|This page is under construction|
Overview secton to implement, and discussion on how to properly edit the plot summary sections and fill them out
The Spyder is a Petpet released on September 27, 2000, which resembles a real life spider. They are sometimes viewed as creepy, and users are warned to make sure their Neopet isn't afraid to care for it.
Although believed to be from the Haunted Woods because of their spooky appearance, they are sold at The Neopian Petpet Shop and have been on Neopets for a very long time. Coupled with the fact it's given as a prize for the Fruit Machine, Spyders are an affordable Petpet on the website, costing as low as 2,000 Neopoints as of August 2006. They have been featured on Neopets in many forms, including flash games (Web of Vernax and Korbats Lab), the plot Battle for Meridell and as a common enemy in Neopets: The Darkest Faerie.
In the Neopedia article, it's said Spyders march across the land every spring, migrating from the east over everything that is in their path. No one knows why the Spyders make their yearly march or how they get back east for the following year's spring, as no one's willing to follow them. Professor Daina Chani is the only Neopian who is close to uncovering the mysteries of the Spyders after studying them all her life, and has come to conclusions most Neopian professors dismiss as "fantastic" and "too absurd for words." What these conclusions are is still not known, but Professor Daina Chani continues to follow the Spyders as close as she can.
As of January 2013, the Spyder can come in 25 different colours:
- As of August 2006, the Spyder is featured in 37 different items (2 stamps, 1 each in the Haunted Woods and NeoQuest II sections of the Stamp Album), and comes in 15 different colours.
- The Spyder was featured in the Petpet Protection League on Week 115.
- The Spyder can be combined with a Poppit at the Cooking Pot to create a Spoppy.
- How To Draw tutorial added on January 19, 2007.
- The Spyder's name is most likely a misspelling of the word spider, or a mix of the words spy and spider.
- After the commentary of the Disco Ixi and Red Grarrl before matches began, if the game was delayed long enough a Spyder would swing down from the ceiling and twirl around before going back up.
- Famous Spyders: Giant Spyders, Kolvars
- Games: Defender Trainer, Korbats Lab, Mootix Drop, NeoQuest I, NeoQuest II, Stamp Collector, Web of Vernax
- Petpet Puddle: Spyder
- Neopedia: The Spyders are Coming!, The Web of Vernax
- NeoDeck: Korbats Lab Card
- Neopets TCG: Spyder, Spyder Bites, Robot Spyder, Spyder Juice Elixir, Ghost Spyder, Squeezy Spyder
- Caption Competition: #140, #203, #387, #442, #563, #582, #605, #607, #673, #686, #729, #794
- Editorial: 61, 84, 94, 137, 144, 214
- How To Draw: The Spyder
- Petpet Spotlight: #149, #182, #204, #240