|Release Date||October 11, 2002|
The Meowclops is capable of seeing everything, including that which is hidden (such as the Hidden Tower). However, it cannot tell how far away it is and probably doesn't know what to do with what it sees. Its name is a portmanteau of meow - onomatopoeia for the sound cats make - and cyclops - a one-eyed being, originally a one-eyed giant.
The Meowclops was introduced and retired on October 11, 2002, when it changed from a Cyclopian into its present day form. Due to this and the fact owning a Meowclops rewards a user with an avatar, The price of the Petpet has as of January 2009 risen to over 7 million Neopoints, making the Trading Post the only place a user can buy one.
The Meowclops is currently available in 20 different colours:
Petpet Protection League
The Meowclops has been selected for the Petpet Protection League award twice:
Before the Meowclops was known as a "Meowclops", it was known as the Spooky Petpet Cyclopian. Released on (need date), it resembled a cyclops in both name and appearance. It was one of the less popular Petpets in Neopets' early years, which is why it was among the Petpets redesigned on October 11, 2002. Like the others, it was immediately retired after the change.
It is not impossible to still own a Cyclopian. Any Petpet who was attached to a Neopet at the time of the change will stay the same. It will revert to the new version if it is removed, which means only a few users still have a Cyclopian.
- Users can gain an avatar by attaching the Meowclops to their Neopet and visiting the Quick Reference page. The avatar was released on August 18th, 2003.
- The Dark Nova Rug is said to be perfect to hide Meowclops hairs, while the Fake Golden Scratchy Post is said to be loved by Meowclops.
- The Meowclops can be combined with a Slorg in the Cooking Pot to form a Slorgclops.
- During The Tale of Woe, Sophie's Meowclops was used as a guinea pig while developing the potion to reverse the effects of Mr. Krawley's potion on Neovia. During the course of these experiments, the Meowclops lost almost all its hair, developed an additional Bearog head, transformed into a Meowclops imitation of Dr. Frank Sloth, and turned into a piece of cubist art.
- Pronunciation: Meowclops - me-ow-clops
- NeoDeck: Sophie the Swamp Witch
- Neopets TCG: Meowclops, Spotted Meowclops, Blue Meowclops, Spotted Meowclops (2nd Print), Golden Scratching Post, Followers of Meow, Green Meowclops
- Petpet Adventures: The Wand of Wishing
- Caption Competition: #323, #375, #409, #435, #481, #482, #486, #590, #605, #657, #713, #802
- How To Draw: The Meowclops
- Petpet Spotlight: #37, #49, #70, #230
- PetPages: Meowclops Mania