Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy. Bear with me while I tweak everything
It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 1:14 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

Which One?
Star Wars 42%  42%  [ 19 ]
Lord Of The Rings 58%  58%  [ 26 ]
Total votes: 45
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:59 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student
Offline

Posts: 496
Joined: Sun May 15, 2005 12:30 am
Location: Australia
Results from last week were:

Star Wars! 82%

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre! 17%

Star Wars with another amazing win. To truly test it, I will put it up against LoTR!!

Remember, you aren't voting for a particular movie in the series. But the overall whole series of each.

Star Wars
Image

Vs

Lord of The Rings
Image

___________________________________
Hall Of Fame
To get into the Hall Of Fame, one must win 5 consecutive rounds!

Shrek: Versus 2-7


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:04 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Offline

Posts: 2918
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 3:20 pm
Location: Paducah, KY
Ok, admittedly Lord of the Rings has all of the hot Hobbits, but to this day I've still only seen the first film, and even then, I didn't see it until two years after it came out. And I've only seen it once.
I've had plenty of chances to watch the other two, I just haven't yet, dunno why.

Star Wars however. Guhhhh. They're just so cooool. It can't even be put into words!

_________________
Image
Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:09 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly
Offline

Posts: 8491
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 6:44 am
Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Poll of evvvvil. But I like Star Wars better as it has alot of books.


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:48 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Offline

Posts: 2918
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 3:20 pm
Location: Paducah, KY
Chris, you set Peter Jackson's tree on fire. I think it's only fair that you put his films above all others for life. I mean, have you ever set any of George Lucas' trees on fire?

_________________
Image
Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:52 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly
Offline

Posts: 8491
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 6:44 am
Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Sapphire Faerie wrote:
Chris, you set Peter Jackson's tree on fire. I think it's only fair that you put his films above all others for life. I mean, have you ever set any of George Lucas' trees on fire?
No...

But the Lord of the Rings has essentially ended even before the movies, Star Wars however continues to expand. Also, I lean slightly towards sci-fi than fantasy.


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:52 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly
Offline

Posts: 2903
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: .com.au
Lord Of The Rings no doubt about it. I didn't vote for Star Wars in the last rounds and it was versing movies that I never though "wow" about, Lord of the Ring is "wow" so voting for Lord of the Rings was a given.

_________________
avatar by spiralethe


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:22 am 
PPT God
PPT God
Offline

Posts: 1056
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:34 am
Location: Canada!
That poll is just mean! I swear I was staring at it for a few minutes trying to pick one. I ended up on lord of the Rings though just because of how amazing those movies really were, not only with the effects, but with legolas! I'll admit I did have a little crush on Luke when I was little though(from a New Hope I mean).

_________________
Image
- set by WIS


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:22 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly
Offline

Posts: 5410
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:20 pm
Yahoo Messenger: azureshadow89
I hate them both ...so I'm not going to vote on this one.
:evil:

(*Throws a Marshmallow at a random person*)

_________________
Image
glorious set by neko.


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:05 pm 
PPT God
PPT God
Offline

Posts: 2186
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:31 pm
Lord of the Rings, I guess. Although, like Xerophyte I've never really liked both particularly. Anyways, I like fantasy wayyy more than sci-fi, so whatever. Besides, I actually saw the whole 1st and 2nd movie and part of the 3rd... and I haven't seen Star Wars except for a little little part in some movie (I don't remember which) so yea.


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:51 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly
Offline

Posts: 6587
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:21 am
Chris, should I ask?

Tough choice... LotR just wins, though.

_________________
Gone, forever.


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:56 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly
Offline

Posts: 3431
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 6:31 am
Location: NYC & The Holy Land
I haven't seen any of the Star Wars movies, and I have seen all the LotR movies, plus I liked them, so I voted from lotr.

_________________
Image
~Set by moogie~


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:17 pm 
PPT God
PPT God
Offline

Posts: 1977
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:10 pm
Location: Ontario
Darn you Jamie!

I can't choose either one! They are both so good! But then agin, if it is the whole series as a whole, then LOTR. Episode 1=Bad

Darn you Jar Jar Binks!

_________________
Image
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." - Terry Pratchett. Thanks to Blue for the set!


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Offline

Posts: 1730
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:22 am
Location: Living in America, at the end of the millenium
*GASP*

You stole my idea! That was a copyrighted idea.

I'm calling my lawyers to sue.

Anyyyway... Lord of the Rings was too long and bored me. So, Star Wars.

_________________
Image


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:35 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student
Offline

Posts: 477
Joined: Wed May 11, 2005 3:14 pm
Location: Hidden Village of Konoha
I havent seen any of the LOTR movies, i know sad. Everyone says youve got to see one of them but i never get around to renting one. I have though seen StarWars Episode III and it was entertaining better than i thought.


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:19 pm 
PPT God
PPT God
Offline

Posts: 1539
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:04 am
Not a particularly tough decision for me. I enjoy The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, and I love the Star Wars Trilogy (original).


Top
 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

All times are UTC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited