Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Neopets Gloats and Cries [Split 3]
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:58 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Neither a gloat or a cry, but a small rant (maybe a small cry).

I am trying for the multiplayer trophies in Armada, Geos and Kacheekers. Finally get my opponents to play and I won 2 games.
I am playing Kacheekers now and my opponent's play was to set me up to jump so she could jump back. I was strategically not doing that. After she kept doing it, I wondered why. Then I get an angry nmail by my opponent basically telling me I am cheating by not jumping her token. I told her I didn't have to unless it was the only move I could make. She then asks what would happen if she didn't want to play anymore (I told her the rules) .
So now she is moving only once a day, and the game wont finish in time. Sigh! Cry! All I want to do is get the gold in each game.

*As a side note to this. I read up on the 'official' tournament rules of checkers. Apparently you do have to jump if that move is presented. But I was never taught that and more importantly, that is not how kacheekers is played. Otherwise, TNT would have coded it that way.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:36 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Daze, good luck getting those trophies. I tried for months and months to get golds (including times where I did actually win all 4), but most of the time, they glitched. IIRC, either I'd not get the second week tourny, I'd get it for the 4th, or even if I did manage to play or "I win!" all 4 rounds, it still wouldn't award the right trophies. It's been years since it worked right. I finally gave up and settled for two silvers and a bronze.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:28 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Gloat: Won 5k at Buried Treasure here: http://www.neopets.com/pirates/buriedtr ... ml?216,165

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:48 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Daze, that's really frustrating. The good news is that as Pickles said, prizes seem to have little correlation with winning, so just keep entering each month. I think it's important to win the first round, but eventually you'll get opponents who don't ever play and you can win by default. And maybe you'll get that elusive gold - or at least a silver. It can be fun when you actually meet an opponent and play out the game in real time, which happened to me a time or two.

Blue, thanks for leaving a little treasure behind!

You Won 500 Neopoints!

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:16 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Gloat: Got into the CC.

I made it into the next round of the multiplayer tournaments, but it is so broken.
I doubt I will ever get gold. I have silver in kacheekers and armada but for some reason my geos games never get to a second round even though I win within the week, so I am still holding out for that trophy.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:45 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Congrats, Daze! I voted for you. I still haven't figured out the new judge's sense of humor (and/or the timing for the best chance of even being seen). Actually, reading through the current submissions: 1) the judge *really* liked the lenny ray gun of freezing joke (selecting 5 permutations of it) 2) the judge *really* likes pop culture reference jokes, and apparently you no longer have to even adapt them to Neopets. It also no longer matters whether the reference is to something kid-unfriendly. You also don't have to avoid trademarked names (Disney, Arya Stark, etc.). I suspect the current judge is younger than the past judge (this one is probably a true millennial, not a Gen-Xer or Xennial like the last one).

You won't know if you make it to round 2 of Geos until the 29th... Maybe you'll finally get an opponent. I think I won a silver not getting any challengers beyond round 2, so there's always hope.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:44 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Gloat: Found 2,099 in bank error in my favor... and...

Random Event wrote:
While out for a stroll, MyPet looks down and finds 49,026 NP on the ground. Today looks like a lucky day!

Wow. Good day to buy a Powerball ticket :P

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:42 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I needed a Zed codestone for training and didn't have one in my SDB. Before cancelling the training (and having to wait 24 hours to train again), I decided to do my daily battles against the walein. In my next-to-last drop, I got the zed! Woohoo!

Edit: Beat the BTY game today (person #351). JN's guide helped to understand scoring, though I found it easier to shoot towards the middle so I was less likely to have a miss (vs. shooting at the sides, which I saved for the last few). I focused less on the score than just staying alive. I made it to swarm 9 and got over 3k, so I think it's really doable without worrying too much about accuracy.

Edit: Congratulations! YourPet now has increased Endurance!!!

*** SUPER BONUS - You went up 4 points!! ***

I guess that makes up for the 3 REs that took away HP over the last few months...

Edit: That last edit was in February... someone else really needs to gloat or cry at some point!
I just won 10,000 NP at the Faerie Caverns. Woot!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:29 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Cry: A ghost takes 571 NP from you and puts it on the money tree! Boo.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:05 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Gloat: Made it in to this rounds Caption Competition.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:51 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Gloat: Won 10k at the Forgotten Shore today (7/21/18)

ETA:
Gloat: Won 10k at the Forgotten Shore today (9/1/18)

ETA2
Gloat: Won 5k and a Spyder at the Fruit Machine today (9/14/18)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:08 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Cry: I got a gray faerie quest, gambled, and got bumped to level 300, even though I wasn't quite ready to train there. I've set an alarm for 3am the last 4 nights. The first two raised my level 5 and 1, and the last two nights, I've fallen back asleep before I was able to click on the button. (I know I woke up both nights, and last night I made an extra effort, but I fell back asleep with the mouse in my hand.)

Edit: Illusen emerges from the woods and approaches you. "I had some spare Neopoints lying around so I thought you may like to have them." She leaves you with 10,000 NP!

Edit 2: Gloat: I managed to lose 2 levels at Deadly Dice tonight. Cry: I forgot to change my active pet, so my battle pet is still 6 too high.

Edit 3: I have since gained another level and skipped a night or two.

Just went apple bobbing, and it said "Oh no, not your binary_supagoo bobblehead!" Which totally confused me, because that was a staff tournament prize and shouldn't have been in my inventory. I checked my SDB, and it was still there, so I have no idea what I actually dropped, if anything - unless that's being given out in dailies somehow (Grave Danger, maybe?). So maybe a cry? It's worth 100k... I quickstock everything into my SDB fairly often; last time was last night before bed.

Edit: Learned that people got invisible prizes (due to a glitch) which still fill up your inventory, so it's actually a good thing for them to be stolen/destroyed. To check if you have these, empty your inventory via quickstock. If the screen refreshes and says "The items in your inventory are not available for stocking :(" you might want to do some of the item-destroying dailies (apple bobbing works, but I'm not sure about the wheels - I think it said I had no items when I got Pant Devil, despite still clearly having invisible items), if you want a full, 50-space inventory again. (This matters mostly to people like restockers/traders, especially since some got dozens of glitched prizes and only have a few spaces left before their inventory seems full.)

Edit: Finally got a stat change at the Coincidence! I'd be more excited if it hadn't been a reduction in strength. :( (Also gave up on reducing level and have started training with a FQ cookie.)

Edit: Gloat: Got +10 on a stat from the Wheel of Extravagance. Cry: It was movement.

Edit: Finally got a positive stat change from the Coincidence! +3 Defense, something actually useful!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:18 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Cry
Random Event wrote:
Some members of the Pocket Change Redistribution Committee approach you and appropriate the 1,905 NP that you had in your pockets!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:33 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

While out for a stroll, Trevant looks down and finds 9,537 NP on the ground. Today looks like a lucky day!

Woot woot!

Edit: Super easy BTY this week.
Quote:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your score of 21,628 beats the score of 20,467 by Meuka in the BETTER THAN YOU competition! You have won 3,000 NP, a cool trophy and a great item! Well done!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:16 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Gloat: Fruit Machine win:

Quote:
Congratulations!
You have won 20,000 NP!
You also win:
Smelly Dung Muffin
White Paint Brush

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next