Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:32 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: What did you learn today? [Split 1]
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:56 am 

I have learnt many of the tutorials of designing because I loved designing very much and want to making my career in this field. Ya and also learnt recipe of making coco which I shall eat with ice cream.

How Much Can I Borrow

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:24 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

If someone is trying to make you feel less than you really are, they aren't worth the time. <3

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:23 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

That my teachers are seriously messed up......saying i take part french and drama...yeah right

set by Byakuya San.....Thanks your awesome

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:35 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Well, technically I learned it yesterday, but the phrase is "to be hoist by one's own petard" (which is a small bomb, which I thought everyone knew, but apparently most people think it's a body part), and thus in the past tense, it's "was hoist by one's own petard," or if you're going for a fragment, as in a newspaper headline, it should be "hoist by his/her own petard" -- never "hoisted by."

Sort of similar to when I learned a few months ago that "just deserts" is the proper spelling of that phrase.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:37 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Keeping a clean home not only makes company feel better, but feel better about yourself in general.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:15 pm 

I learned that the hippocampus, in addition to being a part of the brain, is a medieval creature with the body of a horse and the tail of a fish. You learn something new every day!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:01 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: In Shenkuu, munching on Mint Rolls and drinking Black Cherry Tea.
That people call Aishas alien cats.
That you can still reach Sarah the Zafara here.
That you can get 300 free NC with Style Showdown and Petpet Park.
That potpourri is very cheap for your Neohome.
That some things on eBay are very cheap.

That making a board game is harder than you think. My brother and I used WeeWaffle pieces for the board, and we are making tokens and property cards. Named Neopets WeeWaffle Adventure, it contains the elements of Monopoly, Neopets, WeeWaffle, and Millionaire Tycoon (for the iPod/Phone/Pad).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:08 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

That "pinkie" is the dictionary-preferred spelling, though "pinky" is more commonly used now (at least according to Google statistics, either alone or as part of pinky finger). Firefox says "pinky" is misspelled, but Google doesn't suggest an alternative for either spelling. (Pinkie comes from the Dutch "pinkje," which explains the unusual preferred spelling.)

Then I got curious and decided to look at the Google hits for that abomination of internet misspelling, "definately." The results made me want to cry -- 14.9M hits (vs. 136M for the correct spelling), though Google did offer the correct spelling as an alternative search. I really don't understand how this misspelling has gone so far! It's pronounced with a short-i, not any kind of a sound nor even a schwa. Spelling it "defin_ate_ly" is like defe_cat_ing on English phonetics. And yet if it's got more than 10% of the Google hits of the correct spelling, how long before it becomes "acceptable"?

Some dictionaries even have "dependant" listed as a correct spelling now; a girl I used to work with used that in her defense when I proofread a document for her and pointed out her error (and yes, Word had underlined the word in red). I told her, "It might be in one or two dictionaries, but most educated people will still look at that and consider it incorrect. On the other hand, only ignorant people would think 'dependent' is wrong."

[/sidetracked spelling rant]

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:22 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Today I learned that my beloved zero_is_mah_hero Neopets account, the one I used during many of my cherished nostalgic days here, has been frozen (I have no idea why I haven't been on in months).
MY RAGE KNOWS NO BOUNDS.

Anyone know who I can e-mail about this? I've uhh, kind of lost touch with Neopets obviously...

Zero set 13 of 26

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:31 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Zero! wrote:
Today I learned that my beloved zero_is_mah_hero Neopets account, the one I used during many of my cherished nostalgic days here, has been frozen (I have no idea why I haven't been on in months).
MY RAGE KNOWS NO BOUNDS.

Anyone know who I can e-mail about this? I've uhh, kind of lost touch with Neopets obviously...

Send in a bug report. Don't forget, there was a recent account purge, if you weren't on recently. More info here. Scroll to the bottom, then go two posts up. Hopefully, it hasn't been longer than two years.

I've also learned that I started outfits for my pets for Halloween without realizing it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:10 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Yeah, I figured out the tickety system... Hopefully they're a little better than Nexon/Maplestory and won't take 2 months to answer :P
I know it hasn't been two years, so unless they started doing their purges sooner than that, I should be good. That and my pets still exist; they just belong to a frozen account.

Zero set 13 of 26

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:44 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Zero! wrote:
Yeah, I figured out the tickety system... Hopefully they're a little better than Nexon/Maplestory and won't take 2 months to answer :P
I know it hasn't been two years, so unless they started doing their purges sooner than that, I should be good. That and my pets still exist; they just belong to a frozen account.

So far, I've sent in three bug reports. They seem to reply in less than a week, and it's really TNT, not some automated message.

Today, I learned that I started to listen to music. Before, I never listen to it, only played it. Listing to now: The Pink Poogle Toys — Frozed - one of my favorite songs, and one of three songs that have words. So far, I only have PPT music , neo game music, and some miscellaneous music.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:53 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Favorite Cheese: Brie de Meaux, Red Leicester and Wensleydale.
I learned that Tear for Fears sung Everyone Want To Rule The World.

I used to hear this song a lot but had no idea who sung the song.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:30 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I received a response from The Neopets Team about my frozen zero_is_mah_hero account (that username alone completely describes me when I was 11...). Apparently it was frozen from inactivity, and because of this, they cannot retrieve it.

I think I'm going to be like that guy back in 2003 who went on a cross-country journey to get his Neopets account unfrozen. Instead of ending in personal discovery, though, my journey will end in MASS MURDER.

Zero set 13 of 26

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:45 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Zero! wrote:
I received a response from The Neopets Team about my frozen zero_is_mah_hero account (that username alone completely describes me when I was 11...). Apparently it was frozen from inactivity, and because of this, they cannot retrieve it.
I suppose that's something to learn alright. Hopefully you're letting the stress of knowing this not get to you too much. :x

And what I learned...it's better to relax and focus on what's right in front of you than fluster over what is not.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next