Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:05 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: AC VIII
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:41 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Yeah, we've got to keep an eye out for KI and Kreludor; either could give us a good run for our money. Still, as long as we don't slack, we should have this in the bag.

Not putting Tyrannia and Altador in the same bracket was just dumb; everyone wants to see a rematch, and now 1st and 2nd are uncontested -- kind of stupid for a final round. Besides, Meridell and DC could have technically been in the running for 3rd, and with 2 brackets' first places available, it'd have made the race for 3rd-6th more exciting, too. TNT needs to hire a sports person to run this thing next year. The current person just doesn't get it.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Siniri wrote:
TNT needs to hire a sports person to run this thing next year. The current person just doesn't get it.

LOL.

Well, I got done what I needed to (plus a little) today, thankfully. Only 2700 SOSD to go. That's 675 per day for the next 4 days. I should be able to do that without too much trouble (at least, I hope).

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:17 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Someone from Meridell was complaining that we weren't paired with Altador this round; they thought it was unfair that 3rd place was now uncontested. It made me do some quick math and discover that had RI and Meridell been in each others' brackets the whole time, RI would have 103 points (and 3rd place truly clinched) while Meridell would only have 80 (I was very generous and gave them second behind Altador in all brackets except the 4th one; they probably would have placed behind some other teams, too, but I didn't want to spend too much time on it). So is the unfairness in bracket 5? Or was it in brackets 1-4?

I don't mind having to battle for 3rd; it keeps it more exciting. Still, I don't get why people are hating on us so much. I've lost a lot of respect for both DC and Meridell this year because of some of their more vocal fans.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:51 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ugh. The whole tourny's been "unfair" in the pairings thing, and the huge amount of cheating going on within the top two teams. Anyone that's griping about how well RI is doing now is just jealous that we're still pulling through even with having been stuck behind AL the entire tourney, and still haven't given up despite it.

KI today. Gonna see if I can max out (if time permits) on SOSD, or get close if possible.

ETA: Maxed out SOSD. Only 1500 to go. Shouldn't have too much trouble doing 500 a day during nap time.

BTW, has anyone else noticed? The 4th round, everyone played everyone else in each bracket, instead of duplicate days against the same team.

ETA2: Clean sweep of KI. We should be able to hold 3rd, woot!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:46 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Yeah, we need to keep an eye on Kreludor, but we've been doing at least 1-2 points better than both them and KI in each game each day so far, so they'd need a big payload to rocket past us. At this point, I'm playing for prize points. I didn't dare risk it against KI, but I may get my SOSD done with 1-goal games today. However much I decide to do.

ETA: Thursday. Oops. I had no time to do any AC games yesterday. I can't believe we lost YYB! I mean, losing any game to Virtupets is bad, but YYB? I'm making sure to play today so we get a clean sweep against Mystery Island; it would be even more embarrassing to lose anything to them. I guess it's Kreludor tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:24 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm gonna see what I can get done today. Only 1000 SOSD points left to get to All Star. The more I can get done today, the better - I'd rather get this over with at this point if possible. Too much else to do in the next week!

Yeah, the YYB loss to VP was kinda embarrassing, but I can't say I helped or hurt on that. They've pulled a couple other surprise wins recently, so I wasn't actually too surprised about it.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:28 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Clean sweep against Kreludor. I wasn't expecting that.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:13 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

That was pretty awesome, Daze -- I think it got a bit overshadowed by TM's winning 2 games against Altador. We face Kreludor today; I hope they don't decide to rally against us. I'd rather we swept them, too.

I don't get why Kreludor decided to fall apart this bracket; the scores in general have been fairly low, but had they overtaken Krawk Island in the bracket, they'd also have jumped to fourth overall. I expected them, at least, to put in more effort, since they were one of the few teams that could have moved up in the rankings with some wins this round.

I've got just over 700 SOSD wins to get to rank "22" -- I've been slacking the last several days (not even playing at all the last two days), but I plan to take Kreludor somewhat seriously and at least hit that next "rank."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:29 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The sweep against Kreludor was awesome!

Not gonna lie...I'm glad this is (just about) over. Well, it's over for me at least. Finally got this today:
Quote:
Congratulations, you've reached the pinnacle of Altador Cup achievement! You've qualified for the ranking of All-Star, the highest level possible. Your fancy new shield is sure to widely admired.
And with that, I will not be playing any more this year. Too many other things going on. Still kinda can't believe I made it anyways.

ETA:
Staff Tourney is over. I ended up with 18762 points total.
Prizes:
Plague Infested Jellybeans - 1 Points
Slice of Office Cake - 25 Points
Guess the Staff Tourney Winner Ring Toss Set - 100 Points
Forkful of Cake - 250 Points
Moehog Knight Plushie - 400 Points
Potion of Telepathy - 1000 Points
How to Draw for Programmers - 3500 Points
Bagel Hat Wig - 7000 Points
TNT Brand Handicrafts Kit - 11000 Points
Dragona Contacts - 15000 Points

Also, in the news:
Quote:
The Altador Cup is coming to an end tonight! Are you on the winning team? Check back next week for the prize shop, which will be open soon.
I guess that means that they're not going to do any sort of play-offs, and I guess the standings as they are now (at least for the top 3-4?) are final?

ETA2: Found this on the neo boards:
viola wrote:
Hey guys, we will only have a tiebreaker if there is a tie for 1st, 2nd or 3rd place. Good luck today!
So I guess since I don't think it's possible for anyone to tie for 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, there will be no playing tomorrow.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:48 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Staff Tournament Grand Total: 18737.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:38 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Woo hoo! Bragging rights... Staff Tournament Grand Total: 19149 8)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:50 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Oooh, edged me out, Blue! 19,054. So close! Silly Breik and Mr. Insane in round 1!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:17 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Altador Cup is over!

The Altador Cup Committee is doing the last of its tabulations before announcing this year's results. Provided that a tie breaker is not needed, the tournament's final outcome will be revealed as part of Monday's news, so be sure to check back then!

~~~~~~

Oh nice on the tourney score,Blue. I had a couple of clunkers in round 1 and 2, so I am surprised I still did well in the points. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:57 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

If you didn't get NP when you checked your Staff Tourney results, go back and check again. The third time I checked in, I got ~3.3k.

I finished just over rank 22, by the way. Rounded each game to a multiple of 5 and called it done. Apparently I'll have ~18k prize points to spend, so not enough for the yooyu or other top prizes. It's crazy how much work some people do!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:42 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

@Siniri...don't worry about the yooyu. It looks really, uhm...cheesy? compared to the others. Check JN.

If anyone's interested and can't easily find the results...
RI took a loss in MSN to Kreludor, Maraqua lost YYB to Virtupets, (both 1-point losses, so close) and Brightvale was swept hard by Altador. Ironically enough, TY only seemed to care about getting a ridiculous score in one game this time. I guess they figured since they were against Moltara, it didn't matter?
RI is still in 3rd, Maraqua is in 9th (tied with HW), and Brightvale is right behind them in 11th.
Did I miss anyone's team?

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next