Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:36 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: [GAME RELEASE] Leopardy
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:26 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Quote:
I've found the average is about 36 cherries, so assuming perfect gameplay (which isn't too hard), you should score about 360 in each game. All the rest is luck, and it's EXTREMELY rare for a game to even give the opportunity for someone to beat 410 points.

The point is, my score is beatable. Whether you think it is hard to beat or not, my score is not the highest, so until someone gets the highest, there is no problem. ;)

I have never played that game before, I have no idea how many blossoms come out on average, I just play the game.

Quote:
I agree with Laryxler that changing the arcade so that tied scores count towards BOTH peoples' totals is the way to go. It required just as much effort or luck for Laryxler to score 410 as it did you, just as it required as much effort or luck for Blake to get the maximum score in Leopardy as it did me. It shouldn't matter who did it first.

A Win requires you to have the highest score in the game or beat the person's score who has the highest score.

Although Laryxler has 410, he did not beat my score, which is possible for the game. He and everyone else still has a chance of beating my score. If I had the max. points, the game would be in the same postion as Leopardy.

Leopardy requires you to memorise the answers and then just keep playing until you get the bonus questions at the right place to maximize your points. There is no skill involved, just luck in picking the right questions.

As it is a capped score, which was reached, there is no point in anyone else playing it. No-one can win against the game but the first person to get the max. points.

If the game setup was different and everyone that reaches the capped score wins, then it makes it fair. But only when capped scores are reached, all other tied scores should not be counted.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:20 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Whatever happened to just playing games for the fun of it? At this moment, there are 33 other games besides Leopardy. So someone beat you to the high score, just try to get high scores in all the others? If you don't like the game, don't play it. :)

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:13 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Jno wrote:
Whatever happened to just playing games for the fun of it? At this moment, there are 33 other games besides Leopardy. So someone beat you to the high score, just try to get high scores in all the others? If you don't like the game, don't play it. :)

Sorry, but I think you missed the point. No-one can beat the highscore in Leopardy.

The games are fun, I actually have more fun with these than on Neo but games that you can not possibly at all have a chance of getting a win is no fun at all.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:20 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Daze wrote:
Jno wrote:

Sorry, but I think you missed the point. No-one can beat the highscore in Leopardy.

The games are fun, I actually have more fun with these than on Neo but games that you can not possibly at all have a chance of getting a win is no fun at all.

Seconded.

(Steal the rhythm while you can.)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:54 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I think it's you that missed the point. You win by completing the game. You do not have to beat everyone else's score. That's not playing for fun. If you do not enjoy playing the game for what it is, just don't play it. :)

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:02 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Jno wrote:
I think it's you that missed the point. You win by completing the game. You do not have to beat everyone else's score. That's not playing for fun. If you do not enjoy playing the game for what it is, just don't play it. :)

If that is the point, then why do with have trophy/highscore board? o_O

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:07 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Would you rather the high scores were removed? Are you seriously saying no one else can have fun because you have a grudge over a game about animal jeopardy?

This thread is getting ridiculous. Locked.

Image Image

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2