Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy. Bear with me while I tweak everything
It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2026 3:37 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:16 am 
PPT God
PPT God
Offline

Posts: 1862
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 6:33 am
Website: http://pattypus.deviantart.com/
Location: Vancouver.:Platypus set by Ken- many thanks!:.
Ok, so I got this email, from support@neopets.com. That's the real address. :D

The only werid thing is... is that I'm 12.

I don't have parental permission, so..... what do I do!? o_0

_________________
Image


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:18 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly
Offline

Posts: 3041
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:27 am
Location: at the late night science fiction picture show
report it - that's a total scam. If you can, include a c&p of the email you were sent with all the header information - that's the technical stuff that can say where something's come from, though not always.

I don't know how to do it, but apparently it's pretty easy to spoof an email addy. I get fake emails from ebay and paypal all the time.

Oh, and of course, do not email back to whoever sent that to you.

_________________
Image Image


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:19 am 
PPT God
PPT God
Offline

Posts: 1862
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 6:33 am
Website: http://pattypus.deviantart.com/
Location: Vancouver.:Platypus set by Ken- many thanks!:.
Ok. Thank you! :D

_________________
Image


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:21 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee
Offline

Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:35 am
ICQ: 51537940
Website: http://www.krumpit.org
Location: Australia
Oh... I don't want to seem overly doubtful or suspicious, but does the content of the email seem legit? It's quite easy to fake the "from" address for emails, unfortunately (I've done it myself). You can usually tell faked emails from looking at the email headers, though. One of them would have to be a neopets email server address, I imagine.

But, if it is legit, congratulations! That must be really exciting :) Hopefully your parents wouldn't be too disapproving, would they? You could talk up how responsible you'll have to be.

Edit: Ahh, beaten to the post by everconfused... sorry :oops:

_________________
Image
Nyum nyum nyum...


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:29 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
Offline

Posts: 3727
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:12 am
Location: Lurking
I'd ignore it. If TNT want to contact your Neopets account, they'll neomail you from theneopetsteam on Neopets.com

If you didn't apply to be a monitor, it's definately fake XP

_________________
Image


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:38 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly
Offline

Posts: 3041
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:27 am
Location: at the late night science fiction picture show
One last thing - it's no real mystery how whoever sent this to you got your email ... you have it in your profile. There are people with apparently nothing better to do with their time than troll forums and gather email addys/im's, things like that.

So, you might want to consider removing your contact information. If you really want someone to have your email or anything else, you can do that through PM - no trolling programs that way either!

_________________
Image Image


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:24 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly
Offline

Posts: 4593
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:55 pm
Location: Oregon Outback
I am sorry that you were targeted. :(

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:32 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly
Offline

Posts: 5410
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:20 pm
Yahoo Messenger: azureshadow89
I remember this type of thing going on once before.

But though I have some of my information up, I never was sent an e-mail like that. o_O

_________________
Image
glorious set by neko.


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:03 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee
Offline

Posts: 511
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:55 pm
Location: Deep in the Forest
It's obviously a scam or practical joke. Monitors are never selected from the general Neopian population. You have to be of legal age, live in the greater Los Angeles area, and apply for the job. It's a paid position...

_________________
Looking to buy Snowbunny Stamp and Sticky Snowflake Stamp. If you're selling, please PM me!


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:34 am 
PPT God
PPT God
Offline

Posts: 1124
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:12 pm
ICQ: 3401749
Yahoo Messenger: heartshapedbox017
Location: Seoul, South Korea
Definitely a scam. I worked for them in Email Support for a while and they are a hardcore business. You would've had to apply for the job, get a phonecall (not an email), and go through a series of interviews. And like SierraRaven said, you need to be in the Los Angeles area (with the exception of foreign monitors)...

_________________
Image
Awesome Set by Neko


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:41 am 
PPT God
PPT God
Offline

Posts: 1372
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:21 pm
Yahoo Messenger: 8D
Location: 10th Cloud
w00t !

You actually got the same E-Mail as me 3mths ago. I too posted a topic and many told me it was a scam. Therefore, i deletled it...

It should be a scam as everyone else said. Neopets are very particular about these stuff and would not just send a plain E-Mail so simply. :D

_________________
My Signature Was Too Bad =(


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:45 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee
Offline

Posts: 557
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:50 pm
Location: Cardiff, Wales, UK
Yeah, I got it. I found it rather amusing, considering it was using the e-mail address I use for PPT, and not the one I use for Neopets.


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:13 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee
Offline

Posts: 651
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:18 am
That's odd. I don't think they wouldn't send you an e-mail to be a monitor if you were under 13. It sounds like a scam to me.

No parental permission, huh? That must stink. On my old account, I didn't have any, either, but I made a new one and I lied about my age and said I was 16 or something like that. :P I'm 12, too.

_________________
Image
<3


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:51 pm 
Newbie
Newbie
Offline

Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:44 pm
Location: Computer
I think I remember getting an email like that. I just deleted it... I too, am only twelve.

_________________
Yankee: "German Shepherd Dog."

Shouthern: "Poooleece Dawg!"


Top
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:23 pm 
PPT God
PPT God
Offline

Posts: 1114
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:15 pm
Location: USA
I got the same exact email today. I just deleted it though.

_________________
Image
Set by WIS


Top
 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

All times are UTC


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited