Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:16 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Spooky Food Eating Contest - Plot
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:48 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Blue, hope you can get your car fixed quickly and that work/life stops being so hectic soon.

I'm on a 1 hour wait to get to floor 95. I have one fortitude curse to cancel something out. Assuming I get a 6 hour wait before the long one, I should make it to at least 96 today. I can't wait for this step to be over. It's a little ridiculous by now, TNT. I'm hoping since we're getting drops, people who can't check as much don't get penalized for not doing "all" the levels (if there even is such a thing... and if there is, please let it be 100), if this is even an event in which TNT is keeping track of our contributions.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:57 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Quote:
Sadly, he hasn't been. Between work, broken car, and life in general, Neopets is very much back burner. I'm on Floor 15. The only good thing about being so far behind is I haven't seen any wait times between levels since level 1 or 2.

Oh, sorry to hear life is being dreary for you, Blue. Good luck vibes heading your way. :)

On the bright side, I don't think the amount of floors are going to count for anything. Some have already hit Floor 100 and it isn't stopping. I think the monster will be found when ever TNT are ready to finish this step.

Also with us getting prizes per room, it is unlikely points are being tallied.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:48 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ugh, Blue, no fun. :(

Last night I did manage to get through level 72, so I started today at level 73. Got all the way to level 91 before a 10 minute-ish break, and then got hit with an hour and a half break during 92. Waiting to get to 93, but odds are, I'll only be able to do it and 94 today. I guess having to start later in the day yesterday (and today) hurt me as far as how many levels I was able to get through before the longer waits? Trying to figure out how I'm behind by a couple floors now...

I'm down to only 3 books left that I need (1x - An Ogrins Wild Life, 1x - Illusens Twigs, 3x - Grundo Beauty Book). It does seem like some items are more "rare" than others (like Sporkle Syrup, the Faerieland Justice Stamp, several of the books, etc).

I know we're probably not getting any sort of credit for doing these levels, but somehow, I cannot resist keeping on going...

ETA: Ugh. Got hit with an 8 hour curse on level 93, which'll end nearly 2 hours after I normally go to sleep. Guess I'm not progressing anymore until tomorrow...assuming this is still going tomorrow.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:19 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I managed to skate through level 96 without getting cursed (took a lot of luck; I had to use my foreshadowing thingy on the very first door, and then had to clear nearly the whole level to find the exit -- I kept picking the doors with the best chance, but the exit was through a series of about 8 50-50 chance doors -- very, very lucky to not get cursed at all, not even one of the non-fatigue curses!). Of course I got cursed up the wazoo in level 97. It's only 10 hours, so I'll hopefully be able to do a level (or three) before leaving for work tomorrow, but I definitely won't have time for the ~20 I did before the wait times increased today.

I got a new book today (Fun Tree Facts). And I only have 2 copies of Clash of Moehogs, and 3 of Neopian Chandeliers and Xweetok Icebreakers. Only two Ghostkerchiefs, too, but I've gotten 5 stamps, a bunch of scarabs, and 8 sporkle syrups.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:33 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
*sigh* 15 hour day, not including the 1-1/2 hours in the car. At least I am 99% done writing reviews. Even gave one today :)

Working my way down a few levels tonight. After level 19, I got this:
Quote:
As you readjust the straps of your backpack, you catch a glimpse of something blue.

Corbin peers down the stairs. "It's not safe to go charging in. We need to sneak up on it."

[Grumble and Wait]

LOL. A glimpse of something blue :P

Grumble and Wait :roflol:

Now at level 20 :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:47 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Started on Floor 95 and ended on 120. Now have a 15 hour wait (as usual).

That was a whopping 25 levels today!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:16 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Breezed through 22(!) levels (getting to 115) before hitting a 10 minute wait...during which I dealt with all the stuff in my inventory and did battling. I picked up a curse of cleansing again (finally - it's been a couple days since I had one!), and I'm down to only needing one copy of An Ogrins Wild Life to finish up all 33 books (reading to my 4 'main' pets - not my labbie 'extra' - poor thing gets so much less attention...).

Level 116 left me with a nearly 2 hour wait. Hopefully this time, I won't get hit with another 8 hour wait or whatnot after 117!

The NC scrolls are on sale through tomorrow, so I'm guessing the end of this part (and likely the whole event/plot) will be on Halloween.

ETA: Confirmation tomorrow is the last day of this in the news:
Quote:
Have you caught a glimpse of the monster while searching The Perilous Catacombs? Surely it must mean we are getting close! Very close. Like, perhaps you want to get as many floors in as you can before tomorrow ends. We're not psychic or anything. Just sayin'.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:29 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I don't wanna. Going to take a 3-hour nap and see how I feel. I think these levels might help me fall asleep to start my nap...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:12 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

That is a nice run you had as well Pickles. *clap*

LOL, Siniri. I hear ya! I got up, took one look at my game and went back to bed. My wait time is finished, but I am going to wait until the new day to start again.

Images and text found in coding that tomorrow should be the last day:

Oh! You actually found the monster. You were beginning to think it found an invisible paint brush or something else dastardly. The poor thing doesn't look very violent right now. It's puttering about with what appears to be an old plushie.

Lure the monster into a three circuit trap with lasers, tripwires, and that Week Old Glass of Milk you've been carefully transporting all over the catacombs without spilling

Options:
Throw a rock at the monster's head
Flee in terror!

ETA: Found the monster. TBC.
Nothing exciting happened. You do get to keep all the treasures you found on that floor.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:02 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Yep, I slept right through that alarm. I had some homework due for an online course, but I'd already partially submitted based on what I had (I had to write a survey, and I was waiting for the results to do that part of the write-up... so I turned in like 80% of the work). Oh, well, I obviously needed the sleep. I did get to level 100 before I slept. That's two days in a row I missed most of my dailies, though. Now to face this monster...

Ugh, not on the first floor. Hope it's not too many; I'd like to finish before I have to leave for work.

ETA:
Quote:
You try to tell Kell, but he hushes you and listens. Shaking his head, he says, "No, it's gotten away again."

*sigh* At least I should be well-rested to finish it when I get home tonight, and I have no homework to do.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:12 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I got to level 122 (3rd level of the day) when I found the monster. Never did get the last of the one book I needed, but I lucked out and found one for 1np.

Seems like most people are getting it on the third floor today. Once you hit the monster, that's it, it's over, no more levels. I think this HAS to be done today, but I'm not 100% sure - just seems like a step that will be completely shut down tomorrow.

So glad this step is over. I've been exhausted all day, so I think I'll go take a nap.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:09 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Must be done today? Bah

Sent from my Fireball using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:15 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Blue wrote:
Must be done today? Bah

I'm assuming so, at least. I could, of course, be wrong. News today said this:
Quote:
If you are still stuck in The Perilous Catacombs, you might hear scuffling sounds close by. Better get your gear ready! It looks like you have a good chance of capturing the monster today!
I don't know if they're referring to today being the 30th or the 31st in actuality. But between that and the fact that yesterday they said to get as many done as possible by the end of the day today? I'm confused. I'm wondering if we weren't supposed to be able to get the monster until tomorrow, and everything just got bumped up a day. Either way, the NC scrolls stop being on sale today, and that's the most clear evidence we have.

Meh. I feel like I'm rambling. Despite my nap this afternoon during Little P's nap, I'm still exhausted. Sorry if none of that made any sense.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:40 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Lol. I could use a nap. 9 hour meeting today.

Sent from my Fireball using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:06 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Hope you were able to get it done (during that meeting, maybe?), Blue. I just finished mine. I hope that TBC stays up until next week.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next