Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:48 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Charity Corner - Living with Less
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:53 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

It seems that once again, JS has closed the AC prize shops without putting up anything in the news.

I was going to buy my items today for the CC. I had over 35,000 points.

I am hoping they will re-open it due to the lack of warning.

Without those extra items, I might not make my target this year.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 1:38 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Siniri wrote:
That's how I felt when they closed the AC prize shop with no warning one year.
I was hit with that I think the same year. I'm missing a stamp because of it, and it's now virtually impossible to get as it's on an avatar-awarding page.

Your comment about that, however, made me remember to go redeem my AC points late last night. I didn't go for the 33k+ and 8.8k+ I could've in individual items, because my hands would've hurt too bad (with the clunky multi-click redemption process and scrolling down for the Staff shop) and I don't have that much time, but at least I cleared out my points before they abruptly closed it again.

Here's hoping they reopen the shops, so that anyone that hasn't spent their points still can! Unfortunately, with how they've been acting lately, I'd be surprised if they did. We're likely to get another "you've had a year, you knew it was coming, so why didn't you do anything about it, it's your fault not ours" like they did the other time it happened. I mean, if they cut down 100k+ prize shop points through the points conversion, why wouldn't they just wipe out all the points for the AC shop?

I've been tempted to write a long email to support about how they've handled things lately, and how they're antagonizing their most dedicated users, but I don't have the time to mess with it. I've got enough to stress me out IRL right now, and I definitely don't need to waste any extra emotional energy on this.

P.S. Sorry that this post is so bitter.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 2:06 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Ugh. There was a separate prize shop for the staff tournament. I missed it. ARRGGGHHH! Why was it not frigging obvious? I clicked the link with the warning about it closing (it was in the news, so there was no "abrupt" this time - JS did learn...), but totally forgot about the staff tourney. I did really well in the staff tourney, too. Ugh. Of course it closed literally last night. Ugh. Now I'm mad.

It was below the other prizes? Because that wasn't obvious. I could have sworn I scrolled all the way to the bottom...

It happened to me not once, but twice - and then add in the year TNT froze me, and that's three years. 3.5 if you count this year, but that was kind of my own stupidity, so... Probably not fair to.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 2:29 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Siniri wrote:
It was below the other prizes? Because that wasn't obvious. I could have sworn I scrolled all the way to the bottom...
The Staff prize shop was on the staff tourney page...below all the rounds you guessed in, the round special winners, etc. It was realllly far down. Every time you bought something, it reset to the top of the page and you had to scroll down again. It was a mess.

I must've missed the notice in the news, or I would've posted a reminder. The news did mention that the next AC was coming, but it had a link to Altador, I thought? I don't have the time to go looking for a notice, but I thought I would've seen it?

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 6:30 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Pickles wrote:
I must've missed the notice in the news, or I would've posted a reminder. The news did mention that the next AC was coming, but it had a link to Altador, I thought? I don't have the time to go looking for a notice, but I thought I would've seen it?

Hmm, yeah, I can't remember seeing any mention of the AC/Staff Tournament shops closing. There was no official word on when the AC would start, just a vague mention of CC, DD and AC all coming and overlapping.

EDIT: I just went back through the news: 2nd May With Altador Cup vastly approaching, ..... (nothing about the shops closing, and only a link to Altador with a blurb about visiting the sights).

Quote:
hi, so there's been a lot of discussion about the upcoming charity corner event, but we're also approaching the traditional start date of daily dare, with the altador cup shortly after that. should we expect a change to the usual schedule for either of those events? some of us are curious about when all these events will happen in the coming weeks - or if charity corner isn't approaching as quickly as it seems. it'd be great if we could get a general idea of the schedule for upcoming events. thanks!~~ neon3002
Charity Corner can be expected in the next few weeks, followed shortly by Daily Dare and immediately after by the Altador Cup. There will be periods of overlap between the events.

We are suppose to be getting Daily Dare next, so why the rush on closing the shops? I have a feeling it is on an automatic timer, as it makes no sense otherwise.

