Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:42 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Altador Plot Split #12
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:13 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

ATTENTION

!! Please make sure all your posts are coherent, and that you have spelled all words to the best of your ability. Also, please try to use correct grammar.
!! Please do not just post to say "I got this" if it is of NO help to the thread.
!! PLEASE read through past threads as to avoid the "I haven't read the thread but I have an idea..." kind of posts.
!! PLEASE keep all posts on topic. If you would like to speak to someone personally or offtopic, PM them.

--> It's likely a bunch of you may be first time posters here at PPT, PLEASE be sure to look atGeneral Chat Rules & Strike Policy and Forum Rules
--> Posts that are a mod feels contribute NOTHING to the thread or those that VIOLATE the above points are subject to IMMEDIATE deletion without notice.
--> Continual offences of the above points will cause you to be STRIKED. If you are unsure what to do, contact a PPT staffmember (special stars) and we will GLADLY help you out.
--> If this thread gets to be a problem, consequences will follow to the appropriate people as well as permanent CLOSURE of the thread.

Remember: This is a MINI plot and with NO WAR portion.
Let's repeat. MINI PLOT and NO WAR.
One more time. MINI PLOT and NO WAR.

======== Links of interest =========
Last Thread: http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25250
Altador: http://www.neopets.com/altador/index.phtml?

(Note: Make sure you click CONTINUE (if applicable) when you have completed each part!)
========= The Beginning ============
1. Click the big castle in the center of the map, The Hall of Heros
2. In the very back-right corner, you'll see a familiar character. Click him!
3. Hey! It's our old friend again. Looks like he has a new job-- Janitor. Click that button that's next to him.
---> Hm, nothing happened.
4. Oh well, Now click the Altadorian Archives, then go into the doorway on the right.
5. Click the book that is under one of the table legs and balancing it.
---> Hm, we're going to have to replace it...
6. Now go to the QUARRY. And find a rock that'll be suitable. Stumped? Here.
---> Aha! A good replacement for that book...
7. Go back to the Altadorian Archives and click that same book again.
---> We can access the book now! (Located near the top-right part of the scene)
8. You can read the prologue from that book now.
---> Advance a page by clicking the top-right of the book, go back by clicking the top-left.
*** Page 1~3 Acquired! *** (out of 53 pages)
9. Go back to the Janitor in The Hall of Heros and talk to him.
---> Hm. We're going to need something to help oil some gears...
10. Click each statue until you find a bottle of oil & a rag
---> Note: Location is different for each person. Perhaps you should write where you found it, just in case. (Although evidence indicates that it is NOT relevant)
11. Once you've found it, go back to the Janitor and click the button again.
---> The ceiling opens up! Let there be LIGHT!

======= We see the light =======
1. So it looks like the Astronomy club is finally advertising. Go to the Altador Archives and click the pamphlet that shows a telescope. Or click here!
---> You've recieved a telescope!
2. Go back to the Hall of Heroes and go up the staircase on the left side. Click the telescope holder.
---> It fits! You've found the cinderella! ... Actually I guess you found the slipper... oh whatever.
3. Now for the work. Get to it! Start mapping. By the way, Everyone's star formation is different from another. We can help with details, but you're going to have to interpret on your own from now on!
---> Excellent star mapper courtesy of DarkFire here. Follow the instructions on her post.

======= Enlightenment =========
Alright, so here are points of interests now.
* On the left side of The Hall of Heros, there is now a staircase leading up to a dome-shaped room. Looks like a telescope is missing.
* If you click each statue in The Hall of Heros, on the very top pixels /section of the picture of the statue, you can look up, and get some arrangement of gems. The following are the same for EVERYONE, here is the breakdown:
- 20 above King Altador
- 22 above Jerdana
- 22 above Siyana
- 22 above Kelland
- 19 above Florin
- 18 above Torakor
- 19 above Darkest faerie
- 22 above marak
- 16 above fauna
- 20 above Psellia
- 17 above Gordos
- 19 above Sasha
--> As well as a helpful compilation of the pictures by soymimi here
========================================
Any additions/corrections should be posted here.

