Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy. Bear with me while I tweak everything
It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2026 2:44 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:45 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Offline

Posts: 4587
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 6:33 am
Location: Being PWNED
That article described them with "rosy white skin" their skin was orange... wasn't it?

*blinks*
bleh.
I agree with the Marilyn manson thing.
And...yeah

No interest in this movie. *hacks on it*

_________________
Image
Evisceration is a sign of respect.


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:46 pm 
PPT God
PPT God
Offline

Posts: 1851
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:58 pm
Website: http://www.theamazingjourney.net
Yahoo Messenger: minaliz82
Location: In Ohio. Catch me if you can :P
What the heck was wrong with the original? *clings to her copy of it* Gene Wilder was the best Willy Wonka and no one can ever change my mind about that ;-;

_________________
Image

<STOWA|Sleep> my sister questioned the title. "Half Blooded Prince? Does that mean he's a Moogle"


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:47 pm 
PPT God
PPT God
Offline

Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:34 pm
Website: http://www.neopets.com/browseshop.phtml?owner=xfzunx
Location: FLA, represent.
As much as I love Johnny Depp, I really think they should have left this movie alone. I think the original looks much better than this version :/

_________________
Image


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:11 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly
Offline

Posts: 4116
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:13 pm
Location: New Jersey. The state we love to hate and hate to love.
Willy Wonka...Willy Wonka...

I've been waiting for this movie for a long time. Big Tim Burton fan, big Johnny Depp fan. It seems like something to look into, even if you seem skeptical. Tim Burton's a genuis, and I think he could do a great job with this. <3 Yay...*squeaks*

Willy Wonka...Willy Wonka...

_________________
Image


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:41 pm 
PPT God
PPT God
Offline

Posts: 2147
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 8:50 am
Location: looking at my awesome rage set
I think that should be good - I'm definetly seeing it. The trailor makes it look really interesting :)

I liked both the book and the first movie, so I'm hoping this one will be good as well -crosses fingers-

_________________
Image
Any posts made from this username after midnight PST and before I sleep for ten hours are not guaranteed to make sense.


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:34 am 
PPT God
PPT God
User avatar
Offline

Posts: 1112
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:35 am
Location: Bedstead Square
Creepy! He looks like an old family friend O.O

That family friend is a seventy-something woman.

By the way, who is Christopher Lee in this movie? I can't figure it out. I WILL see just about anything with Lee in it.

_________________
Image


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:48 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler
Offline

Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:12 am
Website: http://www.livejournal.com/users/rabray/
ahoteinrun wrote:
That article described them with "rosy white skin" their skin was orange... wasn't it?
Their skin is orange in the movie. I can't find the exact quote, but I'm fairly certain they don't have orange skin in the book, and so I think "rosy white skin" is right.

I'm looking foward to the movie. I love the book, and I'm interested in seeing how this turns outs. The teaser for it looks interesting and the song is oddly catchy.
Eo wrote:
By the way, who is Christopher Lee in this movie? I can't figure it out. I WILL see just about anything with Lee in it.
According to the IMDB, he's playing Willy Wonka's father.


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:26 am 
PPT God
PPT God
User avatar
Offline

Posts: 1112
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:35 am
Location: Bedstead Square
Rab wrote:
ahoteinrun wrote:
That article described them with "rosy white skin" their skin was orange... wasn't it?
Their skin is orange in the movie. I can't find the exact quote, but I'm fairly certain they don't have orange skin in the book, and so I think "rosy white skin" is right.

I'm looking foward to the movie. I love the book, and I'm interested in seeing how this turns outs. The teaser for it looks interesting and the song is oddly catchy.
Eo wrote:
By the way, who is Christopher Lee in this movie? I can't figure it out. I WILL see just about anything with Lee in it.
According to the IMDB, he's playing Willy Wonka's father.
Oh... kay then. Anyhoo, they had pure black skin in the book, but that was deemed racist. But I think orange skin is, um, racist against that one episode of Magic School Bus! XD

_________________
Image


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:56 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly
Offline

Posts: 8491
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 6:44 am
Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
According to the article I posted, as the movie was made in the 70s, the oompa loompas were supposed to be midget hippies XD

How do you end up with carrots from hippies?


