Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Faerie Festival Plot (a.k.a. Wraith Resurgence Plot)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:08 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Day 3 is live.

It is now confirmed that each 'game day' is 12pm - 12pm NST.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:15 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Just completed day 3. The assassins are little buggers!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:02 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Doh, I normally keep better track of things in plots, but I didn't note which potions I'd donated to which patients.

I notice we can hover over the already recovered patients to see, but there are still three healing.

For those who need to know, take comfort that this is in the source code. :D

On The Infirmary page, view page source and Ctrl+F to find the word "petinfobox" (or I used the word "recover" until I found it) and scroll down until you see the divs with names you might recognize (fyorarecovering; malumrecovering; skeithrecovering). It will show you your Total Contribution underneath those image tags.

EDIT: I should have prefaced that this is for the One of (Every) Kind achievement. :oops: Personally I still need to make V, IX, and X. But can't really do that until my pet is finished pillow fighting with Malum lol

EDIT 2: Regarding Fiendish Formations, after "Day 4" it looks like there might be a different game coming? What do you guys think?

EDIT 3: Ugh. Always with the details. So I got past Fiendish Formations levels 1-3 until noon (NST which is ... California time tomorrow (great, more math, thanks)? When "Day" 4 starts? But I notice on the plaques on my main game page, there are checkmarks under only "day" 1 and "day" 3 but not "day" 2 (but was awarded the achievements for all). I don't know why JS would insist on having us adjust to "noon to noon" vs "midnight to midnight" but I feel it's a bit unfair. But my mama always taught me that life (and plots) is/are not fair.... :P

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:12 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Pickles wrote:
Just completed day 3. The assassins are little buggers!

Same here :) The assassin threw me off the first time around. It took the first round to figure it out. After that, I started round 3 over from the start. The trick appears to simply finish the level in less than 7 seconds. I would imagine that future rounds will either have more assassins or a shorter clock.

anjuna wrote:
EDIT 2: Regarding Fiendish Formations, after "Day 4" it looks like there might be a different game coming? What do you guys think?

I think days 4-8 will be more of the same. There are four more locked areas just like 1-4 on page 2 of the game. Look for two circles at the bottom of the window. Clicking on the right circle takes you to the next page.

anjuna wrote:
EDIT 3: Ugh. Always with the details. So I got past Fiendish Formations levels 1-3 until noon (NST which is ... California time tomorrow (great, more math, thanks)? When "Day" 4 starts? But I notice on the plaques on my main game page, there are checkmarks under only "day" 1 and "day" 3 but not "day" 2 (but was awarded the achievements for all). I don't know why JS would insist on having us adjust to "noon to noon" vs "midnight to midnight" but I feel it's a bit unfair. But my mama always taught me that life (and plots) is/are not fair.... :P

Yeah. I live in Neopia... er in NST. The noon-to-noon thing is different, but not unfair as long as we all understand how it works. Then again, did this means that "day 1" was only 12 hours?

anjuna wrote:
Doh, I normally keep better track of things in plots, but I didn't note which potions I'd donated to which patients.

You can also hover your mouse over the infirmary sign on the right side (currently above the Skeith, to which his bandaged leg is attached).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:28 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

So far I've completed all 3 days with gold checkmarks. Day 8 will start after I've already started my trip, so that one will be quite tricky for me. I tried playing Day 2 on my phone, and I beat it first try, but it's really tiny and hard to distinguish the icons. My new laptop arrived, but I'm still not sure I want to bring it with me on the road trip - it would end up spending a lot of time in either a hot car (80 degrees outside) or not very safe outside the car... neither is a great option. I guess I'll try playing days 6 and 7 on my phone and see how frustrating it is. As we get more icons, it'll get trickier.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:14 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Oh thanks for that, Blue. But my mouseover in Chrome is still very hard to read. At least the happenstance source code method helped me. Also didn't notice any "dot dot dot TBC" buttons on the game, but I'll be sure to keep a lookout. I almost wish they would change the game actually. Four levels of this will be quite enough for me.

Still wondering why no checkmark on "Day" 2 for me. And the main reason I say the new hours are unfair is more because ... well, frankly their main audience isn't who has time all day to revolve around their schedule; but more of a practical complaint of natural human circadian rhythm.

EDIT: Have a nice and safe trip, Siniri! :hug:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:23 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Round 4 is up, and is trickier. Ignore the black arrows - they are decoys, so don't need to be duplicated.

Tough call there, Siniri, as Day 8 will probably be the trickiest. I wouldn't personally leave a laptop in the car in this weather, though. It's been pretty warm.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:44 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Ugh. Eight days of this game? I still say I'd rather map out a thousand tombs. Sigh.

I do kind of "hate" it because it is just outside of my challenge zone. I have life to live, 4 jobs to manage, not enough time in the day to do anything. If it were TNT, I'd probably just not shower for a month to get through it (no joke lol). But I'm at the point even I'm tired of this plot. I hardly care if I make it through this last part. EDIT: And you know some dynamic is different if I'd rather gruel through the Battledome/potions when all I wanted from the beginning was more mind puzzles!

