Neopian Standard Time
Neopian Standard Time (NST) is the time zone used on Neopets, and interestingly, around the Neopian globe. Currently, NST synchronises with GMT-8. The term was used to describe the GMT and BST time zones while the Neopets was stationed in Great Britain.
The fact that countries and places as far as the other side of Neopia to Neopian Central also use NST has never been explored or justified in the game. As it is the same time zone as The Neopets Team's workday, it is likely that this is just for simplicity. NST is also used on Kreludor and the Virtupets Space Station.
The time in NST can be found at any point in the Neopets upper bar, formerly in the sidebar.
 Special times
- Neopet Version 2 - One stage of the plot required the user to view a page within the space station at an exact time and then click a link.
- Coltzan's Shrine - Approach the Shrine at the fifth second past the hour to gain an increase in Movement; at the tenth second past the hour to gain an increase in Defence; at the thirtieth minute past the hour to gain an increase in Strength; at an odd hour exactly to gain an increase in Endurance; at an even hour to gain an increase in Level. Approach between 11:00 AM and 12:00 PM to receive Burnt Food. Approach at 55 seconds past the minute to receive a Dubloon.
- Snowager - Visit from 6:00 to 7:00 AM, 2:00 to 3:00 PM or 10:00 to 11:00 PM for a chance to steal from the sleeping Snowager's treasure horde. At any other time of day the Snowager is awake.
- Wheel of Excitement - If spun exactly on the hour, the user has a much greater chance at winning 10,000 NP than when spun at other times.
- Money Tree - There are certain days of the week and times of the day where fruits, faeries, and many other things are given out.