The dubloon is the official currency of Krawk Island, first introduced on 23 August, 2001. Most notably, they are used to pay for training sessions at the Swashbuckling Academy - in this respect, they are comparable to Codestones - but are also the sole method of payment accepted in the Krawk Island Petpet shop Little Nippers, The Golden Dubloon restaurant, and Smuggler's Cove. Most Krawk Island games, however, deal in Neopoints.
Dubloons, unlike Neopoints, are actual items, in that they appear within the inventory of the owner, and can be traded and stolen in the same way as items, but cannot be stolen in the way Neopoints can.
There are ten denominations of dubloons that can be used as currency (ie are legal tender), and nine that cannot.
Not Legal Tender
Originally, dubloons were given out when a user reached certain scores in Krawk Island games. Now, however, they can only be received by random events Coltzan's Shrine or Anchor Management. They can also be bought and sold in user-owned shops for Neopoints like other items.
If one has several coins that total the value of a coin of larger denomination: two twenty dubloons and a ten dubloon, for example, one can use the Dubloon-O-Matic to convert the smaller change into higher denominations, in this case, a fifty dubloon piece.
- In addition to the Limited Edition Platnum Plated Y9 Commermorative Dubloon, the Daily Dare challenge gave the toy Dubloon Bank for beating Abigail.
- There also exists another dubloon-related toy, Chest of Toy Dubloons.
- The four chocolate dubloons featuring different Pirate Neopets were all released at the same time at the end of June 2007.
- Neopian Locations: Coltzan's Shrine, Dubloon-O-Matic
- Games: Dubloon Disaster
- Neopian Currency: Codestone, Lutari Feather, Neocash, Neopoint, Nerkmid