Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:24 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Faerie Festival Plot (a.k.a. Wraith Resurgence Plot)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:21 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Blue wrote:
I have the same issue (prizes already showing and not in inventory).

I would put in a ticket, Blue, if I you haven't already. Mine is at least in the "work in progress" mode now, so they're aware of the issue. (Although, if they look at the neoboards at all, they would be as well, as there's a board 12 pages long of people who have run into this.)

We still have to heal the Skeith, too.

Based on the things Malum says in the 'dome, I wonder if he's truly our final "boss"? I mean, he doesn't seem like a true boss battle. But...I guess we'll find out? I'm still hoping we get to fight an evil version of Fyora. That would just be awesome.

ETA: They have fixed the prize glitch. I was able to go back and collect mine.

Some people who were able to get their prizes the first time can now claim them again. If you can, discard the second ones!

Also, the lag is all but gone, finally. :)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:45 am 
PPT God
PPT God

How do you complete the "One of (Every) Kind"? Is there still time?

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:26 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
I just picked up my prizes for beating Malum :)

The bobblehead is surprisingly cheap on the SW.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:49 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

anjuna wrote:
How do you complete the "One of (Every) Kind"? Is there still time?

This achievement is still not possible to complete.

I'm guessing we'll be healing the Skeith with Potions VIII and IX, then possibly Malum (or someone else?) with Potion X, and then we'll be able to unlock the One of (Every) Kind achievement. The plot is still not over yet, that much is clear.

@Blue, I'm not surprised the Bobblehead is cheap. Beating Malum on easy isn't anywhere near as difficult as on hard for beginner battlers. The coconut, though, is going for around 1-2 million, depending on who you ask.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:46 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Pickles wrote:
@Blue, I'm not surprised the Bobblehead is cheap. Beating Malum on easy isn't anywhere near as difficult as on hard for beginner battlers. The coconut, though, is going for around 1-2 million, depending on who you ask.

Ah, makes sense. I did not battle Malum on anything but hard and failed to realize that the bobblehead prize was for "any" win.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:46 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Does anyone have any advice on how to beat Malum on Hard on a *budget* with a pet that has 418 HP (Strength=151; Defense=37; Move=91)? It seems like it should at least be possible? (See pet named onbedoeldgevolg on account name anjuna, in case you should need to see his battle-worthiness?) ~:>

I am thinking that my best weapon is probably still Ring of the Lost but mostly because it blocks all dark? The newest plot weapon doesn't seem to provide enough "oomph" in tandem with the RotL. Even my (albeit cheap) defensive weapons end up wasting me a turn or end up Malum defeating me if I use them even once. (And ever since they changed from the old to the new faerie bottle blessings, I admit I took a few years hiatus from Neopets during that time so completely forgot if it's worth it regarding that--if so I have tons of the new "weak" bottled faeries and plenty of the old as well).

I don't know what Malum is using as weapons, but even if I did I'd be ignorant of all this Battledome math. All I know is that I have plenty of Snowballs (Exploding, Icy, Sticky, Sand), a handful of Silver 00 Hog Battlecards, an Ultranova and a Thick Smoke Bomb but other than that just random various weapons from other plots (and Royal Wedding Ring with RotL doesn't seem to be doing it either).

PS -- It doesn't even necessarily have to be so "budget". I have plenty of NP to purchase weapons, but only if someone were willing to part with something decent that won't be nearly useless in the future. I just don't ever play in the Battledome unless it's "required" for a plot, so as long as it's an overall decent weapon (hopefully for future plots), I'd consider shelling out in the 1M to 2M range. If you have something to offer, Neomail me (anjuna) your trade or auction. Otherwise, I'll be content coming in with the second wave of plot survivors. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:17 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Anjuna, what level is your pet?

There are a few "strategies" out there for lower level pets.

Here's one that has apparently been OK'd by TNT, though it seems a bit shady to me, personally: Throw Pillows Method
It does, however, take a couple of days.
Here's someone with a low level pet that spelled out how he did it, as well: Board 1
Board 2

I hope one of the above helps. Unfortunately, I haven't actually looked at strategy on fighting for a while....mostly as I haven't needed to, without the HP increase.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:32 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Level 87. See how ignorant I am? I forgot that is the prerequisite.

418 HP (Strength=151; Defense=37; Move=91)

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml? ... oeldgevolg

(Background: He's one of my first pets, lab rayed but fairly well rounded for eventually turning into a Lutari before you couldn't adopt them (if you were lucky) once a year. I had long longed for a Lutari. Around when .. nevermind I'm too old and there is little time left in this plot lol. He's untrained and there is no time to train with even a 13 year stockpile of Codestones. How can I hit Malum with a "bland" 3 hits, survive, and be done with this plot step?)

