Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy. Bear with me while I tweak everything
It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2026 2:32 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:20 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student
Offline

Posts: 256
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:14 pm
Location: set by webkitty (current by me)
Its been confirmed since the begining of today that hurricane Wilma is the largest and the most powerfull of all the hurricanes, supposedly the end of all the hurricanes, but now the hurricane namers are (from what i heard on the radio.. a news radio thingie...) they are going to move onto greek letters/words and that stuff....
heres one link.. already twelve s and not even landfall : http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9710472/
and here is (hopefully) the one just about wilma..: http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9750319/

_________________
Image


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:38 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Offline

Posts: 3386
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:59 pm
Location: Lookin' through a glass onion
Golly. I'm glad I don't live along the coast. Somehow I doubt this season will be unique.

_________________
Image
Yes, I'm still alive...still alive...


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:41 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly
User avatar
Offline

Posts: 6691
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:55 am
That is really scary. If I lived in the gulf, I think I'd, like, leave and go somewhere else in the states to live. Prayers for those in the path.. I hope people don't stay behind AGAIN!

_________________
Image


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:10 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Offline

Posts: 8027
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 5:00 am
Location: Thornhill, Ontario
Kitten Medli wrote:
Prayers for those in the path.. I hope people don't stay behind AGAIN!
You do realise not everyone has the required means to leave a city. Some people can't afford to leave their house.

And I do hope everyone in the path of Hurricane Wilma are safe, that's horrible.

_________________
Image
Set by Medli


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:48 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly
User avatar
Offline

Posts: 6691
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:55 am
Ammer wrote:
Kitten Medli wrote:
Prayers for those in the path.. I hope people don't stay behind AGAIN!
You do realise not everyone has the required means to leave a city. Some people can't afford to leave their house.
I didn't think of that... Well, I hope those who can get out do.

_________________
Image


Last edited by Kitten Medli on Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:50 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly
Offline

Posts: 4874
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:20 pm
Location: Vancouver!
.__.

Makes me glad I live in Canada.

So how many does that make? 4?


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:13 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Offline

Posts: 3805
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:03 am
Location: Waterloo, Canada
WIS wrote:
.__.

Makes me glad I live in Canada.

So how many does that make? 4?
That's three category 5s, and a total of 12 hurricanes this year. If including both hurricanes and tropical storms, that's 21, which is a tie for the record number of storms in hurricane season set in...something like 1933. O_o

Not to mention a whole slew of other records I didn't even know existed.

_________________
Image Image


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:27 am 
PPT God
PPT God
Offline

Posts: 1851
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:58 pm
Website: http://www.theamazingjourney.net
Yahoo Messenger: minaliz82
Location: In Ohio. Catch me if you can :P
Looking at wunderground.com it looks like she's been downgraded to a 4? I can't really tell...

Image


Edit: Oooooh cool! The image updates on it's own. Good way to see the path and strength of the hurricane from here.

_________________
Image

<STOWA|Sleep> my sister questioned the title. "Half Blooded Prince? Does that mean he's a Moogle"


Last edited by meowth1982 on Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:03 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Offline

Posts: 3805
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 4:03 am
Location: Waterloo, Canada
Well, looking at those wind speeds, it's right in between 4 and 5. Even as a 4 it's still setting records, but thank goodness it's dying a little, at least.

Unfortunately they say it might strengthen up again. :\

_________________
Image Image


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:35 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly
Offline

Posts: 8715
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:10 pm
Website: http://abelha-rainha.deviantart.com
Location: Cleveland, Georgia
Wilma is the strongest Atlantic based hurricane, stronger than the Galveston storm back in the 1900s (before they were named) Camille, and Katrina.

Guess what...there's a Tropical Depression 16 forming now. If it does become a T.S., it'll be the first time in history (I believe) that there have been this many storms. Hello Tropical Storm Alpha...

_________________
Image


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:58 pm 
PPT God
PPT God
Offline

Posts: 2207
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:42 am
Website: http://www.livejournal.com/users/robert2100/
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
:( This is actually horrible, I feel so bad for people who live in the hurricane part of the States. Good luck to all the PPTers who live, and everyone one else too :hug:

Just as a side note, there are about 21 letters that they name Hurricanes after, when they are through those, they go to the Greek Alphabet (hasn't happened before, or only a few times, can't remember), after that they just use numbers.

_________________
Image


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:34 pm 
PPT God
PPT God
Offline

Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:34 pm
Website: http://www.neopets.com/browseshop.phtml?owner=xfzunx
Location: FLA, represent.
Right now it's a category 3 heading for about Lake Okechobee which is West Palm Beach county if any of you guys like me live in FL (I live in Broward, which is the one south of WPB)

I'm not really worried about the hurricane (although I did see some disturbing images on the news of one of the cities in my county which is starting to go underwater, and that's just from the feeder bands o_o)

I'm just more mad that it's going to hit Monday. My county only allows us 3 hurricane days a year and Monday is going to be the fourth and now I'll have to make up all 4 days assuming that we only get Monday off (even though I have a feeling it'll be Monday and Tuesday. I doubt they'll get power restored by Tuesday).

edit: And by the way, they found Tropical Depression 25 out in the Atlantic. It's SW of Hispaniola, and if it upgrades it'll be Tropical Storm Alpha. First time we ever go into the Greek alphabet.

If you're worried about it and wanna keep up with it check out the National Hurricane Center's website

_________________
Image


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:43 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly
Offline

Posts: 4855
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:58 pm
Location: In my room listening to Hardcore Metal Christian music.
meowth1982 wrote:
Looking at wunderground.com it looks like she's been downgraded to a 4? I can't really tell...

Image


Edit: Oooooh cool! The image updates on it's own. Good way to see the path and strength of the hurricane from here.
:P That's me. Right there in the yellow bit on the coast. ._.


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:43 pm 
PPT God
PPT God
Offline

Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:34 pm
Website: http://www.neopets.com/browseshop.phtml?owner=xfzunx
Location: FLA, represent.
It was made official in the 5pm advisory today from the NHC - Tropical Storm Alpha

_________________
Image


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:52 am 
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar
Offline

Posts: 7245
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 3:56 am
ICQ: 69920079
Website: https://pinkpt.com/
Yahoo Messenger: khuynh777@yahoo.com
Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
You know, I heard that Katrina was going to go out, and then break into two seperate ones and come back through Washington and New York. Thank god that didn't happen.

_________________
Image


Top
 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

All times are UTC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited