Acronyms are commonly used by the Neopets community. An acronym is a series of letters that represents several a phrase, usually the first letters of the words or syllables in it. To a user unfamiliar with their usage, Neopian acronyms may seem confusing. The following is a list of some common acronyms, in alphabetical order for convenience.
- AC - Avatar Chat, the NeoBoard where users engage in avatar-relating conversations.
- AFC - Air Faerie Crown, a popular Battledome Equipment.
- AI - Artificial Intelligence, referring to the way computer challengers, such as the 1-Player Challengers in the Battledome, play against a user based on specific patterns.
- AP - Attack Pea, a popular Battledome Equipment.
- ATM - Short for At the moment, usually referring to auctions or trades.
- BC - The Beauty Contest.
- BFC - Black Frost Cannon, a piece of Battledome Equipment.
- BN - Before Neopia, referring to times before recorded History of Neopia (or before Neopets began).
- BD - Battledome, where Neopets get to fight against other Neopets or Villains of Neopia. Can also mean Battle Duck, a type of Battledome Equipment.
- BD Chat - Battledome Chat, a Battledome-orientated NeoBoard.
- BGC - Bony Grarrl Club, a Battledome Equipment which gives users an avatar when equipped to their Grarrl.
- BoD - Bow of Destiny, a Battledome Equipment received as a prize from NeoQuest II.
- BoHD - Bag of Healing Dust, a Battledome Equipment.
- BoK - Bracelet of Kings, a Battledome Equipment from the Hidden Tower.
- BoLHS - Bag of Lenny Healing Seeds, a Battledome Equipment.
- BoMS - Bottle of Magic Sand, a Battledome Equipment.
- BRB - Chat speak for Be Right Back.
- BSS - Blumaroo SlingShot, a Battledome Equipment.
- BTM - Brain Tree Mace, a Battledome Equipment.
- BTY - Better Than You
- Bzzt - Bzzt Blaster, a Battledome Equipment.
- C-Blade - CarrotBlade, a Battledome Equipment found in the Hidden Tower.
- CATFB - Chomby and the Fungus Balls, referring to a band and a retired game.
- CB - CarrotBlade, a Battledome Equipment found in the Hidden Tower.
- CE - Cursed Elixir, a Battledome Equipment.
- CF - Chia Flour, a Battledome Equipment item found in the Hidden Tower. Also short for "Congratulations Feeders", in reference to the Kadoatery.
- CG - Cyodrake's Gaze, a plot from 2006.
- Coll - Short for Collateral.
- Collat - Short for Collateral.
- COM - The Curse of Maraqua plot, and sometimes its respective NeoBoard.
- CP - Caustic Potion, a Battledome Equipment received as a prize from Illusen's Glade.
- CS - Clawed Shield, a Battledome Equipment which can reward an Avatar.
- CSC - Cardboard Sprout Cannon, a Battledome Equipment found in the Hidden Tower.
- CSS - Cascading Style Sheets. An extension to HTML which can set default style attributes for a HTML tag (that has been defined in the doctype) or style attributes for a specific class or ID. Frequently used within Neopia to customise User Lookups and Shops.
- CWoS - Cloudy Wand of Storms, a Battledome Equipment.
- DBD - Dark Battle Duck, a weapon that used to do 10 icons damage in the Battledome, but following being downgraded is not as valued any more.
- DEB - Dual Expert Bow, a retired and expensive Magic Item.
- Def - Defence, a statistic of a Neopet that influences how well certain shields work.
- DMB - Dusty Magic Broom, a valued weapon sold at Haunted Weaponry
- DoN - Defenders of Neopia
- DPP - Downsize Power Plus, a single use Defense Magic item which protects a Neopet from all forms of damage.
- ECA - Everlasting Crystal Apple, which can be eaten countless times and not disappear from a users inventory.
- EKST - Enchanted Kiko Squeeze Toy, a multiple use defence item against all water damage in the Battledome.
- ELL - Entangling Lenny Lasso, a powerful weapon for Lennies to use in the Battledome.
- ENT - Evil Neopets Team, an acronym used often to refer to The Neopets Team when they're particularly unpleasant.
- EoE - Essence of Esophagor, a Battledome weapon which has large damage output at a cheap price.
- ETS - Easy to sell, referring to an item that can be turned into NP quickly, due to high demand.
- F-Ray - Fungus Ray, a powerful Battledome weapon which could be redeemed from a Rare Item Code.
- FaIB - Fire and Ice Blade, a Battledome weapon from the Hidden Tower which is similar the ones used by the Battle Faerie.
- FB - Florbix Blaster, a Battledome weapon which received fame when it was changed from a Jet Pack, making the otherwise useless item come in high demand.
- FC - Fan Club NeoBoard.
- FFQ - Fountain Faerie Quest, a rare Faerie Quest that can alter a Neopets colour to any available for it.
- FPot - Freezing Potion, a Battledome weapon sold at the Hidden Tower.
- FSS - Faerie SlingShot, a Battledome weapon which could be made from the Cooking Pot, now all but impossible now that the ingredients for making it are retired.
- FTP - First to post in a NeoBoard.
- G-Bomb - Ghostkerbomb, a popular once per battle weapon from the Hidden Tower.
- GBK - Golden Butter Knife, a retired weapon from the Hidden Tower.
- GC - Glowing Cauldron, a weapon from the Hidden Tower which can have strange affects in the Battledome.
- GEB - Garoo Elite Blaster, a weapon which care be acquired from Rare Item Codes from the TCG.
- GHS - Greater Healing Scroll, a healing item in the Battledome which is popular due to it's once per battle use.
- GLB - Grand Lightning Beam, an old yet powerful weapon from Neopets' early years.
- GoC - Golden Compass
- GSH - Green Sticky Hand
- G-Shield - Ghostkershield, a popular defense from the Hidden Tower.
- G-Staff - Greater Staff of the Earth Faerie
- G-Sword - Ghostkersword, a popular weapon from the Hidden Tower.
- GTA - Greater Tiki Amulet, a weapon in the Battledome acquired as a prize from Mystery Island Volcano. Can also refer to Grand Theft Auto, a popular series of video games.
- H4K - H4000 Helmet, popular retired Space Armour capable of freezing the opponent once per battle in the Battledome.
- HATIC - Hannah and the Ice Caves, referring to the plot, the game, and sometimes to its respective NeoBoard.
- HATPC - Hannah and the Pirate Caves
- HC - The Help Chat of the NeoBoard.
- HH - H4000 Helmet, a very valued weapon in the Battledome.
- HoD - The Halo of Devilpuss, a weapon which can be rewarded in NeoQuest II.
- HoH - The Hall of Heroes, an important location in the Altador Plot
- HP - Hit points, the amount of total health you have. It is important in the Battledome. Can also refer to the Honey Potion, a weapon given out in Illusen's Glade.
- HPB - Hubrids Puzzle Box, a special Battledome Equipment item sold at the Hidden Tower which can be constructed in the form of Hubrid Nox.
- HPS - Hand Painted Scarab, a once popular weapon in the Battledome capable of damaging with three different elements.
- HT - The Hidden Tower, in Faerieland, that sells many rare and expensive relics.
- HTML - Hypertext Markup Language, the mark-up language in which all webpages are written.
- HTS - Hard to sell, referring to an item that cannot be turned into NP quickly, due to low demand, despite what it may be perceived as being worth due to rarity.
- IDB - In-Depth Battlepedia, a sub-site of PinkPT which is dedicated entirely to the Battledome. May also refer to Icy Battle Duck, a air and water based version of the Battle Duck.
- IDNQ - In-Depth NeoQuest, a sub-site of PinkPT dedicated entirely to the games NeoQuest and NeoQuest II.
- IEP - Illusens Earth Potion, a prize attainable from Illusen's Glade.
- ILB - Improved Lightning Beam, a popular Battledome weapon from Neopets' early years.
- ILS - Iron Lupe Sword, a popular Battledome weapon usable by Lupes.
- IQ - Intelligence Quotient, of which is stated that Adam Powell has an IQ of 174.
- JP - Jhudoras Potion, a prize attainable from Jhudora's Cloud.
- JCB - Jhudoras Crystal Ball, a prize attainable from Jhudora's Cloud.
- JSS - Jade Scorchstone, a popular retired Battledome Equipment from the Hidden Tower which heals fully once per battle.
- K - A symbol following a number, meaning thousand, from the SI prefix kilo-.
- KLP - Kacheek Life Potion, a popular Battledome weapon usable by Kacheeks.
- KPL - Kacheek Pebble Lobber, a popular Battledome weapon usable by Kacheeks.
- LDD - Lost Desert Dagger, popular weapon in the Battledome.