Last edited by ScottNak on Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:15 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

LETS TRY AGAIN :x
can someone please give me a link to something that says what u do after you have ur map? i would go through all the posts but my computer is going REALLY slowly. it took 3 minutes to load the page to submit my comment :o

My old siggy expired.
I need a good siggy :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:17 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

for yabramokids

the problem is that nobody seem to know what to do next :P

people have tried tons of tricks andposted hundreds of theories, but nobody seem to have achieved anything :oops:

so i suppose everything is on stanby until TNT unleash some more infos....

and I'll try again to, anybody can explain me slowly and clearly how to map my second sky? I think I miss something, because I didnt find how to do it :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:25 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

yabramokids wrote:
LETS TRY AGAIN :x
can someone please give me a link to something that says what u do after you have ur map? i would go through all the posts but my computer is going REALLY slowly. it took 3 minutes to load the page to submit my comment :o

I can't give you a link, but I can tell you what I have been doing since I got my map. I have non stop refreshed my get star data page hoping to find something new. Oh, I forgot, I have dumped temp files about 100 times because that get star info page refreshing has been taking a toll on my comp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:33 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

moihaha wrote:
and I'll try again to, anybody can explain me slowly and clearly how to map my second sky? I think I miss something, because I didnt find how to do it :cry:

You must only have gotten a second set of star_data

http://www.neopets.com/altador/astro.ph ... tar_data=1

And submit it here:

http://www.boomspeed.com/zaniam/theSky.html

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:35 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

someone asked last split about why the archives has four links to it from the main map. Well, the archives are irregularly shaped. All the links are rectangular. Having multiple links allows for irregularly shaped link space with only rectangular links.

<3 Laq

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:37 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

anjuna wrote:
moihaha wrote:

You must only have gotten a second set of star_data

http://www.neopets.com/altador/astro.ph ... tar_data=1

And submit it here:

http://www.boomspeed.com/zaniam/theSky.html

my problem is HOW do we get the second star data.... I only have the first even when my telescope is on alternate sky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:42 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

moihaha wrote:
my problem is HOW do we get the second star data.... I only have the first even when my telescope is on alternate sky

Just keep refreshing at your get_star page. It'll show up eventually

<3 Laq

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:44 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

very good question. I think I must have missed something because my data never changes. I haven't even seen a different sky (although I may have and just am too clueless to know it)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:54 pm 

Anyone do searches on constellations and neopets? I did and I found that this stuff is hinted at in the editorial section of the neopian times for week 137. It's probably nothing... but they are talking about the stuff in the explore page so who knows.

This is what is said-

~Ahem~ I'm a bit of an astronomer / astrologer / uranologist and I was wondering if there are any official constellations in the stars in the Neopian sky located in the 'explore' picture. I have seen a few patterns however I don't know if they are intentional or not. If you do have constellations could there also be a Neopets horoscope? - Lady_quintessence
The star patterns on the 'explore' page are purely co-incidental. We are doing something with constellations in the future and the explore map will be updated accordingly. Each constellation has its own back story and meaning, so it should be pretty interesting.

Plus, I've been using Ye Olde Star Mapper by darkfire, and playing around with it. I've found a connection of 6 stars, which is the amount you need to submit. With the hunter, who was the one I found the oil behind.

Here's a pic of what I have on that, I circled the stars.-
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a223/ ... Hunter.png

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:57 pm 

When I got my second map I didn't do anything special! All I did was go to my get_star (http://www.neopets.com/altador/astro.phtml?get_star_data=1) page and keep refreshing until the coordinates changed!

I hope that helps a little,

Ria

Neopets Username : zinifluff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:59 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

The all-elusive second set of star_data shows up for only a small percentage of the time, so it seems. And even then the actual view from the telescope may change upon refreshing, or it may not. I don't know what it means but it is very frustrating either way. :roll:

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:00 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

What's so special about the second set of stars? Is it drastically different?

Elric's LDP Fun Pics
Visit Petfinder.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:01 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

The thing with your picture PShades is that we have no idea what size things need to be. For all we know maybe the gems and map need to keep their original size for this to work. I've been using the sky mapper and made the gems 50% smaller and I have also gotten a few matches like you have...

IDB Supermod and Rater

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:04 pm 

anjuna wrote:
The all-elusive second set of star_data shows up for only a small percentage of the time, so it seems. And even then the actual view from the telescope may change upon refreshing, or it may not. I don't know what it means but it is very frustrating either way. :roll:

Yes - now if I find a constellation on my new map I won't be able to plot it anyway :cry:

Neopets Username : zinifluff

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next