I'd rate this plot on a scale of 1-10 about a 6 at best. Adam and Donna had something on hold on reddit, but I haven't checked in recently to see if they are embarking on something new. I miss VPN Wars, but I don't miss Island Paradise (and I warned them that would probably flop). I wish they would take back what was once rightfully theirs! Have a nice TNT (with Borovan tea) revival? Sigh. I guess this is it now, but it feels lacking to me. :\

Ok sorry to make a new post, but I really wonder.

You guys are so smart on everything Neopian? I couldn't even find the answer on jellyneo.

Feel free to just tell me when I am being 'stupid' or ignorant of Neopian ways, but what is with the checkmarks?

Does it mean I didn't complete stage/day 2 before (maths) Colorado time 11am/pm?

Cause if something funky is amiss, I'm going to save my energy for the final stretch. :cry:

BlueEdit: Combined double post. Please remember that you can always edit your last post, and it will reset that post as "new"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:57 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
anjuna wrote:
Feel free to just tell me when I am being 'stupid' or ignorant of Neopian ways, but what is with the checkmarks?

Does it mean I didn't complete stage/day 2 before (maths) Colorado time 11am/pm?

I have not seen any checkmarks on this plot, but I am guessing that you are seeing a checkmark where a green present would normally be? If so, then I would say that it is because you missed the date/time cutoff for the 2nd day challenge. Note that 12pm (noon) NST would be 1pm in Colorado.

ETA: Regarding Level 4 - Thanks for the tip on the black arrow item. That helped. What did not help is that the Assassin's timer is now only 5 seconds. That 2 seconds less from Level 3 makes a huge difference. That and my headspace was not entirely in the game today, so it took a few restarted games to get back into the mojo needed to finish with a decent score.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:23 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I think the check marks anjuna is referring to are the ones on the game page, in the bottom right-hand corner of each box for each level. Once you complete it, a gold check mark shows up. I THINK it shows up for completing it day of.

Usually, a gold check mark has been used for "day of" and a green check mark for just completing, at least in GMCs, etc. I am assuming that's the case for this, as well.

Anjuna, did you get the achievement for completing the first four on the day of release? (Second achievement from the bottom).

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:45 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Wow, that was definitely a step up in intensity. I thought I hadn't done well enough because I got less than my level 3 score, but apparently I either misremembered my level 3 score or did really well on that one. 3208, again beating it the first try (third day in a row).

Anjuna, I loathed the treasure chest game and am really hopeful that that one is completely over. This one is just as much about mouse-clicking accuracy and quickness as it is about the mental challenge (if not more so). Kaia's murmurings was the closest we got to a real puzzle, but the solution, once shared, made it too easy. I miss actual puzzles that you can't just look up a hint that spoils the fun. It's tricky... but TNT has definitely done it in the past.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:24 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

If you have completed all 4 games on day of release, you will also gain a new achievement and win a coin.

It seems that you will get a gold tick on completing game on day of release. No tick if you didn't. No signs of a green tick.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:04 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Day 5's challenge is up. I made it on the first try again. I'm starting to really enjoy this game, actually.

For the record, if you goof and copy a decoy, you lose points. Ouch.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:32 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Just wanted to apologize for being so crabby in my last post (and for double-posting).

Sorry, real life overwhelms me sometimes and I shouldn't have "ranted" here at you guys. So I guess the lack of checkmark was due to the new odd cut-off times.

Pickles, I think I'm out of this new stratego-type game. I didn't even try more than a couple times on Day 4, it was so frustrating to me. Life is wearing on me so I think I "concede". ~:>

The lock puzzle was hard, but I actually got through it easier somehow.

On a semi-related (as in semi-Neopets related, as in Adam/Donna-team related) note, Fb reminded me of an 8 year old memory today. Many of you may remember so I thought to share. Seeing it again actually made me teary-eyed. I remember during VPN Wars, a bunch of us lined up in a room to take a "photo" (screenshot). Loving the person that commented "cheeeeeeeeeeze" at the last moment. :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:01 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

You're always welcome to rant here. :hug:

A couple more tips for anyone having trouble with the game:
If it makes a difference, you can zoom out on your web browser page, which will make things smaller if you're having trouble seeing the whole thing together, or if you need the squares closer together for speed (Mr. P does this every time to get a better sized game . Just something I've seen posted around multiple places.
Also, while you lose points for time by reviewing the board first, the assassin's timer doesn't start going down until you make your first click. I totally didn't notice this myself, but Mr. P just pointed it out while doing his day 5 game.
I've seen it recommended to follow down a row or column to keep track of where you've worked, and immediately replace anything a wraith attacks.

Real life has been crazy for me, but the games have been a nice relief for me. I guess it works different for everyone.

I never actually played VPN (too many other things going on in life then), but it looks like y'all had fun. :)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next