to decided if I should waste another day hitting the refresh button.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:38 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Casi, some people don't get a new map at all, even on the 74 server. For those of us who do, it's always on one of the 70 servers (or possibly one other higher-numbered broken one, but we haven't pinned that down) and it's always the same map.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:39 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

If you don't see it, it probably would be best to not keep trying because it doesn't seem to be affecting you.

My star map doesn't change on me, either. So I'm guessing that while it is a glitch, it doesn't happen to everyone for some reason.

Okami Fangirl <3 Eternal Ordeal Oekaki
Neopets: zafara_fan_8000

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:40 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Cranberry wrote:
Casi, some people don't get a new map at all, even on the 74 server. For those of us who do, it's always on one of the 70 servers (or possibly one other higher-numbered broken one, but we haven't pinned that down) and it's always the same map.

Is there any chance that everyone's second map is the same? If it is just a glitch, that could be the case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:45 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

No, everyone's second map seems to be unique to them, just like the first. We figure that either it's a weird glitch that's mixing up some people's data on some servers (like, maybe the 74 server shows me someone else's map), or it's accidentally showing us a later map (maybe after we find one constellation, our map changes). I wouldn't worry about it, anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:47 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Cranberry wrote:
No, everyone's second map seems to be unique to them, just like the first. We figure that either it's a weird glitch that's mixing up some people's data on some servers (like, maybe the 74 server shows me someone else's map), or it's accidentally showing us a later map (maybe after we find one constellation, our map changes). I wouldn't worry about it, anyway.

Well if I don't worry about it, I have to worry about all the housework I didn't do yesterday because all I did was refresh lol. Thanks for all your help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:52 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Guys - just reminding you all that it's already been determined the statue you found your oil and rag behind means nothing.

So we can rule that out.

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:58 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

im not getting a new map even using the link with 74 in it, that and the one in darkfires post give me the same coordinates every time.

is there any chance that someone would be willing to take my coords and email me a copy of the map please? i cant use paint to do a prt screen and save a copy that way and i dont know how else to get my map saved.

cat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:01 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

purplecatlover2003 wrote:
im not getting a new map even using the link with 74 in it, that and the one in darkfires post give me the same coordinates every time.

is there any chance that someone would be willing to take my coords and email me a copy of the map please? i cant use paint to do a prt screen and save a copy that way and i dont know how else to get my map saved.

PM me with your data and email address. I will do it for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:15 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

burntouttrash, thank you for your assistance in teaching me how to make a map.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:18 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Purplecatlover,

I sent it. Let me know if that worked for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:20 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Casi wrote:
Purplecatlover,

I sent it. Let me know if that worked for you.

got it, thats great, thank you so much :D

cat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:31 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

ok i wish it didnt take so long to cheack the star data

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next