The Pant Devil is an evil creature (or one of a species of evil creatures, see 'Trivia' below) who appears in a Random Event to steal items from Neopets users' inventories. Rather than fight its victims, the Pant Devil prefers to leave them weakened and let others finish them off as it runs off with all the possessions. Spotted all over Neopia, he also appears as a "prize" for the Wheel of Excitement and Wheel of Misfortune, stealing a random item from a users inventory.
There is one Random Event involving the Pant Devil:
Defenders of Neopia Series 1
- Main article: Defenders of Neopia
While Ginny was out on her new bike, the Pant Devil snuck up on her and stole it from her, quickly taking it away. He was soon afterwards caught and defeated by someone from the Defenders of Neopia, and Ginny's bike was returned.
- Main article: NeoQuest II
There are two separate, extremely powerful Pant Devil bosses in NeoQuest II. Each of them are seemingly a bodyguard for King Terask, as each guards part of the key to King Terask. They are found in Faerieland, part 5 of the game. Both Pant Devils have 2,000 hp and are high magic users with Self Hasting, Enemy Group Damage, Enemy Individual Damage, and Enemy Slowing. Each is in a separate tower of the Faerie Palace. They provide the final droppable weapons in the game, with the strongest average skill bonuses for each.
|Release Date:||August 16, 2001|
|Difficulty:||21 / 42 / 63|
|HP:||22 / 44 / 66|
|Unlocked by:||Having the Pant Devil steal an item from your inventory.|
|Halitosis||Attack: 2× on use, 2× the following round|
|Shade||Defence: Blocks a small number of three random icon types|
|Cranky||Attack: Increases damage dealt by 5% this round|
- As of December 2010, the Pant Devil is featured in 20 different items.
- It's uncertain if there is one single Pant Devil or several of them, as the Pant Devil's Gallery of Evil entry says "They have been spotted all over Neopia", and two of them are fought in NeoQuest II.
- There is an Avatar called I Taunt The Pant Devil which shows the Pant Devil crying as he's taunted by users. Users can receive the avatar by viewing their inventory while carrying items whose cumulative estimated value exceeds 5 million Neopoints (while not in the Trading Post). Refreshing may be required, and the event appears at the bottom of the page.
- The Whoot is said to have an uncanny ability to know when the Pant Devil is around.
- It is possible that the image depicting the Pant Devil on his NeoDeck card is a joke on his name, because it shows him stealing a pair of pants, hence "Pant" Devil.
- The Pant Devil could possibly be related to the Ice Devil, another character who steals people's items in a Random Event.
- Gallery of Evil: Pant Devil
- NeoDeck: The Pant Devil
- Neopets TCG: Put on Display, Pant Devil Attacks, Safety Deposit Box, Pant Devil Sandwich
- Caption Competition: #480, #589, #657, #659, #803
- Help File: A Pant Devil stole my items!
- Editorial: 19, 34, 46, 61, 85, 98, 115, 116, 122, 213, 250
- In-Depth NeoQuest Boss Page
- Defenders of Neopia Comic: Page 1, Page 2, Page 3
Defenders of Neopia Mission 1:
The Miner Foreman · Zombom · Sand Grundo · Ramtor · Leximp · Kolvars · Scuzzy · Siliclast · Gebarn II · Revenant · Coltzan's ghost · Anubits · Meuka · Spider Grundo · The Four Faeries · Hubrid Nox · The Esophagor · Fallen Angel · Devilpuss · The Faerie Thief · Pant Devil · King Terask