|Released:||31 October 2000|
|Yooyuball team:||Team Haunted Woods|
|Haunted Woods · Desert Fairground · Neovia|
The Haunted Woods is a spooky Halloween themed land that was introduced on October 31, 2000. These scary, dark, and foggy woods are home to all manner of ghosts, witches, and monsters. Located 175 miles south west of Neopia Central, the Haunted Woods cover 2,400 square miles.
- Shops: Spooky Petpets
- Games: Fetch!, MAGAX: Destroyer II, The Castle of Eliv Thade
- Brain Tree: At this location, users can received and complete a Brain Tree Quest.
- Colouring Pages: This location contains Haunted Woods themed colouring pages.
- Esophagor: Users can go to this location to receive one of Esophagor's quests.
- Game Graveyard: At this location, users can play old games that have been retired.
- Gypsy Camp: Users can learn about the Tale of Woe and visit Neovia.
- Halloween Paint Brushes: Users can view the older designs for the Halloween colour here.
- Haunted House: Here, users can read a scary choose your own adventure story.
- Neopet Masks: This area contains masks that users can print out and wear.
- Stone Dome: This is a Battledome arena made of stone.
- Witch's Tower: Users can receive an quest from Edna here.
The Deserted Fairground
Released on October 31, 2002, the Deserted Fairground is a spooky carnival that lies deep within the Haunted Woods. Despite being called "deserted", this area is actually quite lively and is filled with shops and games.
- Shops: Haunted Weaponry, Spooky Food, Spooky Furniture
- Games: Bagatelle, Carnival of Terror, Coconut Shy, Cork Gun Gallery, Test Your Strength, Wheel of Misfortune
- Deserted Fairground Scratchcards: Users can purchase Halloween themed scratchcards at this location.
- Ghost Paint Brushes: Here, users can see the older designs for the Ghost colour.
Neovia is a Victorian themed town that was introduced as part of the Tale of Woe plot. Located just past the Gypsy Camp, this spooky yet oddly peaceful town is filled with a variety of shops.
When Neovia was first released on October 6, 2006, it was abandoned and in ruins. However, after the conclusion of the Tale of Woe on November 21, 2006, the town was rebuilt. On this same day, the plot-specific areas of Neovia, such as the abandoned mansion, the trail to Sophie's hut, and The Meepit Oaks Sanitorium for the Psychologically Fragile, were removed.
- Shops: Chesterdrawers' Antiques, Neovian Printing Press, Prigpants & Swolthy, Tailors, The Crumpetmonger
- Almost Abandoned Attic: At this location, users who have accounts older than three years can purchase rare items from a Ghost Aisha.
- Apple Bobbing: Users can bob for apples once a day at this location.
- Main article: Team Haunted Woods
Ever since winning the championship in 2006, the Haunted Woods' Yooyuball team has been in a steep decline, placing lower and lower every year. Though they are a talented, defence-oriented squad, the team lacks the offensive power to consistently win games.
- The Haunted Woods was one of the candidates for the Best Place to Live category during the 2008 Neopies.
- The Dark Lurker avatar, released on October 29, 2010, can be randomly obtained by buying any item from any shop in either the Haunted Woods, Deserted Fairground, or Neovia.
- Locations: Haunted Woods, Neovia, The Deserted Fairground
- Neopedia: Neovia, The Haunted Woods
- NeoDeck: Deserted Fairground Card
- Neopets TCG: Neovia, The Haunted Woods
- Caption Competition: #228, #262, #288, #323, #325, #327, #329, #331, #333, #514, #634, #635, #640, #650, #673, #674, #675, #697, #708, #772, #806
|The World of Neopia|
Altador · Brightvale · Faerieland · Haunted Woods · Kiko Lake · Krawk Island · Kreludor · Lutari Island · Maraqua · Meridell
Moltara · Mystery Island · Neopia Central · Roo Island · Shenkuu · Terror Mountain · The Lost Desert · Tyrannia · Virtupets Space Station