Meteor Crash Site 725-XZ
Meteor Crash Site 725-XZ is a location of a meteor impact on Kreludor. The impact occurred on 21st June 2007, although New Features archives it as the 22nd as part of the Meteors of Kreludor themed day.
Users can try every hour to get an item from the meteor. Once they receive something, they cannot visit the meteor again that day - they will instead be ushered away by a Purple Grundo scientist, or discover that the rock is too hot to approach. Refreshing the page when the meteor has re-appeared, if the action to poke it has not been selected, will result in the user missing their opportunity to try for an item for another hour. Other outcomes for the meteor were apparently designed but never implemented
When visiting the meteor, it either cracks and gives an item or disappears - but there are images for several other outcomes on the image server. The meteor was apparently originally intended to be able to cause minor burns, emit hot gases, spew lava, release an alien disease, or contain a tentacled alien.
- The activity page incorrectly refers to the rock as a meteor, which in fact refers to the rock as it enters the atmosphere. The rock at the crash site is properly called a meteorite.
- The meteor crash coincided with the release of several meteor-themed Fun Images, a screensaver, some Colouring Pages, and four Booktastic Books.
- The event was hinted at as early as the 1st May, where the Daily Puzzle question "What natural disaster took place that allowed us to discover Tyrannia?" had a possible answer "A meteor hit Kreludor".
- The link to the meteor is not located on the Kreludor map, and can only be accessed via the URL.
- Location: Meteor Crash Site 725-XZ
Advent Calendar | Anchor Management | Apple Bobbing | Coltzan's Shrine | Daily Puzzle | Deserted Tomb | Faerie Caverns