Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy. Beer with me while I tweak everything
It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 3:05 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:17 pm 
PPT God
PPT God
Offline

Posts: 1300
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:49 am
Location: Where the sunbeams end and the starlight begins...
Simple. Are there any movies you just couldn't finish watching, and just turned off halfway? Obviously time-restraints don't count. But anything else is good. Too emotional, too frightening, too whatever.
I only ever had one movie I didn't finish, and haven't finished up to this day.

Salo

Just... disgusting. I am not watching a movie to
watch people being fed feces
Stay well away.

_________________
Image

ImageImageImageImageImage


Top
 
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:23 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly
User avatar
Offline

Posts: 9793
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:32 pm
Location: Georgia
Gladiator. I didn't even get halfway in -- it was only ~20 minutes in, and it was so boring and cliched (not to mention disgusting, and we were eating dinner at the time), and my dad said it didn't get any better, so we turned it off. We never even made it to Rome...

I may or may not have started "Saving Private Ryan" and/or "The Thin Red Line," but I never had any intention of finishing those. After 9/11, my tolerance for violent/gory movies fell significantly.

_________________
Image
Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!


Top
 
   
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:36 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Offline

Posts: 4363
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:40 am
Location: Down Under
Bill and Ted - always fall asleep
Same with Minority report.


Top
 
   
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:04 am 
PPT God
PPT God
Offline

Posts: 2418
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:23 pm
Website: http://yennafrost.livejournal.com
Yahoo Messenger: darkdemeter
Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
Something's Gotta Give.
I got to the part where Jack Nicholson was cutting off Diane Keaton's sweater with a pair of sewing scissors, and I was like...No. That's the only movie I've ever walked out of.

_________________
Image
"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."


Top
 
   
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:10 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee
Offline

Posts: 624
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 1:46 pm
Location: Here..where does it look like?
Pride and Prejudice
oh. my. gosh. sooo long. I was even promised that i'd enjoy it....i almost feel asleep. It was the suuuper long older version..i cant think of who it was in it.

Because I Said So.
We turned that one off after the first 5 minutes.


and i'm sure there's a few others i just cant think of.

_________________
Image
Awesome set by Tomatie


Top
 
   
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Offline

Posts: 8027
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 5:00 am
Location: Thornhill, Ontario
Dreamgirls - After 10 minutes I closed it.

Meet the Spartans - It was horrible, I closed it after a half an hour. I think the shocking part of it all is that I watched it for a HALF AN HOUR!

_________________
Image
Set by Medli


Top
 
   
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:07 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly
Offline

Posts: 4489
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 6:53 pm
Website: http://www.myspace.com/x_twinkletoes_x
Location: Dancing in the moonlight.
Night Watch. Oh good grief it was depressing. And Russian.

_________________
Image
It's coming...


Top
 
   
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:49 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Offline

Posts: 4587
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 6:33 am
Location: Being PWNED
Domino - The most terrible movie ever.

_________________
Image
Evisceration is a sign of respect.


Top
 
   
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:49 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Offline

Posts: 8027
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 5:00 am
Location: Thornhill, Ontario
ahoteinrun wrote:
Domino - The most terrible movie ever.
Oh, is it that movie that was created on the basis of "Kiera Knightly has short hair which implies her being a serious actress in a serious movie"?

_________________
Image
Set by Medli


Top
 
   
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:41 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby
User avatar
Offline

Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:36 am
Location: Michigan
I saw a movie so bad, I didn't even bother to remember the name.

Something about the neighbor of this couple is a killer... it looked like it was shot with a home video camera.


Top
 
   
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:10 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly
Offline

Posts: 4874
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:20 pm
Location: Vancouver!
I have never walked out on a movie out of dislike, but I would have on this one were it not for politeness. (It was at another person's party thing).

I saw Strange Wilderness. It was so terrible. So terrible...


Top
 
   
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:42 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Offline

Posts: 4587
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 6:33 am
Location: Being PWNED
Ammer wrote:
ahoteinrun wrote:
Domino - The most terrible movie ever.
Oh, is it that movie that was created on the basis of "Kiera Knightly has short hair which implies her being a serious actress in a serious movie"?
Yup.

I lasted about 5 minutes before the obscene violence (and I can handle some pretty stupid violence) and idiocy of the movie made me flick it off. Normally I can listen to trash movies as background noise but not this time.

_________________
Image
Evisceration is a sign of respect.


Top
 
   
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:43 am 
Moderator
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 2898
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:21 am
Location: Hakazura Temple
_mash_ wrote:
I saw a movie so bad, I didn't even bother to remember the name.

Something about the neighbor of this couple is a killer... it looked like it was shot with a home video camera.
Disturbia?

_________________
Image

IDB Rater, Pink Inker


Top
 
   
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:40 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student
Offline

Posts: 400
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 12:58 pm
Location: Over there....
I think it was called The Brothers Grimm. I only went to the cinema to see Harry Potter, but it was full, so I had to see The Brothers Grimm instead.
Just awful. I walked out after 10 minutes.

_________________
|Nifty set by Silja|
Image


Top
 
   
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:23 pm 
PPT God
PPT God
Offline

Posts: 2013
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:14 pm
Website: http://www.youtube.com/user/euphoniumgirl71
Yahoo Messenger: starwarsgeek71
Location: Maryland, but why do you ask *shifty eyes*
Beowolf. Loved the book, but I sat in the movie with my friend Taylor and we commenting on how badly done it was with the whole Jessica Alba think (or whoever it was playing Grendel's mom.) We didn't walk out, but we were close, and the theatre was empty too.

_________________
Image
Set by Byakuya'<3


Top
 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 Next

All times are UTC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited