Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:26 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: iTunes 7.0 Problem
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:24 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I downloaded iTunes 7.0 yesterday. While downloading, I was listening to music and decided to close iTunes 6.0.5 that I had open. After I closed it, I got the annoying message that says, 'iTunes Must Shut Down because of Blah Blah Blah' when programs get errors, so I press 'Don't Send Error Report' and waited for the iTunes Download to finish. I installed it and tried to open it, but after the legal stuff, I get an odd error message.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, pressing repair on the Setup.exe, reboopting, reinstalling the Setup file - it still won't work! I'm getting aggravated... -melts from musiclessness-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:02 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

What's the error message you get?

Speculation Central - Thinking about the future... Today!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:51 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Dear god, iTunes 7.0 is being horrible.

If you are subscribed to any podcasts, don't be surprised when you find out it crashed your iPod when you try to play it. It's only affecting one of my Podcasts, which so far is the only one that has had an update since the 7.0 upgrade.

When I choose to listen to it on my iPod, the whole thing crashes and resets, no matter how recent of an episode I try to listen to. I'm not sure if this affects just audio podcasts or video as well.

I searched everywhere and so far found no answer (since it's so new), but other people having the same issue with different Podcasts. Anyone else here find this one, too?

Augustine: It began as one man's dream; it became his empire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:50 pm 

I am having a problem too, but a completely different one. When I load my computer and open iTunes, it tells me to update, so I do. Then, it installs fine, then freezes up at the end when it is installing modules. So, I close it, and open iTunes again, and it says that some CD burning software I have is messing up its settings and I have to reinstall. So, I reinstall, then it freezes up at the same spot, so I close it, and the whole ordeal starts over again. I don't have CD burning software, or anything related, and it works fine on my other computer without the update, I don't know what's wrong. I have reinstalled nearly a dozen times and rebooted several times, but nothing seems to work. Is there something I am not doing right, or am I missing something? Or does anyone else know something about this? I'm probably going to end up reinstalling everthing on my computer, because it's only 8 or 9 months old, and running as slow as DSL, even though I have Comcast High Speed Internet. I haven't updated my iPod since I got 7.0, so I haven't seen symptoms yet.

My only possible suggestion would be to uninstall it (if possible) and then reinstall it from the CD you got with your iPod (If you have an iPod) and then never update it. Otherwise, go to some website with a download that is outdated, and download it. Or, if you run Windows and haven't done anything important, you could do the System Restore until before you installed the update, but only do this is you didn't do anything important or received any important emails, or installed software recently, as it changes everything back the way it was, emails, software settings, etc.

If these don't work, then I don't know what else to do except contact support.

EDIT: You can go to

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93976

to get help on uninstalling it, and then, if you have your iPod and iTunes install CD, reinstall it and re-register.

ANOTHER EDIT: You can uninstall your current version after making a backup of your library and keeping it on your Desktop or in a place NOT in iTunes or iPod folders. then uninstall it completely. You can go to http://www.oldapps.com/itunes and download version 6.0.5 or whatever version you want, then import your library. I wouldn't recommend this unless it is a last resort or you know a bit about computers. It might not totally work! I am NOT liable for any damages! You have been warned!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]