Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: New Neopets Mobile App
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:41 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Remember the mobile version of the site TNT mooted in February? No, not that one, the other one!

Well, it still hasn't materialised, but the people at Jellyneo have discovered* that TNT are planning to release a different Neopets app, a free-to-play game with in-app purchases themed around the famous Neopian characters, the ghost busters ghoul catchers! (no, I haven't heard of them either).

Image Image Image

* Where do they get this stuff? Is there some Neopets press release site I don't know about? Is Jellyneo's Dave going through TNT's bins?

question? check the dex

Post subject: Re: New Neopets Mobile App
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:51 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Interesting. That second screen looks like... that mutant jelly game thingy I haven't played since the last time it came up in DD/GMC. Since I don't have a device that can use an app, I hope there aren't too many perks for app users. But I do hope that the app that makes site access easier is available soon.

I know that JN has sometimes gotten to actually visit Neopets HQ and preview some stuff. I don't think TNT would release images of the app via JN, though... I do know that a lot of their unreleased images are found from people crawling the Neopets site looking for new images (I think by exploring potential names; often the images, etc. are added to the server before they're actually linked to by anything). Or maybe they access the site's public-but-usually-invisible directories... I don't really know since I have no desire to do it myself.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:26 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Siniri wrote:
Interesting. That second screen looks like... that mutant jelly game thingy I haven't played since the last time it came up in DD/GMC.

i'm reminded of Yoshi's Cookies, myself. Tried and true game, though it's been what...over 20 years since its release? :evil:

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

======================================

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:50 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Siniri wrote:
I know that JN has sometimes gotten to actually visit Neopets HQ and preview some stuff.
Hmm... Maybe I should take a short drive one of these days. They're not that far from me.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:13 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Blue, that reminded me of a legendary PPT article (from way back before I joined here, but often linked to when people asked for frozen account help). The person's account was frozen, and they got nowhere with the traditional help methods (this was before the ticket system). They lived in Arizona, so they got in a car with a friend and started driving to Neopets HQ. They made it pretty far into California, got sidetracked, and never actually got to HQ, if I remember correctly. I don't know if they ever got their account back, either.

Do you even know where new TNT HQ are, now that they've moved to Jump Start? Remember that movie where kids were trying to Mission-Impossible-style steal the answers to the SATs? I could see someone trying to break in and hack Neopets' servers, but for something really stupid (like, say, finally creating the Abigail gumball machine and giving it to all the 2008 MegaSuperb DD winners and no, I'm totally not still bitter about that, why do you ask?).

Oh, on topic? The game is Scourge of the Lab Jellies.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:33 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

JN posted some more details....

In case anyone hadn't seen yet. :)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:44 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Thanks Pickles!

This is really exciting: it shows that Jumpstart does have an eye for the future of the site. I know what with the lag and the downsizing (cutting Petpet Park and the Habitarium, the Random and Caption Contests fiasco...) a lot of people have been predicting the end, and I get the impression in the past few years, Viacom's interest in the site became solely to pump out as much cash as possible without consideration for the brand's longevity.

question? check the dex

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]