Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:09 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Possible new Neopet
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:00 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I am afraid I bring you grave news.

Jellyneo are reporting they have uncovered this vile monstrosity, potentially the 55th Neopet.

Since several colours are now available for all 54 species, the anthropomorphised panda owl turkey would give TNT an excuse to revisit paint brushes like Pirate and Faerie. They'd also have a lot of wearable items to catch up on, though.

Oh, the betting's on that this hideous original creation will be called something beginning with the letter 'V', the only letter of the alphabet not represented by the Neopet species family. A suggestion via reddit.

Quote:
"okay but what if it’s called a Vowl and its favorite thing is letters"

this would make it like 10000% cuter

Some commenters at JellyNeo are already drawing comparisons to the Petpet Park art style - could it be left-over art from Petpet Park, and if so, is it going to be recycled?

I for one hope this isn't a new Neopet, as 54 pets fit nicely in three columns of 18 and if I have to rewrite the Neodex column template for five columns there will be blood.

edit: Also, ever the voice of reason (probably), Ummy, the famed (I expect) JellyNeo staff member, raises this comparison to the design backlash:

Quote:
I remember when the Xweetok came out and people HATED IT.

Good times.

(S)he is of course quite right in berating people for judging this design too early and I would never think to disagree with them.

On a completely unrelated note,

Quote:
I do feel rather ashamed about it now. I was really, really frustrated and annoyed by years of frustration and then the whole post-sale experience. That doesn't really justify it but at least you may get where I was coming from.

Xweetok and Ogrin were my parting 'gift' to Neopets. I thought they were the most hideous pet designs and worst names I had ever heard, so I approved them...

There I said it...

I am sure someone is going to come after me now, that was my deepest darkest secret, I never told anyone other than Adam that before now...

Quoth Donna.

question? check the dex

Post subject: Re: Possible new Neopet
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:39 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Thanks for the awesome info. I immediately thought of Petpet Park when I saw the design. Could it be a petpet instead of a pet?

Maybe this one is Snarkie's "goodbye" gift; if so, I look forward to an awesomely hideous name!

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:41 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

If it was just a petpet, I doubt JN would've found such nice big pictures of it. I doubt they'll bet doing all the wearbles for it, but who knows? It's a lot of wearables for someone to be stuck going back to do, though...

I don't actually think it's tooo bad looking, but then, I do like the Xweetok (even if I hate hate hate the Ogrin). A lot of HP fans have probably been wanting some sort of Owl-type pet, anyways. It reminds me of a cross between an Oukin and a Bandalu from Petpet Park.

I do hope it has a name that starts with a 'V'...that would be cool. I'd be amused if they use parts of the petpet park names for it...Vandkin, or Voudalu, or something like that...who knows.

ETA: JN has found clothes for it now. Definitely going to be a pet.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:54 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Interesting. Very Interesting. It is a weird looking thing, indeed.

PandaOwl. Owlanda, Pandar, Vanda, Vowda.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:05 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Quote:
The Countdown Is On...

Another year older with even more surprises up our sleeve! Will you be joining us as we countdown to our 15th BIRTHDAY? From Goodie Bags and NEW items to site themes and more, surprises galore will be available throughout all of next week, leading to the BIGGEST news to hit Neopia in quite some time - stay tuned!

Source

I guess 55 pets it is.

Vowl.

And its favourite thing is the alphabet.

I still haven't figured out where Jellyneo got the images from, though.

question? check the dex

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:38 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm assuming that the "BIGGEST news to hit Neopia in quite some time" is going to be the new pet. However, I'm very excited for the next week and a half!

...TNT made an oopsies and leaked the name:
Vandagyre

JN's post about it

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:45 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

TNT's made another "oopsie": according to reddit, Vandagyres can be painted Magma in the Magma Pool, but art for that colour is not available yet.

question? check the dex

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]