Faerieland is the home of the faeries, ruled by Fyora, the Faerie Queen. It formerly floated in a gigantic cloud 10,000 feet above Neopia, where it was free to move around the skies. During the events of The Faeries' Ruin plot, however, it fell and a crashed east of the Haunted Woods, and is currently under repair.
When Faerieland was first released, users could only enter if they had a special Faerie Totem item. This requirement was quickly dropped however, and today users do not need a totem to enter Faerieland.
Neopets: The Darkest Faerie
- Main article: Neopets: The Darkest Faerie
Faerieland was the location of the second act of the video game, and the climax of acts three and four. The Darkest Faerie had planned to crash Faerieland into Meridell so as to destroy both kingdoms, but her scheme was foiled by Roberta and Tormund. After she was turned back to stone, the Darkest Faerie was kept in Faerieland.
The Faeries' Ruin
- Main article: The Faeries' Ruin
After the faeries had been turned to stone, most of the activities in Faerieland became unavailable as their operators had turned to stone. Faerieland also began to descend, beginning on 10 November 2010. As Xandra's ritual continued - ostensibly an attempt to save the city, but in reality intended to accelerate its crash - it continued to fall until it had crashed by 24 November.
Xandra revealed that the destruction of Faerieland had been symbolic of her mission to remove the faeries from Neopia, who she saw as "winged tyrants" because they rarely intervened in Neopet affairs despite their power to do so.
When the curse was broken on 23 December, the activities involving faeries opened up again - except for Faerie Quests which would not return until 7 February. The map was also redesigned to show the city grounded.
Faerieland consists of a central city and a surrounding area. The city contains a wide range of faerie-themed shops and is home to Queen Fyora's castle and the Hidden Tower.
- Games: Faerie Caves II, Faerie Cloud Racers, Jhudora's Cloud, Maths Nightmare, Poogle Races, Wheel of Excitement
- The Discarded Magical Blue Grundo Plushie of Prosperity: Users can visit this poor discarded Blue Grundo Plushie and sometimes received a small prize.
- Healing Springs: At this location, users can heal their Neopets and buy useful items from a helpful Water Faerie.
- Rainbow Fountain: After completing a Fountain Faerie quest, the user can visit this location to paint their Neopet a new colour.
- Shops:Faerieland Bookshop, Faerie Foods, Faerie Furniture, Faerieland PetPets, Faerie Weapon Shop, Hidden Tower
- Games:Faerie Bubbles
- Colouring Pages: This location contains Faerieland themed colouring pages.
- Faerieland Employment Agency: Here, users can trade job coupons for special quests.
- Faerie Paintbrushes: Users can see which Neopets can be painted the Faerie colour here.
- Faerie Quests: After completing a Faerie Quest, the player can collect their reward here.
- Personality Quiz: At this location, the player can take a quiz and find out which faerie type they are most like.
- Main article: Team Faerieland
Despite changing their on field formation and adding several new faces to their roster, Faerieland's Yooyuball team is still considered one of the worst teams in the league. They have participated in all the Altador Cup tournaments, yet they have never placed higher than 15th overall.
- Faerieland was voted Best Place to Live during the 2008 Neopies.
- Faerieland and Faerie City received new flash-based maps on September 17, 2009.
- Locations: Faerieland, Faerie City
- Neopets TCG: Faerieland
- Caption Competition: #156, #274, #320, #370, #371, #422, #469, #570, #660, #682, #694, #700, #710, #718, #723, #744
|The World of Neopia|
Altador · Brightvale · Faerieland · Haunted Woods · Kiko Lake · Krawk Island · Kreludor · Lutari Island · Maraqua · Meridell
Moltara · Mystery Island · Neopia Central · Roo Island · Shenkuu · Terror Mountain · The Lost Desert · Tyrannia · Virtupets Space Station