|Special Day:||June 28|
|Amount Created:||10,138,485 (9th - 3.62%)|
|How to Draw · Rainbow Pool|
The Acara, originally introduced as the Tigren, is a species of Neopet that loves to live by the sea. As an amphibious Neopet capable of breathing underwater, Acaras are just as happy on land as they are in the ocean. Acaras are fantastic swimmers and posses a thick coat of fur that helps keep them warm in the depths of the sea. They also have two horn-like protrusions on their heads that allow them to hear underwater. As a general rule, Acaras are very playful and love to explore. They especially enjoy diving for hidden treasure and playing Gormball on the beach.
Acaras are inquisitive and curious creatures, and take a great joy in coming upon secrets and hidden things, and quite a few have distinguished themselves as very talented treasure-seekers. Some condemn Acaras for being nosey and asking a few too many questions, though they only have a genuine desire to learn.
Originally released as a limited edition Neopet, they have since become common Neopet at an uncertain time.
As of January 2010, the Acara can come in 49 different colours:
The Acara was originally called the Tigren. The Tigren was designed by Perdiddle and chosen as the winner for the April Create-A-Pet Contest and was introduced on April 28, 2000. The name was changed on July 19 for reasons unknown, along with the Polypup's change to the Gelert. NeoNews of the time touted the change as "evolution", just like PokÃ©mon do.
The write up that came with the Tigren stated: Tigrens are excellent swimmers that are just as comfortable on land as at sea. An air of mystery surrounds where these creatures came from but it looks as if they are here to stay.
- As of September 2010, Acaras rank 9th out of 54 neopets with over 9.6 million in existence.
- In the Neopets TCG, Acaras are associated with the element of Water.
- Famous Acaras: Elon "The Black Hole" Hughlis, Fauna, Ginny, Masila, Mipsy, Princess Fernypoo, Professor Chesterpot, Roberta, Senator Barca, Tulah Kisner, Vira, Ylana Skyfire
- Games: Cheat!, NeoQuest II, Scratchcard Kiosk
- Pronunciation: Acara - ack-are-rah , Acaras - ack-are-rahs
- Neopedia: The Acara Twins Birthday Surprise, Princess Fernypoo, Senator Barca
- Gallery of Evil: Vira, Masila
- NeoDeck: Samuel No Eyes, Princess Fernypoo, Professor Chesterpot, Senator Barca
- Neopets TCG: Vira, Acara Acrobat, Acara Treasure Seeker, Red Acara, Yellow Acara, Blue Acara, Ylana Skyfire, Island Acara Plushie, Shell Acara Totem, Green Acara, Masila, The Gatherer, Roberta of Brightvale, Fauna, Acara Treasure Seeker (2nd Print), Yellow Acara (2nd Print), Acara Hiker, Acara Nurse, Orange Acara, White Acara
- Caption Competition: #34, #52, #56, #59, #61, #93, #110, #130, #147, #158, #171, #194, #206, #295, #301, #331, #376, #394, #405, #413, #414, #425, #432, #439, #454, #458, #461, #489, #490, #511, #524, #530, #538, #549, #552, #566, #576, #579, #580, #581, #611, #626, #630, #637, #644, #661, #665, #679, #715, #735, #743, #762, #793, #805
- NeoGreeting: You Are Invited, Get Well Soon, Tired Of Fighting, Fish Out Of Water, Happy Kwanzaa, Goodbye, Happy New Year, You Rock!, Bonfire Day, Pick a Flower