Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:17 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Daily Dare 2017
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:53 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yeah, today was kinda pathetic. Like, really pathetic. And the weapon that was given along with it? Gah. They're basically turning the old "mid-range" tier of weapons into "standard-range". I'm glad my set is in the higher range, but...seriously? This is feeling more and more like the whole "trophies for everyone" thing. Sigh.

I spent more time than I should have going through Assignment 53 today, and I think I'll be OK on it now. I still need more practice to get an avatar score, but...I think I'm more than fine for whatever pathetic thing Chadley throws at us.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:45 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
I am also very concerned about AAA's revenge. That game is horrible. I think my best is 7...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:46 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Well, you do need to get past the tricky part of level 2, but it's really not a bad score for A53 today. Very doable if you watch Bart's guide. If you're getting hurt trying for points, just focus on completing the levels instead (I mean, get the easy points, of course, but skip anything you can that's costing you lives).

My "trick" for AAA's revenge is to start on one of the 4 NSEW places, hit him 2x from there, then move to the next cardinal direction (I find it better to go counterclockwise, but either works), hit 2x, rinse, repeat... Unless a power-up appears. The nice thing about a power-up is that your yo-yo stops there, so they're usually pretty easy to grab. Keep in mind that if you hit 3x from the same spot in a row (or actually, I think it's 3 times out of 4), you won't be able to hit from there again for a while because the guards will put up a shield (which costs a yo-yo). And the flashlight beams can catch the yo-yos while they're coming back to you, too... There's a pattern to their movement, when they speed up and slow down, so it's not too bad once you get the hang of it, just a little extraordinarily tedious. I think I might dislike it more than Hot Dog Hero, and that's saying something!

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:24 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I agree that 3.7k on Assignment 53 was not too bad. 3.88k is my new high. Done with it until next time :)

Thanks for the tips on AAA's Revenge. I will need to practice it for the next few days. I truly loathe that game.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:33 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well, I'm glad I'd practiced, even if the score was lower, because it made it possible to get it on my first try through. I need to work harder on this one to get the avatar, for sure.

AAA's Revenge and Barf Boat are not cool. I'm not particularly a fan of Wheeler's Wild Ride, either, but I know there's some way to rack up a lot of points without actually getting too far in the game.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:08 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Only advice I have for Barf Boat is to keep your eyes focused on only one petpet and making sure that one does not go overboard. If you have a couple (or more) and your primary does go overboard, focus on the one remaining. Your score is based on how long you can survive, not on how many petpets are on deck.

I am not so worried about Barf Boat, but am extremely concerned about AAA's revenge. Even with some practice tonight, my best is now only 21!

ETA: Chadley's score in Barf Boat actually appears to be a little bit of a challenge at 1,047. Today is also a team challenge. It may take me a bit to hit Chadley's score, but definitely doable.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:40 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

My high score is only 345, Blue... :( Going to read a guide and see if I'm missing something obvious, but I'm not a huge fan of the game.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:48 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Oh, there are words that are not PG that I feel like using right now. I've gotten up to 583 today. I hate hate hate hate hate this game.

ETA:723, but I didn't send it. Don't want to use all my score sends yet. Those giant bombs = YUCK. Also, I've found that the Onas and Meepits seem easier to control...

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

Last edited by Pickles on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:03 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I got just over 500. I don't like this game. It triggers my motion sickness, and the copious puke does not help.

Nor do the guides... I don't get it. I can tap as quickly as I want, or hold down the button, and at a certain point, all the petpets just slide off the edge, ignoring what I'm doing. (It usually happens when two appear on the same side of the one I'm balancing, after letting a cannonball go... I do try to keep them as close to the center as possible, but even still, they just all kamikaze and end the game.) *sigh*

I don't even have that much time to play.

How on earth did you even get 950, Blue? I think you'd better find another challenge partner. I might be phoning it in with Abi. We'll see how far I get before the toddlers wake up from their nap.

Edit: Just feel like I had a breakthrough, though I'm not sure I can explain it. I just started ignoring the cannonballs as much as possible, jumping more than trying to throw them off (though they often fell off anyway). Also keep your focus on just one petpet, keeping it between the black squares as much as possible. Hope either of these help, P. Going to accept the challenge, Blue. My apologies in advance if I don't complete it.

Last edited by Siniri on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:07 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Siniri wrote:
It triggers my motion sickness, and the copious puke does not help.

I have the same problem. Except normally, I'm don't have problems with motion sickness.

I've found that jumping sometimes helps keep them from going over the edge...but...sometimes not.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:18 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Also, ditch the heavier ones... Keep a medium-weight one. If possible. Those darn heavy ones keep pushing everyone overboard. Beginning to hate this more than HDH.

Edit: Bwahaha! Victory is mine! Not sure what was different, but my ring finger is sore, so I suppose there was a lot of keyboard mashing. Keep trying, P. There's not that much difference between 500 and over 1k in terms of skill; it's just a matter of luck.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Whew! Did it! The meowclops turned out to be the best one for me to control!

....I still hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate this game. Definitely. Not playing it again unless absolutely necessary.

However! FINALLY. One of the games was an actual had-to-work-at-it challenge!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:08 am 
Administrator
Administrator

I... hate... this... game. Each play, my score goes down. I think I may not make it today.

ETA:

GOT IT! Barely, but got it. :D

I found that if I concentrated on only ONE petpet and keeping it in the middle, ignoring absolutely everything else except nearby bombs - jumping as needed - was the trick. This includes not even glancing up to see the score out of the corner of my eye.

This was too close to midnight.

I do NOT look forward to AAA's revenge.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:30 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

At least today's wasn't too bad. You could probably get Chadley's score just by finding an easy place to do wheelies (just tap the left and right arrow keys to stay balanced on your front tire for as long as possible; you'll get 5 points per second, so it would only take 30 seconds of wheelies).

Just practiced AAA's revenge. It's ridiculously tedious. The good news: spot 100 on the high score table is only 96. The bad news: that would still take forever to reach... but I just realized that you get a whopping 2 points (vs. 1) for every quick-succession hit you make. So if you can get three hits in a row before the guards swoop in on you, go for it for the bonus point. You won't be able to hit from that spot again until the shield goes away, but it actually goes away fairly quickly. Keep an eye out for the bonus items; yo-yos are vital because the guards are good at getting in your way, and freezers are excellent for racking up a few points - and the presents are worth a lot but are unfortunately pretty rare. Try shooting from the angles as well as the cardinal coordinates so you can learn them; once the game speeds up, you'll actually need to take the angle shots as well as the straight-on shots so you don't run out of time to get a hit. As long as Chadley doesn't require us to get on the top 100 high score table, I think his score will be manageable... it's just a matter of not running out of patience and trying to sneak in hits when the guards are too near (which is how every single game I've ever played has ended...).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:47 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I did not come close to my high score on Wheeler's Wild Ride, but Siniri is right- the fastest, easiest way to beat Chadley is to do a bunch nose wheelies at the start of level 1. Flip direction, go to the wall, reflip and use right arrow for 1 second wheelies. The points rack up faster than actually running the course.

Not looking forward to tomorrow.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next