Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:24 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Charity Corner 2018
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:18 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

http://www.neopets.com/charitycorner/2018/

FAQs are available

For how long will the Make a Difference drive be available?
The Make a Difference Drive will start on the 12th of March at 10:00:00 NST and will go on for 11 days, ending on the 23rd of March at 10:00:00 NST.

Does the rarity of the items I donate affect the points I earn?
Yes, the higher the rarity of an item you donate, the higher the points you earn for it.

I have donated but haven’t got any prizes in return. When can I expect them?

Every donation will earn you points. Since Granny believes that charity should be for the sake of helping those in need and not a means to earn prizes, you can redeem the points you earn for something else instead. Something special that she has arranged for you by pulling some strings and getting in touch with some very influential people. At the end of the event, go over to the prize shop to redeem your points for these boons. Psst, don’t go telling you heard it from us!

~~~~~~

You can donate any type of item, of any rarity that is not NC or Retired (r180).
Donations do not need to be be 5 items from the same category, or within a rarity range of each other.
You do not need to donate 5 items at the same time, you can donate a single item.

You will be awarded points per item depending on that item's rarity.
You will be awarded these point independently of the rarity of any other item you donate at the same time.

The point ranges are:

r1-r79: 1 point
r80-89: 2 points
r90-97: 6 points
r98-r100: 8 points
r101: 1 point
r102-r175: 4 points
r200: 15 points

At the end of the event, go over to the prize shop to redeem your points for boons. Now this could be interesting! Does this actually mean we will get boons (like the Obelisk Boons), or do they actually mean prizes?
Going by the actual Q&A it may well be boons.

The Ever-Stocked General Store has been closed for this years Charity Corner.

Tip: Sticky Snowball (r100) is 25 nps from Healing Springs every 30 minutes, and is worth 8 CC points.

Post subject: Re: Charity Corner 2018
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:54 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I have over 41k items in my SDB, without buying anything. I think I have over 1500 of one type of cards, and 750 of another, so those two alone will account for over 2k points. Eesh.

I wish the donation process wasn't so tedious...

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:42 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I have over 1000 icy snowballs, so that's over 6k points just from that... if I have time to donate them all. Hopefully the first "day" goes until midnight tonight (if there's any sort of prize for donating every day... but then again, I don't know how much I'll be able to do over the weekends when I'm travelling and camping...).

What would an R200 item be? Also, I was able to donate the coffers that require a NC item to open. What other items similar to this might I have in my SDB that I'll never ever use?

(And grrrr regarding them suddenly accepting items over R99. I specifically bought icy snowballs instead of sticky snowballs because they were R90-99 instead of 100, but now the sticky snowballs are worth more. And I haven't been collecting omelettes for the same reason, even though some of those are worth 4 points apiece - not as good as an R95 item, but good enough I would have taken the two seconds to collect them.)

Edit: A quick guide to finding the R90-99 items: search each page of your sdb for the word "rare." If it has very/ultra/whatever before it, take it out (unless it's an awesome weapon or rare book or stamp, of course... if you have a lot of it, don't check, but if you only have one, run a SW check on it first). Once you've donated all your R90-99 items, check for sticky snowballs and other R100 items (JN's list by ascending value is here - it looks like the only cheapish stuff is gourmet food and nerkmids). For R102-175, look for the omelettes that have weird colored descriptions for their rarities. Note: According to a JN search, R200 items are HT items, so they're not worth donating (the cheapest is valued at 39k). If you've exhausted your R90+, I guess it's time to go through your NC stuff (how does that component of the event work?) or your R80-89 stuff; I can't remember what label they would have, but they would definitely have something (rare, and maybe uncommon?) - I'm not likely to get there, so I'm not too bothered to look it up.

Note: we know the faerie quest event is coming up soon. Do NOT donate any FQ items (items up to R69 for the basic faeries - smoothies, Neopia Central petpets, grooming, books, collectable cards, magic, toys, clothing). The special faeries can ask for: R76-89 for battle, R80-95 for space/Fyora, and R94-96 for fountain faerie - obviously there are a lot of items in each of these ranges, so the chance of you having any one particular item asked for depends on the breadth of your sdb. Keep in mind that everything will inflate, though, especially the R90-96 items. It might be worth hanging onto at least some of your items in this range to sell during the faerie event (or probably better during this one, when demand is at its highest) just in case you get one of these quests and want to spend the NP on it - you'll at least have a chance of having earned them by selling an item of comparable worth.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:13 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Donating is seriously addicting (and mind-numbing, which I guess I needed?).

I've gone through my SDB and cleared out a chunk of stuff (it's down to only 29k items, from 41k, so I guess I've donated around 12k items now? I didn't actually look at the exact number before I started.), but I still have some of the items that I get from battledome drops to do (novas, weak bottle faeries, scrolls, and possibly neocola tokens)...but they're in the multiple hundreds each, and I've probably got at least another 3,000+ items to donate from them alone. I'm up to over 24k points, and I have yet to buy anything. I probably won't bother. I will hardly have much free time next week, so...yeah.

I *might* go back through and clear out some of the extra junk, like wearbles I'll never use, etc...but that might be more trouble than it's worth at this point.

ETA: A note on donating. Keep the number of items you have in your inventory under about 300 at a time, and the page won't lag quite as much. Also, definitely click outside the pop-up box, to avoid a full refresh and be able to donate faster.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:47 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Thanks, P, for the trick about clicking outside of the box. I have about 800 icy snowballs left to donate over the next two days! I'd better get a move on!

Will it end at 10am in the morning or evening on the 23rd? Those twelve hours make a big difference!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:19 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

They updated the time to end at 12:00:00 NST, which either they missed, or they mean midnight.
Quote:
You have total 43700 points . How generous!

At any rate, I am done done done. I went through and cleared out a lot of extra junk today. I kept cards and toys (that weren't of the rare+ variety), and a few things I liked, but if it was a regular item (not retired/plot/events, etc), it went. Bleh. My SDB is down to about 20k items (almost 10.5k of which are a single retired item). This means I donated more than 21k items. Yeeesh.

I hope TNT is happy with my contribution to clearing out their databases!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:11 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Blargh. Didn't have time for very much. Don't care. Might regret. Site is very glitchy and laggy. Need to be up in five hours to get to my race (driving in the morning because time zone change, whee! and I did take a nap).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:34 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Thank you so much for all your donations! The Make a Difference Drive has definitely been a success! Now did you really believe that I wouldn't give you anything for your deeds? Oh no, I have been in touch with some very good friends and acquaintances, and they will be putting together some delightful offers for you to choose from, based on how many points you have earned. It will take a few days for all the details to come together, but I have something else for you in the meantime. Trophies, a gift or two - keep an eye on your Neomail so you don't miss out!

