Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Danger: Duplicated Items
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:36 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

It looks like someone has found an item duplicating glitch again (related to all the site glitches or co-incidence? Who knows?). Take a look at the trades or auctions for "super attack pea" and see for yourself! For example, at the time of writing, user "loveitinthebackyard", who started playing yesterday, is auctioning five Super Attack Peas. Supposedly, the site went down yesterday and this glitch was patched, but if so, duplicated items weren't purged.

It would of course be terrible and unfair for TNT to freeze people who buy items in good faith but which are later revealed to be copied. Therefore, you may expect TNT to do so. Even if TNT don't go freeze-happy, they'll presumable eventually remove the copied items and you won't get refunded.

Meanwhile, money accrued from selling fraudulent goods is being laundered back into the economy by over-bidding on auction items by by several million Neopoints - I don't know if we can expect those to disappear as well or not.

Reddit is predicting a roll-back of the site, I am predicting a lot of freezing.

Don't buy anything, set your preferences to not receive items from strangers, and wait this out.

edit: also, on an unrelated note, isn't it terrible that TNT have fostered such a climate of fear over their website that players are afraid of being frozen just for playing it at all? "What if I get frozen for not actually doing anything wrong, but because I buy something that's been duplicated even though there is no way for me to know it has been duplicated? What if I get frozen for not actually doing anything wrong, but because someone gives me something duplicated? What if I get frozen for not actually doing anything wrong, but for selling something to someone who abused the glitch, which I don't actually have any control over...?"

question? check the dex

Post subject: Re: Danger: Duplicated Items
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:18 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Jelani wrote:
It looks like someone has found an item duplicating glitch again (related to all the site glitches or co-incidence? Who knows?). Take a look at the trades or auctions for "super attack pea" and see for yourself! For example, at the time of writing, user "loveitinthebackyard", who started playing yesterday, is auctioning five Super Attack Peas. Supposedly, the site went down yesterday and this glitch was patched, but if so, duplicated items weren't purged.

It would of course be terrible and unfair for TNT to freeze people who buy items in good faith but which are later revealed to be copied. Therefore, you may expect TNT to do so. Even if TNT don't go freeze-happy, they'll presumable eventually remove the copied items and you won't get refunded.

Meanwhile, money accrued from selling fraudulent goods is being laundered back into the economy by over-bidding on auction items by by several million Neopoints - I don't know if we can expect those to disappear as well or not.

Reddit is predicting a roll-back of the site, I am predicting a lot of freezing.

Don't buy anything, set your preferences to not receive items from strangers, and wait this out.

edit: also, on an unrelated note, isn't it terrible that TNT have fostered such a climate of fear over their website that players are afraid of being frozen just for playing it at all? "What if I get frozen for not actually doing anything wrong, but because I buy something that's been duplicated even though there is no way for me to know it has been duplicated? What if I get frozen for not actually doing anything wrong, but because someone gives me something duplicated? What if I get frozen for not actually doing anything wrong, but for selling something to someone who abused the glitch, which I don't actually have any control over...?"

Thanks for the warning!!

And yes. It is. We recently lost a very dear member from unfair freezing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:47 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I thought they had this taken care of yesterday (when the site was down for multiple hours - at least, from what I understand, by the time I got on, the whole thing seemed to be over). Ugh.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:35 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Apparently the duplication stopped, but the duped items weren't taken out of circulation. I've not bought anything since the reboot, and I guess I'll continue to sit on my training. I can't believe I'm wishing for a mag instead of a zed...

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:04 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Still not acknowledgement from TNT on this issue, in the news, twitter, nor facebook, and the players who have been distributing duped items remain unfrozen.

question? check the dex

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:51 am 
PPT God
PPT God

If the trend of better and more open communication continues, you can expect a response from this in a future Editorial or something akin to it. AND If not MUCH SAD!!! :o

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

======================================

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:19 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Jacob wrote:
If the trend of better and more open communication continues, you can expect a response from this in a future Editorial or something akin to it. AND If not MUCH SAD!!! :o

Not a direct response yet, but they did address the fact that it exists, and that it is their top priority right now:
Editorial wrote:
The item bug first and foremost, followed by other blockers that affect gameplay.

I sold a few minor items over the last few days (nothing more valuable than a red codestone, though - but my shop was bursting and I've been avoiding adding/removing things from my SDB until they get my missing 3 items fixed), but other than that, I've avoided any buying for now, even of little things. Hopefully I didn't end up with any messy NPs. Someday, I'll get back to doing Coincidence quests...

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]