Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:19 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Faerie Festival Plot (a.k.a. Wraith Resurgence Plot)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:47 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Siniri is awesome with her in-depth-ness. :)
anjuna wrote:
So I thought it was the last potion step and sold off what I had. But no big whoops (I didn't have that many since I don't care for the Battledome), since my pet can easily beat the lesser Wraiths; the only limitation being the item drop limit daily.

The wraith item drops don't count towards your daily 15 items. :) However, they are capped out at a maximum of 53 per item type total, over as many days as it takes to get them. So, if you've hit your 53 of Wraith Blood, for example, you won't get anymore of it. If you haven't, you can keep fighting until you get there, all in one day if you so choose. :)

I hope that makes sense.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:28 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Anjuna, if you're using throw pillows, the enemy won't do any damage to you at all, so you should pair it with your absolutely strongest two weapons. You're better off using throw pillows (or a thick smoke bomb) + 2 offensive strikes (2 strongest weapons for throw pillows, and strongest weapon + offensive ability for thick smoke bomb) and killing off Malum without letting him attack you at all. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

A 50-100% icon-blocker (thick smoke bomb or downsize! or dual-use single-icon 100% blocker, like ROTL) or a reflector (at least 50%) is the only kind of defensive weapon you should really consider, since they are less dependent on your defensive boost and will thus give you more bang for your buck. But they are also likely very expensive right now. I think it's worth having some thick smoke bombs just because they're relatively inexpensive (vs. buying a reusable weapon). I still don't have time to really look at Malum and figure out which reflector/100% blocker would be best. I suspect someone else has already posted that elsewhere. But in general, since your defense is less than your strength, even with a decent shield, you'd take more damage than you could have given out in that same round (because there's a multiplier based on your current stats). Therefore, you should try to just go all-in on the offense, especially if you can block him from doing damage, and as long as you won't get killed that round without using a shield.

A ghostkerbomb is expensive, but since it's available in the HT, its price is relatively stable, so you could sell it after the plot and get most (if not all) of your NP back (unless JS decides to give away a better bomb for free... I cannot completely discount that possibility). The thing about buying a g-bomb is that if you decide to keep it, it'll serve you well in any plot in the future, and your pet will only "grow into" it if you actually train it up a bit. (It's also handy for faction battles at the obelisk.)

tl;dr: Consider buying: 1) thick smoke bomb(s) 2) ghostkerbomb 3) icicle and/or whatever-the-dark-ability-was-in-the-same-tier 3) some 100% blocker that matches Malum's strongest attack (if this is the same as what ROTL blocks, you already have it). In roughly that order. (The ability is a definite, though.)

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:28 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Didn't I already tell you guys that you are SO AWESOME?! I've taken all advice to heart. Save your keystrokes. :battar:

53 item limit in BD for plot you say? Not enough hours in the day for me. Good to know, though. Thank you, thank you, thank you all!

I'm out for Wraith Blood tonight!

PS--Which I got finally from switching back to RotL. Jus sayin'. Maybe a fluke?

EDIT -- Just having fun with Ylana's Blaster now... (Sloth and his "associates" just took 20% of my NP on hand in an RE so it's sort of apropo?)

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:00 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Chapter 13 is available.

Nothing we didn't already know, but at least the plot seems to moving faster.
Just wondering why they refer to him now as 'the lupe', when Kaia already told us his name is Malum.

Edit 8th: Nolan is healed. We should see Malum in the Infirmary tomorrow or the day after (or whenever TNT feels like it). :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:12 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
There must be something new. This has now arrived in the Achievements area:

I do not see what to do with it yet, however.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:29 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Nice catch, Blue!

Malum is now in the infirmary. He's taking Potions I, II, III, VI, VII, and X.
So, currently, all 10 potions can be donated.

Three more achievements for healing Malum 6 times, PLUS the final achievement in the potions section is now possible to get, and is a cool new avatar!

ETA: I've bought a TON of ectoplasms to make more of the first potion. They've stabilized somewhere between 3k-4k. The jump up from the 1k range was FAST.

ETA2: Okay, aside from not asking me how many NPs I've wasted today on ectoplasm, these achievements all just showed up!
Close Contest
Send a score of 1000 on Day 1 of your job.

Competent Commandant
Prove your skills as a commandant by scoring 1450 on Day 2.

Crafty Confrontation
You must be crafty to score 2000 on Day 3.

Cunning Combat
Help win the combat by scoring 2800 on Day 4.

Canny Campaign
Smart moves, officer. You earned 3500 on Day 5.