TNT need to give at least 1 weeks notice in the NEWS and the BOARDS so there is absolutely no confusion on this issue.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:08 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Oh. My friends reminded us on another site, so I just assumed it was in the news. Okay, then I'm officially blaming JS for this. 3.5 years of no prizes. Ugh.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 12:23 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

AC prize shops re-opened. Time to grab items for the CC!! :)

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:10 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Putting on my Mod hat for a minute... The AC discussion is way off topic for CC. Unless there is strong objection, I plan to move the 5 of 6 posts above to the AC thread. I will probably include a link to it though since it is semi-sort of related to the CC.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:10 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Blue wrote:
Putting on my Mod hat for a minute... The AC discussion is way off topic for CC. Unless there is strong objection, I plan to move the 5 of 6 posts above to the AC thread. I will probably include a link to it though since it is semi-sort of related to the CC.

:lol: Probably a good idea. Sorry! :)

Back on topic. I've done pretty much all I can aside from dailies and picking up sticky snowballs from the healing springs. I'm still pretty bitter about how last year's turned out.

Side note: You can both buy a sticky snowball AND visit the healing springs, which occasionally gives out items instead of healing. Y'all probably all knew this already, but just in case...

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:13 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Last day of CC! Finishes at midnight.

I reached my goals late last night. Phew!! All done. :)

My first goal was 20,000 for various perks and then 20,000 (10 turns) for gambling on Perk Me Up.

I used around 1,800 points from the AC Staff tournament. That was so tedious.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:29 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Not anymore... The FAQ has been updated.
Quote:
The Living with Less program will start on the 6th of May at 10:00:00 NST and end on 27th of May at 23:59:59 NST.

I'm at 24k but have basically depleted my SDB of anything but 1-point items. I might do some of those (jellies, omelettes, the things I've got hundreds of...) but I'm swamped this week, so I'm not sure. I do want to get at least a few tries at Perk Me Up, I think (assuming it's any good).

I have a friend who's got enough points to try it 150 times, and he's going to share his data, so I'll hold off on actually using that perk until he does, though...

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 2:20 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
I have earned myself a total of 3,862 points so far. This is well above the avvie requirement, so I am happy.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 2:29 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Drats!! I so wanted this to be over. I just know I will add to my points now. LOL.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:53 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm not going to believe it's been extended until an official announcement is made.

I also really REALLY wish they'd at least readdress the conversion mess, and I kinda feel like the lack of editorial last Friday was a cop-out of doing so.

Also, if you get the site theme perk on Perk Me Up, but you HAVE all the site themes, does it automatically default to the extra item or are you SOL?

ETA: Sigh. They confirmed in the news that it's been extended. Just...ugh.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 3:28 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Finished my SDB clean-up. I think I've now donated everything I want to get rid of (except what I gather over the next few days). I'm at 28,368 points.

Looking back at my summary from page 2, I'll definitely be using the following perks:
2x Spiked! @ 1000 points each = 2,000 points (+20 stats for battle pet, worth ~700k NP)
Cheaper by the Dozen = 10,000 points (buy stocks at 10 NP for 1 year, worth 1.325M NP)
Bank Bribery = 8,000 points (extra 3% interest for 1 year, worth ~700k NP)
Total = 20,000 points (worth 2,725,000 NP net)

I'll wait until my friend analyzes the probabilities on Perk Me Up. If they're decent, I currently have 4 tries at that perk (8,000 points), which would leave me with 368 points, enough to use Right Round Round 4-6 times (assuming I can scrape together at least another 32 points). I think it'll be a challenge to get another 1632 to get another try at Perk Me Up, but I plan to do all the dailies each day regardless. I'll make sure to stop donating at a multiple of 100 (well, 82 in the current count) so that I don't have any carryover points.

If Perk Me Up ends up being a terrible perk not worth using, I guess I'll be spinning the wheels a lot over the next year!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next