Thanks for any and all advice!

EDIT/UPDATE: Seems like I hath accumulated 14 Weak Air Bottled Air Faeries over the years. But I don't understand why you should say this method takes days? (In the Battledome? How? What?) o_O

I can't help but be tempted. Who doesn't love the idea of a ... PILLOW FIGHT?! :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:16 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

anjuna wrote:
EDIT/UPDATE: Seems like I hath accumulated 14 Weak Air Bottled Air Faeries over the years. But I don't understand why you should say this method takes days? (In the Battledome? How? What?) o_O

I can't help but be tempted. Who doesn't love the idea of a ... PILLOW FIGHT?! :D

Throw Pillows is a once per day ability, as compared to per battle. At midnight NST, it resets. So, you go in, you use it along with the two biggest weapons you can, then take no more action and leave the page. The challenge remains in progress. Once the next day comes, you go back to the battledome, go to Challenges, and re-enter the fight, use Throw Pillows again with your two biggest weapons. Rinse and repeat until you beat him.

At least, I think that is how it works. There have been plenty of questions on the boards to clarify, but honestly, I haven't done a great deal of reading into it (too many other things going on right now).

Apparently people have been doing this for years to beat the Space Faerie on hard? I'd never even heard of it before Malum showed up, but then, like I said, I haven't been seriously battling other than for daily drops. I'm not sure that this was the intent of the ability to begin with (and obviously someone had to be thinking out of the box to realize it works), but it has been OK'd by TNT for now. It seems a rather sneaky way around things, but... :thinking:

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:37 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Anjuna, the ability throw pillows can only be used once per day. However, if you let your battle continue into the next Neopian day, apparently you can use that ability again in the same battle (when you go into the BD, you'll see a tab at the top called "challenges" - you can click there and reenter your current battle at any time, but keep in mind that you can't heal during the battle, so don't do anything that could cost HP, especially snowager... you *can* finish a training during battle, but not complete a FQ, if I remember correctly). Since the throw pillows ability blocks all attacks from the enemy, you will be able to attack Malum with your strongest weapons each round - but each round will take 1 Neopian day. See http://www.neopets.com/~_mariokart_#50 for an explanation of the ability (this is a good guide to all the abilities, actually...).

ROTL is not actually all that great as an offensive weapon. You're much better off using 2 of the plot weapons. I think Daze listed them a little while ago when I asked for suggestions, but here are some trials:

With a 550 str boost, using blazing embers and winged palm blade, I hit for 283, 290, 325. Using blazing embers + thistled pingrenade, I hit for 322, 367 (the pingrenade is only 1x/battle, though). Using blazing embers + turned tooth (cheapish because available from the wishing well), I hit for 336 every round.

Other buyable options: a ghostkerbomb (available from the HT - I wouldn't pay over HT prices for one... I wish I had one to lend you, but I don't have one right now, and unless JS really overinflates their prizes, prices should hold pretty stable on this), jade elixir (7526 NP from the secret ninja school, 1-use 100% healer - you might be able to survive a round if you use the ability shade?), thick smoke bomb (9000 NP from the secret ninja school, 1-use 100% shield - you can only carry one, but this would make the throw pillows method take 1 fewer day), downsize! (a multi-use 50% blocker... it's relatively cheap vs. having to buy multiple thick smoke bombs, but I would probably spend the money on thick smoke bombs instead), shade ability (2 dark bottled faeries - it's basically 1x/battle, but it might be able to help you survive another round), irritable minions ability (it deals out 8 or maybe 10 dark icons the round *after* you use this - so you'd have to survive the current round, maybe pair this with a thick smoke bomb? not clear whether this ability currently works, but it's only 10 dark bottled faeries), an icicle ability (instead of irritable minions, if that one isn't working - deals 6 extra icons of damage), a HT offensive weapon (Kelpbeard trident or an anagram sword)

If secret ninja school items are inflated and you can't access the shop there, let me know and I'll buy what you need and sell them to you at cost (I think it's like the faerie springs, so it might take some time). I have a huge stockpile of healing potions (which I should start selling, now that I think about it...), so if you need any for outside of the BD, let me know. (I have the strongest ones that should only require 1-2 potions/healing.)

In general, forget about defense - your defense is just too weak vs. your strength, so hit hard and heavy. Here's a sample strategy. Sorry, it's late, so I can't run the math for you to see if you'd defeat him in this many rounds or not...
Round: Ability + Weapon 1 + Weapon 2
Round 1: Throw pillows + bomb + blazing embers (bomb = ghostkerbomb or thistleberry pingrenade)
Round 2: Irritable minions* + thick smoke bomb + blazing embers (*if this ability doesn't actually do any damage, or if your battle is going to last more than 3 rounds, switch it out for an icicle ability)
Round 3: Shade + blazing embers + (turned tooth or winged palm blade) (unless you still can't survive... then maybe try shade + blazing embers + your best shield - I don't know what kind of damage Malum does, but choose a shield or a combo that blocks 100% of one icon that he tends to do a lot of damage with; some common items that can do this are parasol of unfortunate demise, ROTL, Hanso's charisma charm, um... drawing a blank, sorry... you might even consider using a reflector, just to survive, such as the 1-use Amulet Of Reflection, or one of the 50% fragile single-icon-type reflectors such as shovel plus or expert lens - this will work best if Malum's weapons mostly use a single icon, and obviously choose a reflector or 100% blocker that targets his main icon type)
Round 4: an icicle + jade elixir + blazing embers (and hope you've finished him off by now)

If you can't finish him off in round 4 (or can't survive round 3), you can wait until the next Neopian day and replace that round with throw pillows + blazing embers + turned tooth/winged palm... and keep doing that across multiple days until you finish him off.

Sorry if this isn't clear, but now it's way past bedtime, and I've got to get up early.

edit: another option is to increase your strength boost using items. Bubbling fungus is one, but may not be the cheapest right now. It's expensive, since you'd need 49 more icons to reach the next boost, but it could be cheaper and more effective than buying another weapon. In the long run, it's best to train year-round so you're ready for the plot. FQ cookies are a nice option, too, if you've got NC. They should be going on discount soon.

edit 2: I created a trade for you with some healing potions in case you need them. Just bid junk. http://www.neopets.com/island/tradingpo ... =421896185

That should heal you up again for 5 battle attempts.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:45 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

For those interested:
Quote:
If you haven't noticed already, Baelia has taken over Hidden Tower as Fyora…you know…recovers…but the shop has magically reopened and is better than ever! New elements have been added and old items have come and gone so be sure to swing by, I have a feeling a weapon shopping spree is just what you need today!

She retired Jhudoras Bewitched Ring and Lord Darigan Plushie. There are two new items: Focus of Imminent Destruction (30mil, seems to be doing 35 icons of damage, but it's inconsistent - might be about 80% of the time and might have a recharge issue, so it's still being figured out) and the Gemmed Sword of Light (15mil, seems to be 16 icons constant, which is severely overpriced). No clue if either weapon will be tweaked in either price or icons, so yeah.

Personally, the last line about a "weapon shopping spree is just what you need today" seems obviously foreshadowing an upcoming boss. Of course, it could just mean, hey, if you still can't beat Malum, go buy some weapons, but <shrugs>.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:16 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

The skeith is in the infirmary. There are 3 new achievements for him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:36 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Thanks you guys! Siniri, I'm okay on healing potions but I appreciate the thought. You should go ahead and sell them for top NP if you need to.

I might try the throw pillows method, assuming there is still time to do so.

I'm wondering how much the other weapons you listed are going to run me, and for a plot battle it might not be worth my time or NP. I think I've tried combining the other plot weapons, but it doesn't seem as good as even using the RotL. Maybe I'll try again, but since RotL blocks all dark it seems to help with my pet's weak defense? (But you mention I have weak strength too? Sigh.)

I was wondering if maybe a strong item that blocked more or even reflected damage or healed a signifigant amount of HP might be worth it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:44 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well, today's new potions took almost no time at all, since I'd pre-made them. Tally ho!

They still haven't figured out the new HT weapon, but it might have blocks of time that it cools down and blocks of time that it's 70%+ hitting. Seems like a mess, if you can't be on during the times that it'd be working.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:58 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

You guys are awesome here at PPT! <3 A bit too Battledome nerdy for me, but awesome nonetheless. :P Thanks for all your links and detailed explanations! (Trust me, I did a lot of reading before deciding my strategy and/or fate.) :hug: :hug: :hug:

So I thought it was the last potion step and sold off what I had. But no big whoops (I didn't have that many since I don't care for the Battledome), since my pet can easily beat the lesser Wraiths; the only limitation being the item drop limit daily.

I figure with the Fiendish Key and Blazing Embers from the current plot, combined with what I now call the "Pillow Fight!!!" ability, I think my labbed Lutari, onbedoelgevolg, should be able to beat Malum hopefully by Monday, when presumably either the plot will be "over" or there may be one last step?

I probably don't need all the Thick Smoke Bombs and Amulet of Reflections I recently bought now lol

EDIT: But I may take you up on your offer of the healing potions, Siniri, just in case. ~:> Other than that, since World Challenges are gone (hopefully not forever), I'm just a humble Igloo Garage Sale re-seller. :oops:

PS -- Shout out to thedailyneopets.com for the great item database and jellyneo.net for plot tutorial! :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next