|This page is under construction|
|Verification if codes work in new version|
Dubloon Disaster is an action game (with a multiplayer feature) released on January 12, 2007, set after a successful raid on Krawk Harbour by a small pirate ship. As it tries to escape they run into The Black Pawkeet. Users control Dorak, an enterprising young Krawk in a rowboat trying to salvage the treasure which sunk with the ship after the attack, avoiding the homing mines being fired from the Black Pawkeet.
How to play
Users control Dorak with the arrow keys, with the left and right arrow keys to turn, the up arrow key to accelerate and the down arrow key to reverse. When a Dubloon is collected, a new homing mine is fired from the Black Pawkeet and placed randomly, and will follow Dorak across the board, moving faster the closer he is to the mine. A maximum of 8 can be in play at a time, and should Dorak touch a mine the game is over.
Users are able to destroy the the mines by having them collide as they chase him. Users can also safely rush through new mines as they are being created for a little under a second. This is especially useful if a Dubloon should suddenly appear in front of Dorak when he collects another Dubloon, and users rush through collecting a new Dubloon in the off chance it should appear in front.
- Two Dubloon Coin - 10 points
- Five Dubloon Coin - 25 points
- Ten Dubloon Coin - 50 points
- Twenty Dubloon Coin - 100 points
- Fifty Dubloon Coin - 250 points
- One Hundred Dubloon Coin - 500 points
- Two Hundred Dubloon Coin - 1000 points
The original Dubloon Disater was released on June 11, 2002, and was placed in the Game Graveyard on January 17, 2007. It played exactly the same, but with older graphics. Two cheat codes could be used in the game...
- Typing "scallywags" during gameplay to make a whirlpool appear. Can only be used once each game.
- Typing "blackpawkeet" increase the chance of a One Hundred Dubloon coin appearing.
- Two Dubloon Coin - 2 points
- Five Dubloon Coin - 5 points
- Ten Dubloon Coin - 10 points
- Twenty Dubloon Coin - 20 points
- Fifty Dubloon Coin - 50 points
- One Hundred Dubloon Coin - 100 points
- Two Hundred Dubloon Coin - 200 points
- On September 16, 2004 the Smuggler's Dubloon avatar was released, which users could obtain by sending a score of at least 800 points. With the release of the new game, the new minimum is 2500.
- The following characters had their scores featured in Better Than You...
- Bug Eye McGee - ? - June 12, 2003
- Dorak's Neopedia article was released on November 12, 2002.
- The amount of neopoints earned from the old version of Dubloon Disaster was raised by 20% on July 21, 2003, and another 20% on September 3, 2003.
- Translated into Chinese (simplified and traditional), French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Korean and Japanese on August 24, 2004.
- One of the selected games in Games Master Challenge.
|Krawk Island Games|