Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:49 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Altador Plot Thread (Split #10)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:37 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

ATTENTION

!! Please make sure all your posts are coherent, and that you have spelled all words to the best of your ability. Also, please try to use correct grammar.
!! Please do not just post to say "I got this" if it is of NO help to the thread.
!! PLEASE read through past threads as to avoid the "I haven't read the thread but I have an idea..." kind of posts.
!! PLEASE keep all posts on topic. If you would like to speak to someone personally or offtopic, PM them.

--> It's likely a bunch of you may be first time posters here at PPT, PLEASE be sure to look atGeneral Chat Rules & Strike Policy and Forum Rules
--> Posts that are a mod feels contribute NOTHING to the thread or those that VIOLATE the above points are subject to IMMEDIATE deletion without notice.
--> Continual offences of the above points will cause you to be STRIKED. If you are unsure what to do, contact a PPT staffmember (special stars) and we will GLADLY help you out.
--> If this thread gets to be a problem, consequences will follow to the appropriate people as well as permanent CLOSURE of the thread.

Remember: This is a MINI plot and with NO WAR portion.
Let's repeat. MINI PLOT and NO WAR.
One more time. MINI PLOT and NO WAR.

======== Links of interest =========
Last Thread: http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25223
Altador: http://www.neopets.com/altador/index.phtml?

(Note: Make sure you click CONTINUE (if applicable) when you have completed each part!)
========= The Beginning ============
1. Click the big castle in the center of the map, The Hall of Heros
2. In the very back-right corner, you'll see a familiar character. Click him!
3. Hey! It's our old friend again. Looks like he has a new job-- Janitor. Click that button that's next to him.
---> Hm, nothing happened.
4. Oh well, Now click the Altadorian Archives, then go into the doorway on the right.
5. Click the book that is under one of the table legs and balancing it.
---> Hm, we're going to have to replace it...
6. Now go to the QUARRY. And find a rock that'll be suitable. Stumped? Here.
---> Aha! A good replacement for that book...
7. Go back to the Altadorian Archives and click that same book again.
---> We can access the book now! (Located near the top-right part of the scene)
8. You can read the prologue from that book now.
---> Advance a page by clicking the top-right of the book, go back by clicking the top-left.
*** Page 1~3 Acquired! *** (out of 53 pages)
9. Go back to the Janitor in The Hall of Heros and talk to him.
---> Hm. We're going to need something to help oil some gears...
10. Click each statue until you find a bottle of oil & a rag
---> Note: Location is different for each person. Perhaps you should write where you found it, just in case. (Although evidence indicates that it is NOT relevant)
11. Once you've found it, go back to the Janitor and click the button again.
---> The ceiling opens up! Let there be LIGHT!

======= We see the light =======
1. So it looks like the Astronomy club is finally advertising. Go to the Altador Archives and click the pamphlet that shows a telescope. Or click here!
---> You've recieved a telescope!
2. Go back to the Hall of Heroes and go up the staircase on the left side. Click the telescope holder.
---> It fits! You've found the cinderella! ... Actually I guess you found the slipper... oh whatever.
3. Now for the work. Get to it! Start mapping. By the way, Everyone's star formation is different from another. We can help with details, but you're going to have to interpret on your own from now on!
---> Excellent star mapper courtesy of DarkFire here. Follow the instructions on her post.

MORE NEW DEVELOPMENTS (if any, especially from last night) WILL BE ADDED HERE SOON.

======= Enlightenment =========
Alright, so here are points of interests now.
* On the left side of The Hall of Heros, there is now a staircase leading up to a dome-shaped room. Looks like a telescope is missing.
* If you click each statue in The Hall of Heros, on the very top pixels /section of the picture of the statue, you can look up, and get some arrangement of gems. The following are the same for EVERYONE, here is the breakdown:
- 20 above King Altador
- 22 above Jerdana
- 22 above Siyana
- 22 above Kelland
- 19 above Florin
- 18 above Torakor
- 19 above Darkest faerie
- 22 above marak
- 16 above fauna
- 20 above Psellia
- 17 above Gordos
- 19 above Sasha
--> As well as a helpful compilation of the pictures by soymimi here
========================================
Any additions/corrections should be posted here.

