Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:30 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Was gibts Neues in Neopia?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:22 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
So... I received an email from TNT last night that was in German.

Basically, it's a free gift pack... But its not. The code doesn't work.

Not even if I change the language to German. Thanks, TNT.

Was gibts Neues in Neopia?

Post subject: Re: Was gibts Neues in Neopia?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:49 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

JellyNeo reported this email here. It looks like it was intended for users who have not signed into Neo for a long time, and won't work otherwise?

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:13 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Yes. That's correct. Apparently, I got this email for my side account. Per JN, the code must be used on the account for which the email was sent. They also do not advise claiming on your side accounts. Primary only.

Apparently, I left my side account in German :P

Sent from my Fireball using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:29 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I wonder how many new hotmail/yahoo/gmail/ISP e-mail accounts got that message for someone else (who used to have their e-mail address), and now they've sent a password request to get into the abandoned account. (I think the birthday component to the log-in would prevent that, but still...)

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:15 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I like the idea of TNT actually reaching out to older users of Neopets, because it may likely bring them back into the fold (or at least allow them to remember good times). That and the fact TNT isn't very proactive with communication. Most all social games and networks give notifications to the registered email they have with their account, and while we need to have an email address to even play Neopets, TNT never took advantage of contacting users about things or even the simplest of notifications. My guess is because they would otherwise get complaints from parents who think their child is being coerced into something they don't want...but given we are mostly teens or adults here...? o_O

Perhaps this is a sign they are going to make changes to the setup? It would be a progressive step, for certain, because I think the only notification we get from Neopets is when one of our Neopets comes back from their vacation at the Neolodge. Do people even use that anymore? :evil:

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

======================================

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:28 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Jacob wrote:
I like the idea of TNT actually reaching out to older users of Neopets, because it may likely bring them back into the fold (or at least allow them to remember good times). That and the fact TNT isn't very proactive with communication. Most all social games and networks give notifications to the registered email they have with their account, and while we need to have an email address to even play Neopets, TNT never took advantage of contacting users about things or even the simplest of notifications. My guess is because they would otherwise get complaints from parents who think their child is being coerced into something they don't want...but given we are mostly teens or adults here...? o_O

Perhaps this is a sign they are going to make changes to the setup? It would be a progressive step, for certain, because I think the only notification we get from Neopets is when one of our Neopets comes back from their vacation at the Neolodge. Do people even use that anymore? :evil:

Good points there, Jacob. I still use the Neolodge for 2 of my pets - it's so very sad to see them perpetually dying. My active pet gets fed because I see the sad red status and feed her. My fourth pet eats exclusively Glowing Jelly in the hopes of one day turning glowing. I have no idea if the Neolodge will mess with the odds of changing the pet or not, so I avoid it for that one. I probably should go check and make sure he isn't dying now...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]