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:55 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior
Offline

Posts: 918
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:38 pm
Yahoo Messenger: floella_de_ville
Location: U.K
Eo wrote:
Rab wrote:
ahoteinrun wrote:
That article described them with "rosy white skin" their skin was orange... wasn't it?
Their skin is orange in the movie. I can't find the exact quote, but I'm fairly certain they don't have orange skin in the book, and so I think "rosy white skin" is right.

I'm looking foward to the movie. I love the book, and I'm interested in seeing how this turns outs. The teaser for it looks interesting and the song is oddly catchy.
Eo wrote:
By the way, who is Christopher Lee in this movie? I can't figure it out. I WILL see just about anything with Lee in it.
According to the IMDB, he's playing Willy Wonka's father.
Oh... kay then. Anyhoo, they had pure black skin in the book, but that was deemed racist. But I think orange skin is, um, racist against that one episode of Magic School Bus! XD
Ahhhhhh I remember that episode of magic school bus lol

_________________
Image
Thanks for my sat Jade MWAH!


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:36 am 
PPT God
PPT God
Offline

Posts: 1302
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:03 pm
Website: http://neopets.com/randomfriend.phtml?user=aero_ziggy
Location: Neopia // Thanks WIS!
fzun wrote:
I really think they should have left this movie alone. I think the original looks much better than this version :/
Well said. Classics should be left classic.

_________________
Image


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:13 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Offline

Posts: 2918
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 3:20 pm
Location: Paducah, KY
Ziggy wrote:
fzun wrote:
I really think they should have left this movie alone. I think the original looks much better than this version :/
Well said. Classics should be left classic.
This is not a remake of the first movie though. This is Tim Burton's vision of the book. It may end up following the book a lot closer than the first movie did. It shouldn't be a question of how it compares to the first movie. It should be a question of how it compares to the book. And it's hard to judge something from that short and fast of a trailer.
**grasping for words to explain herself** There should be no complaining about things that are different from the first movie, because this one has nothing to do with the first movie.

_________________
Image
Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:31 am 
PPT God
PPT God
User avatar
Offline

Posts: 1112
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:35 am
Location: Bedstead Square
Sapphire Faerie wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
fzun wrote:
I really think they should have left this movie alone. I think the original looks much better than this version :/
Well said. Classics should be left classic.
This is not a remake of the first movie though. This is Tim Burton's vision of the book. It may end up following the book a lot closer than the first movie did. It shouldn't be a question of how it compares to the first movie. It should be a question of how it compares to the book. And it's hard to judge something from that short and fast of a trailer.
**grasping for words to explain herself** There should be no complaining about things that are different from the first movie, because this one has nothing to do with the first movie.
Exactly, Sapphers. This is a book.
And a movie.
There will be a LOTR musical in the near future.
That does not mean they are re-making the Peter Jackson movies, nor was PJ remaking the earlier LOTR movies.
They're seperate entities, these two movies-- being based off a book, Burton has every right to make a movie of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (assuming he has, y'know, rights like PJ had to get from the Tolkien family- which I'm pretty dang sure he does.)

_________________
Image


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:38 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior
Offline

Posts: 918
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:38 pm
Yahoo Messenger: floella_de_ville
Location: U.K
Eo wrote:
Sapphire Faerie wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Well said. Classics should be left classic.
This is not a remake of the first movie though. This is Tim Burton's vision of the book. It may end up following the book a lot closer than the first movie did. It shouldn't be a question of how it compares to the first movie. It should be a question of how it compares to the book. And it's hard to judge something from that short and fast of a trailer.
**grasping for words to explain herself** There should be no complaining about things that are different from the first movie, because this one has nothing to do with the first movie.
Exactly, Sapphers. This is a book.
And a movie.
There will be a LOTR musical in the near future.
That does not mean they are re-making the Peter Jackson movies, nor was PJ remaking the earlier LOTR movies.
They're seperate entities, these two movies-- being based off a book, Burton has every right to make a movie of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (assuming he has, y'know, rights like PJ had to get from the Tolkien family- which I'm pretty dang sure he does.)
The exact point I've been trying to get through to people.
It isn't a remake it's a deifferent version.
I hope this version is a lot more like the book.

_________________
Image
Thanks for my sat Jade MWAH!


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:53 pm 
PPT God
PPT God
Offline

Posts: 1765
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:41 pm
Website: http://www.jensproductions.tk
Location: Belgium
that movie was bad anyway :)

well this movie sure looks okay :) i'm gonna see it when it comes to belgium, the land of chocolate!

_________________
Image


Top
 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

All times are UTC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited