A NeoHome is a house which a user can build, customise and furnish to their liking. The ability to build NeoHomes was released on the 8th March 2001. They can be built all over Neopia with many different materials, with prices to match. In 2007, NeoHome 2.0, a new type of Neohome is added to Neopets, where the home is free, and there's no need to build rooms and add extensions.
Users can build their NeoHome in certain areas of Neopia.
Users can select which type of material they would like a room built with.
Players have the option of adding extensions to their NeoHome. As of November 2006, adding extensions to a NeoHome does nothing to its appearance, but the added features are displayed under the NeoHome link on a user's User Lookup. All extensions start at level 0, and new extensions are available with the more rooms add.
|Level||Type||Cost per room|
|1||Dirt and Weeds||20|
|5||A nice Rug||100|
|0||No Security System||0|
|3||A Warm Fireplace||50|
|6||Neo Heating System||450|
|1||Nasty Ripped Paper||10|
|2||Cheap Blue Wallpaper||20|
|3||Green Pattern Wallpaper||30|
|5||Nice Patterned Wallpaper||50|
|4||Complete Chia Cover||120|
Neogardens are gardens users can build to complement their NeoHomes, a feature created on 3 May 2002. Users fill up their garden with items bought from the Gardening Centre or other participating stores.
Only Neohome 2.0 Neohomes can be entered in the spotlight
- Neogarden Day took place on May 24, 2006, releasing new garden related items (4 Gnomes, 3 weapons for the Battledome, 4 Maraquan garden items, and 4 vegetable gardens).
- A Shenkuu themed room (called Tatami) users could create in their NeoHome was released on September 21, 2006.
- In 2007, a new type of NeoHome was added for Neopets, where the home is free and users don't need to build rooms.
- NeoHome FAQ
- Neopets TCG: Meridell Gardens, Darigan Gardens, Royal Faerie Gardens
- Caption Competition: #59, #728
- Help File: How do I build a home for my Neopets, How do I see my Neopets in my NeoHome?, How do I put furniture in my Neohome?, How do I take furniture out of my Neohome?, My furniture isn't saving its position, what is wrong?, I have messed up my furniture, how do I get it back to how it was before?, How do I move furniture in my Neohome?, How do I get security systems and heating for my Neohome?, Can I move my neohome to a different address?, On an extension option at the neohomes,it usually states either remove or update, if you remove, will it remove a level or the whole thing?, Is it possible, after construction of a room to add extra entrances?, Why don't I have the option for all the extensions?, I demolished a room, where's my furniture?, Can I demolish my Neohome?, How do I name my rooms?
- Editorial: 4, 7, 19, 26, 27, 28, 30, 31, 34, 35, 36, 37, 42, 43, 45, 46, 48, 54, 55, 56, 57, 72, 73, 74, 76, 81, 96, 100, 103, 105, 106, 135, 138, 139, 142, 145, 146, 148, 149, 159, 168, 170, 172, 173, 174, 188, 194, 196, 198, 202, 205, 218, 221, 222, 240, 244, 248, 252, 258, 259
- Selected Fansite: Neohomes and Gardens Guide