Coordinated Conquest
Kudos for the latest conquest! Scoring 4300 on Day 6 is no mean feat.

Clever Carnage
Whoa, you killed it with your score of 5500 on Day 7!

Crushing Crusade
With a score of 6500 on Day 8, you achieved a crushing victory!

Punctuality Pays
You cleared four areas on the same day they were attacked!

A Stickler for Time
You cleared all areas on the same day they were attacked!

ETA3:
More new dialogue!!
Quote:
Aethia: I need help!
Taelia: What's wrong?
Aethia: Just when we thought we were getting the upper hand against the wraiths, they've intensified their attacks.
Taelia: Oh no! What do you want me to do?
Aethia: They're all over the place, and I can't be everywhere at once. I need someone to help organize the troops using my enchanted map.
Taelia: Sure, we can do that.
Aethia: Thanks! I better get going now.
Taelia: Okay.

ETA4: Holy cow, today has been exciting! New achievements, new healings, new game!

The map is now clickable. It's a new game! If you click pause once you start the game, there's a link to the instructions. It's basically a mirroring game, just go as quickly as you can. There are 10 rounds on day 1.

Based on the achievements, it looks like some are for beating them all on the same day they're released. So...for the next week-ish, looks like we've got a daily game.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:59 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Ugh. Nice to get home, get ready for bed, and discover I have to plot instead of going to sleep in case JS screws up day 1 (as they have been known to do...). But yay for a new activity!

Edit: 40 minutes later and I'm done. It didn't help that I kept dozing off while trying to make the potions.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:05 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I hear you, Siniri. This plot was made for people that don't have day/night jobs.

Does this new game "not work in Chrome"? Looked like some sort of "blind Stratego" before it just... quit on me?

EDIT: Actually I miss Adam & Donna and TNT more than ever. Credit given to "upping the plot" at the last moment but you know they are still programmnig prizes before it's all done?

EDIT 2: How can I still be fighting Malum and also healing him in the infirmary at the same time? Someone lost sense of the timeline? *see EDIT 1 above*

EDIT 3: I give JS a bit of credit for .. Uhm, still working out the math on that. But other than that they had plenty of time! Mistakes happen, I get it. I hope they give all players a bit more of time? (Weak pets and/or old veterans with shriveled button-pushing thumbs and fingers?)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:59 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

What a day to have had guests over!!

I had a mad scramble to get these steps done before midnight. I managed it, but luckily also, TNT have extended day 1 of the Fiendish Formations game.

Finally managed to get guide done.

Anjuna, There is no doubt that the plot is still being made as it is going along, but that maps table was always going to be used. At some point Kaia will move over there, as there is an image of her standing behind it.

There is also the scrolls on Kaia's table that haven't been used yet. I wonder if that is where we will get our plot prizes from?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:53 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Ugh for "same day" events for over a week. I'm traveling next weekend and may not have access to the internet to do the plot - if it will even work on my phone (not sure my new laptop will arrive in time, and anyway since I'm camping, not really keen on bringing one with me to leave in my car...). *sigh*

TNT, you shouldn't punish people for having a life. (Not a new/JS thing, but seriously... it's so old.)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:59 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I have been doing some snooping in the source code and found that activity tab #7 is missing. It goes tab 1 - 6 than 8.

I added the 7 and found this:

Hmmm....A tombstone. Is this going to be put in after the Fiendish Formations game, or has TNT left it out?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:21 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Woah. Lots happening today. Thankfully I checked in here first :)

Also thankful that I socked away one of each concoction in my SDB, so the Malum healing was fast. I do like the new game, but am not thrilled about the must-do-daily part. Ah well.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:03 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Don't worry, we still have to look forward to "One of (Every) Kind"?

I'm not too thrilled about the new game, but I don't hate it either. On day 2 I might start hating. ~:>

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:10 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Day 2 has already started. Roughly around 12 noon NST. This maybe the same for the rest of the plot.

anjuna, one of every kind is available once you heal Malum.

It requires you to use 1 of every kind of potion. If you haven't already done that, then you can still do so.

Malum takes Concoction I, II, III, VI, VII, X.
Fyora takes Concoction IV, V.
Skeith takes Concoction VIII, IX.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:34 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Day 2 already? Geez. Ok. Glad I checked in tonight.

Grrr. Score of 1444 on second game. Need to replay for a measly 6 more points?

ETA: 1528 on 2nd try :) You can click as fast as you want to cycle through the symbols - You do not need to wait for them to change before clicking.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 19  Next