Image Image

Last edited by Yoshi on Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:38 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Darkfire, thank you! I never knew about the control thing :P

OK, I've got a map now. I put little X next to the purple stars. Those are the ones we're trying to match, right?

My statue is Siyana, there's 9 stars. I have 9 purple stars - but I don't see a correlation between the TCG/gems/star map. And that's taking into account the stars probably won't be so straightforward and together.

The constellations are moving?! No way, none of us (or very few) will be able to get this done -- if, in fact we're supposed to be looking for our statue constellation.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:39 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

If the stars are moving, does that mean we'll have to map the stars ever single time they move? :cry: No way. That'd be worse than the Tombs...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:44 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

paperfacesX022 wrote:
If the stars are moving, does that mean we'll have to map the stars ever single time they move? :cry: No way. That'd be worse than the Tombs...

Umm, if in fact they are moving, would that be once an hour, once every 4 hours, 8 hours, 12 hours, etc. Does anyone know that?

If they are moving there's a good chance I'm out before I've actually begun. I caught way too much grief during LDP and the hours spent on that. Neo, people love plots and puzzles, but we have lives/husbands/wives/kids, etc. too!

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:45 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: Browsing the web, playing on random pet sites, talking to my friends, amusing myself...
Okay, is anyone else having trouble loading their sky?

After not being able to acess PPT for days, I have finnaly used IE, and suprise suprise, it works...

So I got my telescope...am I missing anything else? (Other than the fact that my sky won't load...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:47 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

everconfused wrote:
Umm, if in fact they are moving, would that be once an hour, once every 4 hours, 8 hours, 12 hours, etc. Does anyone know that?

for the last 12 hours I've actually tried to track that. It seems at least to me, that every two hours the other map shows itself for a while. (not for long. 15-20mins)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:47 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Right...I've been reading what I can..I see this Constellation thing I have to do...Question.

what in the blue Hell are we supposed to do? Mapping isn't my best point, i've looked at my map asnd have no Idea how to msp it and i'm not reallyt going to try it, I have this web pge up by Darkfire, but I don't know how to use that..>>....I'm stupid Yes I know, but the big question...Why are we mapping? I saw a pic with the gems, I take it we have to find these cnostellations right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:50 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I've come across this automapper

http://boomspeed.com/zaniam/theSky.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:53 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Try:

http://images.neopets.com/altador/astro ... eopets.com

A few of the other ones are down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:54 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

lol! Wow... my mapper's made it all the way to the neopets boards and back. :roflol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:58 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

darkfire wrote:
lol! Wow... my mapper's made it all the way to the neopets boards and back. :roflol:

Good, quality stuff spreads like wildfire throughout the world now, eh? :P

I've added a link to your site, as well as the post you revealed it in, to the first post. I hope you don't mind. Just say so if you want it removed.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:59 pm 

Hi I'm a new member, but here is a pet page that creates a starmap in Excel if people are having trouble.

http://www.neopets.com/~Shabina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:03 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Yoshi wrote:
darkfire wrote:

Good, quality stuff spreads like wildfire throughout the world now, eh? :P

I've added a link to your site, as well as the post you revealed it in, to the first post. I hope you don't mind. Just say so if you want it removed.

Hardly! Thanks I feel all special now (heh I've actually seen 3 people on the neoboards claiming to be the creators of that thing rofl) Aww come on you have admit that's funny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:06 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: Browsing the web, playing on random pet sites, talking to my friends, amusing myself...
Just like the sky won’t load, the get_star_data thingy doesn’t seem to be working for me either. T_T I’m just destined to fail at this plot, aren’t I?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:09 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

So we've deteremined that the maps change? I know for sure that I have atleast two different maps that seem to rotate. I haven't kept track when they change, I'll do that tomorrow.

BTW, this is what the lenny archivist said:

The archivist says, "Ah, I see you've joined the Astronomy Club. Is there more excitement to be found than in observing the heavens, and mapping the intricate patterns of the cosmos?"

Is it just a rhetorical question or should we also be looking for other clues/part of the puzzle.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next