Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:31 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Books You Didn't Like
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:52 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Yup. We have the thread for your favoritews, so how about one for all those wastes of paper?

For me...

the Eragon series, which I hate with a passion.
Johnny Tremain

...and I'm sure there are others. x_x

Mas mothaionn tu fein mar rud eigin caite ar an dtra...
Lig dom goideail an croi duit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:55 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

9th grade textbooks alike.

.:.^By WebKitty^.:.

RAWR! I R BD CHATTER!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:09 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Tara Duncan, I couldn't go past page 100. Also a lot of boring stuff I had to read for my teacher.

Set by Pixa <3 || WWW for previous sets || T-Shirts gallery
Support Roo Island!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:19 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Katherine by Anchee Min

Loved Red Azalea, really liked Becoming Madame Mao (even though it has some major inaccuracies, from what I've heard), but Katherine was impossible for me to read. It didn't make any sense at all, and I couldn't force myself past the first chapter or so. Very disappointing, because I've loved Anchee Min's style of writing in the other two books very well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:25 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Practically everything I've ever read for class, including such works as: The Grapes of Wrath, The Jungle, The Age of Innocence, Babbit, etc.

Don't be afraid to see the truth, even if no one wants you to. Be yourself and not a fool. Don't ever be afraid to speak your mind and listen to criticism. Dissent is keeps our country progressive and willingness to challenge yourself is what keeps yourself ever evolving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:29 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

The one I can think of off the top of my head is The Samurai's Garden.

not that I disliked most of the middle of the book, rather. I can get into almost any book in the middle. but I sincerely disliked the ending and when I dislike the ending of a book, that book will probably never be read by me again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:18 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

There was a book in my repeat of 10th Grade English I didn't particularly enjoy. However, I've found that just by reading a book at school, that tends to cause me discomfort towards the book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:43 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Laidlaw by William McIlvanney. I was forced to read it for Higher English in school and it is the only book that I have totally and utterly despised. Luckily in the exam you could opt to do a practical crit on a poem or such like rather than answer questions on the book, meaning that after reading the book I never looked at it again while the rest of the class slaved away on it xD

Petpet Central

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:49 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

SpiraLethe wrote:
Practically everything I've ever read for class, including such works as: The Grapes of Wrath, The Jungle, The Age of Innocence, Babbit, etc.

Same with me! The school always gives you boring books to read -_-, right now my for my english class we have to read a book called Nothing but the Truth, it sucks, and it doesnt make any sense. I only like books that can entertain me or else i get bored of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:53 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I don't read books I don't like, not counting school books. I don't count books read for school because I was under the impression you aren't supposed to, or at least not expected to, like them in any case. But whenever I do find that I'm reading a bad book, I usually just bail or set it down with the semi-honest intention of picking it back up again eventually. Some time. Soon. Yeah.

I second that darned Eragon book though. I only got it to see what the fuss was about and rolled my eyes through several chapters before I gave up.

And the latest Harry Potter book. That's right, I said it. Maybe I'm just growing out of the series, or maybe I just don't like the thought of the cute sweet little characters growing up, but I think it was mostly lacking that something that drew me to the series in the first place which would take too long to explain here. Sorry if I'm stepping on anybody's toes, but that's how I feel.

And the last few chapters most of the works by Mercedes Lackey. My gosh, the woman can tell an engrossing tale, but she can't write a satisfying conclusion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:58 am 
PPT God
PPT God

CrewWolf wrote:
And the latest Harry Potter book. That's right, I said it. Maybe I'm just growing out of the series, or maybe I just don't like the thought of the cute sweet little characters growing up, but I think it was mostly lacking that something that drew me to the series in the first place which would take too long to explain here. Sorry if I'm stepping on anybody's toes, but that's how I feel..

I totally agree. I feel like it is lacking that sense of "magic" (no pun intended) that made the first couple of books genuinely good. It just isnt the same anymore when Rowling knows that she has a grand following and she's rich.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:14 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I agree with Johnny Tremain. I don't think I've ever had to force myself so much to read a book. That was horrible.

Nothing else springs to mind...I'm sure I'll think of something, though.

Ali is love.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:52 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Thankyou!

At least now I know I'm not the only one who believes that the last Harry Potter book wasn't as good as the others. 10 points for plot twists, but it just didn't have me as captivated as the other books in the series.

I also don't like 'Lord of the Flies' all too much either. Maybe it's because I was forced to read it for English and analyse it to bits.

Meh.

Randomness- Werewolf and Other Stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:52 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Wuthering Heights.

MY GOD WOMAN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:27 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Igg wrote:
Wuthering Heights.

MY GOD WOMAN.

Argh, so true. She's a brilliant writer, but...honestly.

Mas mothaionn tu fein mar rud eigin caite ar an dtra...
Lig dom goideail an croi duit...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next