Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Cyodrake's Gaze Discussion (Split 9)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:19 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

All discussion regarding this next possible "plot" stays in here.
(Please don't make new topics, and leave the splitting to mods, thanks!)

Last thread: http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28901

*Please read through a decent number of previous posts before posting new questions or theories.

Last Spotted Location of the ship: Mystery Island

This petpage has a summary of what's happened so far:
http://petpages.neopets.com/~Aardax

You can read the comic here:
http://www.neopets.com/cg_comic.phtml

For the constantly-disappearing game of Kou-Jong:
http://www.neopets.com/games/launch_gam ... ame_id=707

You can now guess what happened here:
http://www.neopets.com/cg_guess.phtml

Will YOU be the one to solve it??

--------------

The final chapter is up and you can get to Shenkuu here:

http://www.neopets.com/shenkuu/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:26 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

You know i was just sitting here thinking about how BORING all of this was not to mention stupidly confusing.... And I am also thinking how MINI this was..... I want my aldor prizes *sniff*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:27 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

So are we supposed to read the comics and find out info and then use it to for that guess thing? Because I don't know what to do.

The C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E song song! Starring Squidward, Patrick and Spongebob.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:34 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I think I am the only one who has enjoyed the Cyodrake's Gaze "plot". In fact, I think they should make a regular feature out of it. They could hold a monthly mystery of some sort, and have trophies for the first 500 correct guesses.

Spongeybob Squareypants wrote:
So are we supposed to read the comics and find out info and then use it to for that guess thing? Because I don't know what to do.

Yes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:38 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

A'ight I finally took a few hours to spend on this super-LC and I came up with the following. Bonju is similar to the Dutch word bonje meaning trouble. All I see is trouble w/this guy;

* He lied 2 times;
* He looks suspicious on the pictures;
* He hates his job and he tried to poison crew members (to murder them or to distract) as Anjuna said perhaps to take over the ship;
* The hat answer is a hint I have no proof for that except a joke which is a deeper one that it seems plus he's jealous (motive lacked thus far);

I don't get why one would eat a lot whereas you don't like the food though. Perhaps they suspected he poisoned the food. People eat strange qualities and quantities anyway. I expect more from animals, but who knows especially when they're hungry.

So I'd bust him immediately and hand him over to the pirate cops for interrogation. May God have mercy on his soul. Final verdict: murder, food poisoning the latter of which is forgiven. 10 years prison camp on Krawk Island under the law of the Pirates...

Meanwhile I'd play more DD/WC to find 'em. Perhaps I find his body instead of a dubloon some day. Need to do something while waiting for Altador prizes.

PS: To the people who vote on the least suspicious person perhaps the least suspicious person is meant to look the least suspicious so you vote for him because you think he's the least suspicious therefore he must have done it! Such theory is easily reversed. Don't go into that, is like a contra-contra-contra-contra-contra spy theory :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:42 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Quote:
Quote:
The list is:

Foremast (the forward-most mast)
Helm (the ship's wheel)
Aftdeck (the poop deck)
Cargo crates (probably below decks)
Starboard railing (no portholes)
Port railing (no portholes)

The helm (the wheel itself) is *on* the aft deck. Nothing else indicates abaft-ness....

[edit] aft-ness -> abaft-ness to be technical :p

Yea, aft means a rear place, but not necessarily rear-most; but the list doesn't have poop. Yet the helm is in the back, where the poop is, so it's not clear which one you should pick (in my thinking). I think I would pick helm, myself, since aft can mean near the rear, yet the helm is very much at the rear.

Er, wasn't going for abaftness though... I only chose aftdeck because I eliminated everything else. Also, as I said before, I think it's pretty much impossible to fall from the helm since that's not anywhere near the sides of the ship(the question they ask is "Where on the ship did he fall?").

(Just to avoid making anyone flip back and forth, this is the post I had in the other thread)

I wrote:
Here's what I have so far; hopefully, others can add to it.

There are two (and a half) problems with Anshu's story that I can tell so far:
  • Anshu is supposed to fix a leak right as the storm begins, but Linae says she helped Anshu fix the leak "near the end of the storm". This pretty much narrows the liars down to Anshu and Linae.
  • Near 5:00, Bonju notices that Hoban had "calmed down a little" and asks Hoban what the problem is, and he finds out - Linae was calling him bad luck. However, Anshu says Bonju has "no idea" (which is possible if Bonju approached Hoban after Anshu asked Bonju) but then Hoban was "having yet another argument", which doesn't fit at all with seeming calmer.
Assuming we can trust at least one of Bonju or Anshu, he wasn't pushed exactly at 5:00 because two both people say they saw Hoban perfectly well at that time. The only time remaining is 6:00. Another hint that Hoban (probably) was fine until around 6:00: who would have plotted the points on the map to try to navigate out of the storm?

