|Release Date||August 30, 2001|
Despite their cute appearance, they have developed a reputation for being members of a large, malevolent circle with various postulated aims - including world domination and miscellaneous association with Dr. Sloth. This is spurred on by their consistent, unblinking stare that is often seen as unnerving.
This perceived threat is likely intended to comically make up for their otherwise not scary appearance - on the face of it, a wide eyed, short-armed pink body is not typical of malevolent monsters.
A similar design to the Meepit was featured as the Pygmies in NeoQuest. In the game, Pygmies are a tribe of ferocious creatures that took over a research centre in Ancient Neopia, which eventually became known as the Jungle Ruins. Their portrayal as vicious creatures here may be the source of Neopias perceived fears.
Meepits can be combined with 2 different items at at the Cooking Pot: with the Fishing Kiko Gnome a Fishing Meepit Statue is created, and with Roburg 3T3 a Romeep 3t3. Meepits are featured in the games Meepit Juice Break and Meepit vs. Feepit.
The Tale of Woe
- Main article: The Tale of Woe
Ghost Meepits were central to the task of locating Ilere's home deep in the Haunted Woods. Users had to navigate their way through a maze of trees collecting all seven Meepits by feeding them Ghost Meepit Juice. After locating Ilere's front door, the Meepits had to be arranged on the spots of light until all seven started to dance. This would open the door and conclude the plot step.
The Meepit is currently available in 32 different colours:
Petpet Protection League
The Meepit has been selected for the Petpet Protection League award twice:
- A real life Mini Meepit Plushie can be bought.
- On April 26, 2007, the regular news was replaced with an image of the Giant Meepit of Peace (Not Doom), with the words "YOU ARE NOT PREPARED" under it. However, in other languages, the message differed from this - for example, in German and Dutch, it was "It knows what will happen soon...Do you know?". This event was the introduction to the change to Neopets 2.0.
- The Neopedia article was added on August 23, 2007.
- Neopedia: Meepits
- NeoDeck: Brack, Cactus Farmer, Kreai, Gors the Mighty
- Neopets TCG: Maintenance Tunnels, Meepit, Juppie Juice, Meepit (2nd Print), Ghost Meepit, Dance of the Meepits
- Caption Competition: #304, #393, #430, #506, #523, #515, #528, #541, #553, #559, #567, #570, #574, #582, #587, #589, #603, #648, #659, #661, #672, #702, #716, #728, #735, #746, #750, #765, #773, #796, #800, #824, #858, #865
- How To Draw: The Meepit
- Petpet Spotlight: #25, #163, #225