~~~~~~

Your participation in the Charity Corner event this season did not go unnoticed.
Granny Hopbobbin was so impressed by your generosity that she has sent you a
gold trophy for your user lookup, as well as 10,000 Neopoints, 250 NC and three exclusive items! Doesn't it feel good to give back?

Abandoned Fairground

Practical Construction Handbook

Battered Old Couch

Also the old avatar that was given out has been replaced with the 2018 version:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:02 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
I did not do much this year, but still did ok...

TNT wrote:
Your participation in the Charity Corner event this season did not go unnoticed. Granny Hopbobbin was so impressed by your generosity that she has sent you a bronze trophy for your user lookup, as well as 2,000 Neopoints, 150 NC and an exclusive item! Doesn't it feel good to give back?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:13 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Also got gold. Looking forward to the FQFC's going on sale again, so I can buy a few.

I hope the boons are worth something. Clearing my SDB out took way more time that I'd like to admit.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:50 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Regarding the Avatar, JN's info has two criteria:

JN wrote:
By donating at least 100 times during Charity Corner, you will receive a shiny new avatar:

Charity Corner 2018

Score at least 100 points in the 2018 Charity Corner event.

It is the former - donating 100 times. I had over 100 points, but did not earn the avatar.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:45 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Neopets News 27th March wrote:
Granny was so overwhelmed with the amount of support and donations you all showed in this wondrous time of giving this special Charity Corner! She truly was humbled by all your amazing efforts that she even shed a little tear when speaking on how proud she was of everyone. It just shows the true spirit of this community! Granny has been so overjoyed that she hasn't actually come out to tell us when the shop will be ready. She has just been working so hard to make all the preparations so we are guessing she's adding a few extra surprises for all the donations, so stay tuned and we will notify you as soon as we hear from Granny!

Seeing as my life has been pretty crazy this week, I'm totally okay with a delay.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:53 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Perks are available. It is a long list.

http://www.neopets.com/charitycorner/2018/perks/

It seems that the perks can only be obtained once. I don't know how people with 100k or more points will be able to use them all.

Quite a few of the first ones I think are overpriced and really not well thought out. For example, Burp! - feed pet for 1 week (use 3 times), 1000 points.
If you donated all 1 point items, it would have cost at the least 1000 nps to get those points.
If you choose the cheapest Neolodge, it is only 140 nps for 28 days.

There are a few I have my eye on, especially the avatar, site theme and training perks.
Random Acts perk is looking good.

FAQs are up for avatar and site theme perks.

Wow! Colour me unimpressed. All of the avatars are obtainable with minimal effort. The only upside, you can get the other Korbat - Royal avatar (the one where you could either have boy or girl, not both).

NEWS: Also because of the overwhelming amount of donations this year, Granny has decided to throw in an extra surprise for you! As a thank you, User Shop's caps has been raised from 99,999NP to 999,999NP! Mwahahah, so great it almost sounds evil, so go crazy you have earned it!

~~~

* I used the site theme perk. I ended up with 2 new themes not one. Others have said the same.

I got The Faerie's Ruin and Festival of Neggs.

* I used the Avatar Perk. New Avatar Korbat - Royal added successfully.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:04 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Not a big fan of the site theme and avatar perks - I really hope not *every* single possible avvie or theme is available.

Also kind of bummed I only got 4911 points. I really wish I'd donated another 30 or so times to make it an even 5k, but I didn't have time. Oh, well. Guess I can't get the bank or stock boons. Maybe I'll do some rapid training if needed for the plot.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:55 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I double checked my list of Site Themes, and I had 35 or so, the list that you can get is ~20. I had to really review my list carefully to find that I was missing exactly one from the available list - Curse of Maraqua. I now have this one :)

The avatar list has many I do not have, but was randomly given 'Baby Nimmo'. Meh.

The two above consume 51 of my 132 total points. Based on the list, I now have 81 points that I cannot use.

I too almost wish I had donated more, but am not going to worry all that much about it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next