The following was scraped from various Internet sources and Wikipedia, so I'm not sure of some of this:

A close look at the ship shows you that the portholes are in the front and back, near the helm, foremast, and aftdeck, and that there are no portholes below the port or starboard railings.

It doesn't even look like the cargo crates are above deck from the pictures. If they mean the scattered boxes around the deck, that's way too vague, and I doubt there even *were* cargo crates left on deck after all that tossing around in the storm.

There isn't really much of a foremast from the pictures - it doesn't really extend past the boundaries of the ship, so it's impossible to be pushed from the foremast overboard.

The same problem occurs with the helm - that's the wheel, and it's kinda far from the sides of the ship (see chapter 1, page 2), so it's also rather hard to be pushed from there into the water.

I think I'm going with "aftdeck", probably the real-world "poop deck", the platform on which the wheel is situated (as far as I can tell).

6:00, hopefully, corresponds to the I22 X on the grid. *fingers crossed*

There are a few questions that I haven't answered, though:
  • What happened to Bonju's original knife?
  • Why did Linae's tile disappear?
  • What set Honan off anyway, before dinner? Linae?
If there's any problems in my logic, or improvements, feel free to correct me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:59 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Not that I care anymore, and glad to be done with it, but how could you eliminate port side? When Orrin is the only real eyewitness and the portholes are on the port side (excepting what I hope is an artist's glitch)?

There is only 1 starboard view with no portholes and 2 of the 3 port side pictures feature port holes. How do you explain/interpret that? Check chapters 1 and 2 or view the few pages of the last thread and my theory.

Just curious ...

EDIT: Overall I based my answers on facts such as the captain's call time etc., and reasoning there can't be two answers to a multiple choice question, regardless of my own opinion of the separate accounts of each person's story. Vagueness can be explained. Blatant lies are just that.

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:12 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

the left side is port, the right side is starboard, thus he must have fell from one of them, either left or right, but I don't think it must have been the railing though, or is it port == port railing ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:23 am 

apranum wrote:
the left side is port, the right side is starboard, thus he must have fell from one of them, either left or right, but I don't think it must have been the railing though, or is it port == port railing ?

Port side railing is the railing that runs through the middle of the ship (on both sides) that's on the port, or left, side.

Image Rest in Peace my beautiful Sheep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:44 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Did anyone else notice that Anshu is missing from the picture for the unreleased "Eye of the Storm" game? I think that's a pretty big clue, though not one we're supposed to have seen.

IDB Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:39 am 
PPT God
PPT God

GIR wrote:
Did anyone else notice that Anshu is missing from the picture for the unreleased "Eye of the Storm" game? I think that's a pretty big clue, though not one we're supposed to have seen.

Honestly... I kind of based my Anshu guess on that. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:53 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Officer 1BDI wrote:
GIR wrote:

Honestly... I kind of based my Anshu guess on that. :oops:

So did I. I don't think it would be one of the characters in the picture because they're all happy looking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:34 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I've been obsessively going over and over these comics and I'm pretty sure I want to guess Bonju - he lied the most and was also the last to see/talk to Hoban, among other things that have been thouroughly discussed. Although, I am curious to see that "Eye of the Storm" thing. Can anyone provide a link?

I also believe he fell off aftdeck, since that was his last known location. It is most logical to pick aftdeck because if you really want to guess, he could have walked anywhere on the boat - that leaves too many choices. Aftdeck is the lonly location mentioned at the end of the story and two people saw him there - Anshu and Bonju.

I read somehwere in a previous post that Hoban has a "last view" of the ship from when he is in the water, presumably he was pushed from portside. But Hoban could have been pushed from aftdeck and still ended up on either side of the ship, especially in a storm. He could have floated anywhere.

6:00, because several people saw him @ 5:00, that's the most logical choice.

I picked 6:00, so therefore, I22, since it corresponds.

As for the hat thing, I wonder if this is a trick question?? It's so random!

Are you thinking what I'm thinking, Pinky?
It's time to take over the WORLD!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:42 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

GIR wrote:

So is Kentari ;)

Attack of Le angry Frenchman D}:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:36 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

um... don't really get the coordinates thing.

That's the only part i'm confuzed about - what do you mean I22 coorisponds wiht 6:00

ImageImage
I LIKE MONKEYS!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next