Got a little techonology problem that you need fixed pronto? Post it here and we'll see what we can do.
Topic locked

I broke da interwebs

Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:27 pm

Ok, so today I start up my computer, and I click on my internet desktop link thing. It opens up, and Google is down. So I try to go to downforevneryoneorjustme.com, and that's down too. I then come to PPT as a final resort, and guess what, PPT's up! Randomness is also up, but all the other sites I've tried (Mugglenet, Neopets, Subeta, Hotmail) they're all down! Does anyone know what's going on?

Re: I broke da interwebs

Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:34 pm

Oh noes! Teh intarwebs! You broked them!

Huh, that's weird, and it's happened to me before, too - not with those particular sites, but some worked, some didn't. It could be a problem on your ISP's end?

Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:37 pm

It could be. We recently moved the router from right beside the computer to upstairs when we got our new TV, because we wanted internet access on the Wii and on the TV.

Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:16 pm

Are you able to ping any of the sites that you are having trouble with? (Try pinging them by url www.google.com and dns 209.85.173.103).

Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:27 pm

Well, I eventually fixed it. Well, it fixed itself. I'll try that if it happens again though.

Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:08 am

You can go on the net with your tv? o_O

Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:09 am

Shoyru_Lover wrote:You can go on the net with your tv? o_O

Yep, we hooked up a PC to it and it has internet, and solitare, and all those good things.

Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:47 pm

Katherine wrote:
Shoyru_Lover wrote:You can go on the net with your tv? o_O

Yep, we hooked up a PC to it and it has internet, and solitare, and all those good things.

I'd try that if I was more computer-savvy and not lazy (oh, and if my parents would complain, too). And if I was more attached to the TV, but I'm not.

Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:45 pm

We has a media PC that's attached to the TV. 8D
We can watch stuff from CBS Innertube and all that. :D
Topic locked