Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:24 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: good toys for a hyper indoor cat
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:20 am 

What are good toys for a hyper indoor cat? My cat loves to play! She shreds up and tries to eat any toys with feathers, so I can't use those anymore. I let her play with little jingly balls during the day, and she loves them so much, but they're too noisy for night time. And she really loves to play at night. She doesn't seem to care too much for catnip filled toys. Any suggestions for a quieter toy that she might like to play with at night?

Last edited by gamarasa on Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: good toys for a hyper indoor cat
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:43 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I used to play "chase" with my cat in the evening -- basically, I'd tear around the house with her to tucker her out so she'd be quieter at night time. Her favorite toys were practice golf balls (they're plastic with holes, so she could pick them up with her mouth but with no choking hazard, and they're really cheap for a decent-sized bag of them -- they'd be a bit noisy on tile/wood, but quiet on carpet), and a fabric-covered foam ball (the fabric was bright).

Another option is to tie a toy on a string and fasten the other end to a door handle (or something about the same height). She didn't like most catnip toys either, but really liked one brightly colored catnip mouse that came on an elastic string. She did try to eat the end of the string once (a foot of it was down her throat before I noticed), which is why I recommend tying it to something secure. The elastic of the string meant that as she played with it, it "played back," which kept her interest longer. I got her started by playing with her and then holding the string at the door handle height, so she realized that it was a fun toy, even when it was just hanging there.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

Post subject: Re: good toys for a hyper indoor cat
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:14 pm 

Moved to General Discussion.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]