- LDP - The Lost Desert Plot, and sometimes its associated NeoBoard.
- LDPBSTSCC - The Trading Card Lost Desert Paint Brush Stamp T-Shirt Collectable Card.
- LEV - Leaded Elemental Vial, popular one per battle full heal item.
- LRGoF - Lenny Ray Gun of Freezing, popular freezing weapon used by Lennies in the Battledome.
- MFB - Mystery Fruit Bowl, a Battledome Equipment item rewarded in the Mystery Island Volcano Plot. It's believed only 200 were released.
- MoC - Mask of Coltzan, powerful dual attack and defense Battledome item used by King Coltzan III.
- MM - Melting Mirror, a once popular Battledome Equipment item rewarded from a scratchcard.
- MMoM - Magical Marbles of Mystery, a once per battle Battledome Equipment item from the Hidden Tower capable of freezing an opponent and giving slight damage.
- MP - Morphing Potion, or My Price for an item.
- MSP - Malevolent Sentient Plushie, a colour that only exists for Poogles which resembles the MSPP (see below).
- MSPP - Malevolent Sentient Poogle Plushie, a plushie that is shaped like a Poogle and is alive and evil. Refers specifically to the MSPP TCG Card.
- NF - Neofriends
- NM - NeoMail
- NP - Neopoints
- NQ - NeoQuest
- NQ1 - NeoQuest I
- NQ2 - NeoQuest II
- NQI - NeoQuest I
- NQII - NeoQuest II
- NST - Neopia Standard Time, the clock Neopia follows, and the time The Neopets Team follows in their work day.
- NT - Neopian Times
- PB - Paint Brush
- PC - Plot Chat, referring to the currently active Plot NeoBoard.
- PHP - The recursive acronym for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor, the programming language that makes Neopets possible.
- PPL - Petpet Protection League, a league on Neopets that rewards Neopets for taking good care of their Petpets.
- PPPB - Petpet Paint Brush.
- PPT - Pink Poogle Toy, or PinkPT. One of the oldest Neopets help sites to exist on the internet. Home of all that is weird and wonderful.
- PPTer - The term given to a person who has become a member of PinkPT and considers themselves a part of the PPT community.
- PS2 - The PlayStation 2. The Neopets: The Darkest Faerie video game was released on the PS2.
- PSP - The Playstation Portable.
- PTS - Points, in reference to the score users receive in the Games they play.
- R# - The rarity of an item, e.g. r99.
- RE - Random Event
- RPG - Role Playing Game. Neoquest and Neopets: The Darkest Faerie are both considered RPGs.
- RS - Restock, referring to the act of Neopet shops filling their stores, or the method users use for their own shops.
- RSing - Restocking, referring to Neopet shops fulling their stores, or a method users use for their own shops.
- SAP - Seasonal Attack Pea, a powerful weapon in the Battledome, and a variation of the typical Super Attack Pea with a Santa hat.
- SC - Scratchcard
- SDB - Safety Deposit Box
- SHH - Something Has Happened, a type of Random Event.
- SOS - Sword of Skardsen
- SS - Scorchstone, referring to a collection of weapons used in the Battledome.
- STP - Second to post on a Neoboard.
- Str - Strength, a statistic that determines how effective each icon of attack is for a Neopet in the Battledome.
- SuAP - Super Attack Pea
- TCG - Trading Card Game, in reference to the Neopets TCG.
- TDF - The Darkest Faerie, referring to the game or the character.
- TNT - The Neopets Team. This initialism, shared by the explosive Trinitrotoluene, inspired the TNT Avatar, which is used only by staff members. May also refer to The Neopian Times.
- TOW - The Tale of Woe plot, or sometimes its associated NeoBoard.
- TP - Trading Post, or Transmogrification Potion.
- Trans - Transmogrification Potion
- TYS - Test Your Strength, a game in the Haunted Woods.
- UB - Unbuyable, referring to an item which can't be bought through stores and only through the Trading Post due to its high price.
- WC - Werelupe Claw, a powerful weapon of the Battledome, or World Challenge.
- WoE - Wheel of Excitement
- WoK - Wheel of Knowledge
- WoM - Wheel of Monotony, Wheel of Misfortune, or Wheel of Mediocrity
- XHTML - Extensible Hypertext Markup Language, the stricter, cleaner form of HTML.
- ZDAP - Zafara Double Agent Plushie, used to obtain an avatar
- Selected Fansites: SunnyNeo - Abbreviations