Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Altador Cup VII
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:15 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

•The countdown to the Altador Cup sign-ups has begun!

You can check out the Fan Freebies and articles for your favourite team! Two teams will be released per day, starting with Mystery Island and Shenkuu for today's page launch. Find out how the Shenkuu team spends their time outside of Yooyuball practice, and also all about Mystery Island's new player!

Altador Cup Pre-Tournament Press

Last years AC prize shops are open until the 25th May, once closed you will not be able to redeem your points.
Altador Cup 2011 Prize Shop
Staff Tournament 2011 Prize Shop

I haven't decided on a team yet...I change every year.

Post subject: Re: Altador Cup VII
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:46 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I can't bring myself to care about real world sporting events, let alone virtual ones. Not one for the Altador Cup I'm afraid.

Oh, and it's on the Neodex as well.

X

question? check the dex

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:54 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

18 May news:

It's been rather busy around here, what with all the changes being made to the Altador Cup tournament... What? You haven't heard about the changes? Well - I will try to give you the quick run down. Now listen carefully! The Altador Cup officials have decided to change the tournament style up a bit, I hear. The biggest change is that there will no longer be a Finals bracket. Instead, there will be four rounds with each round lasting six days long-- hold on a moment, will you? I need to take care of something.

Oh good, you're still here. Anyway, as I was saying, each round will consist of three brackets with six teams in each bracket. And yes, don't worry, we still have all 18 teams. Apparently each team will only play teams in their bracket, and each bracket is randomly generated. There is more, of course, but we won't hear about it until the Altador Cup starts. Now move along, I'm rather busy as I still need to check the inventory on fan freebies that will be handed out soon... *mutters and walks away*

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:53 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Oh, I totally forgot about the staff prize shop! I have 87k+ points there, so thank you!

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:01 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Additional information added today on the news:

Hrmph. So you have a few questions about the new Altador Cup format, do you? Well, the game has been shortened to 24 days of total play. All teams will be able to play on all 24 days, no matter how their team scores during the 4 rounds. As for player rankings, they will be recalculated to reflect the new format.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:32 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

The staff prize shop is gone! It's not even the 24th yet in TNTland, much less the 25th! Sending a bug report now because that's not cool at all.

ETA: And the ticket response is classic TNT:
Quote:
A solution for your issue has been suggested.

The deadline we posted was only for the main prize page. The Staff page is no longer available. Users had since last year to purchase prizes! :)
Rico S., The Neopets Team

Bah humbug. You know, I think any reasonable person would assume that the deadline for the two AC prize shops would be the same date. Or that TNT would have posted that the staff shop had an earlier deadline. Seriously, I don't know why I bother with Neopets anymore. This is like the 2008 Daily Dare Megasuperb prize all over again. :x

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 4:42 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Aww, sorry to hear about the staff prize shop closing early, Siniri. :( You would expect both prize shops to close at the same time. Why must TNT make things so awkward? o_O

To make things even more confusing. The new tournament rules are viewable but not in English. o_O

I am posting a translated version from the boards:

14-25 May, Pre-tournament
25-31 May, signups
1-6 June, First Round
7-12 June, Second Round
13-18 June, Third Round
19-24 June, Fourth Round

The sixth day in each round is being used as a tie-breaker round. Those teams that are tied will face each other. Other teams who are not tied will face the practice team for that day.

Randomly during the Cup, one of the four games will go into Bonus Mode. During that, the game will award more points for your team. Neopoint rewards from the game will remain the same during Bonus Mode.

SIGN-UPS HAVE STARTED

Loyalty bonus for X amount of years played:

You've become a Kreludor supporter. Thanks for believing in us... we won't let you down! A team background is now in your inventory.
Altador Cup Kreludor Frame

Welcome back! This is your 6th year with us, right? Wow, hold on a sec... here! For all your years of loyalty, I'd like to give you this:
Discarded Yooyuball Gear Foreground

You also received:

100 Free NC

This year we have the option of mouse or keypad controls.

Found an interesting guide on the boards (they support Maraqua, but the info is for everyone). They found the breakdown of the new ranks due to the shortened event.

AC Guide/New Ranks Score

Editorial:

Hi TNT! I have a question about the new Altador Cup arrangement. Won't teams that are placed in brackets with teams that have traditionally not performed well have an unfair advantage, and vice versa for teams put up against traditionally strong teams? Why did you change it? It was fine before! Please remove my username. ~username removed
The new system was specifically designed to give historically lower-performing teams a chance to actually take the cup! There are four different rounds (with no eliminations), and teams are awarded points no matter what place they take in each round. This means that, if a team does poorly in one round, then they can start fresh the next and catch up in the standings.

As for why we changed it at all, there are a couple reasons! For starters, our events were getting too long. You may have noticed we also shortened Daily Dare. We felt that asking players to commit to a month and a half of daily participation was not only unfair, but burned people out, so we've decided to shorten things overall to pack more fun into a shorter period of time. (This is relative, of course! The new AC is still about a month long because it's a big event. Plots can still span a couple months, etc.) Secondly, AC has been the same structure for a LONG time. While we realise that some people really like AC as it is, we also don't want to give you the same content over and over and over again. That gets boring. We make it a point to sit down and re-evaluate recurring events every single year to make sure they're the best they can be. What was once a good idea can become really lame after a while. (For example, a tournament structure that promotes the same handful of teams winning every year probably wasn't a good idea.)

So! We wanted to shorten it and find some way to change it up, as well as find a way to give ALL teams a chance to take the cup. That resulted in this new structure. We've been talking about it for a while and we hope it works out and everyone enjoys it!

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:16 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Hooray for loyalty prizes! I noticed that some players have changed teams this year. Likewise, so have I :)

What's with the advertisements before we can play Yooyuball?

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:33 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I see TNT blew off my editorial question about the closing of a prize shop with no prior notification (which I think might be the first time in TNT's history), days before its sister prize shop's announced closing date. I'm not surprised.

Despite being rankled, I rejoined the Rooligans this year. That ranking list looks daunting. I probably won't play too much this year, but maybe I will a bit more than usual since it's shorter. I have a feeling I'd develop CTS before ever making it to All Star, and my health (and sanity) just aren't worth that sacrifice. Kudos to those who can handle that level of playing.

The random contest is AC-related, this week. I plan to enter it with some snack ideas I've been experimenting with lately.

P.S. Is it just me, or does YYB play faster this year? I hope there are no lag issues once the AC officially starts (or if there are, someone will post low-res game links for us).

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 3:24 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Yes, the YYB is definitely faster, I almost got whiplash from trying to keep up. LOL

The AC Guide/New Ranks Score guide has a link to the low-res game links.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 1:36 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Thanks, Daze. The low-res link for YYB is simpler this year! Just in case it changes once the tourney starts, let me explain how it worked in the past. If you look at the copy-paste URL for YYB (which is the old version), you'll notice part of it is "&comp_team=2&user_team=10." You had to change both of these numbers, depending on your team and the team your team is playing, which changes every day. If you played with the wrong "user team," all your YYB points would go to a different team! However, the new, "click here" YYB link doesn't have any of that extra info in it, and it still makes the game low-res. And my team was correct with that link. I'll be double-checking that the correct teams show up in the new version, but I'll be very happy if I don't have to remember to change the team number each day!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:56 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

The games have started!!

We have a dynamic update on the bracket standings - looks like it updates every hour. *clap* A nice innovation.

Quote:
Match Results will be displayed here everyday at midnight for matches played one day ago.

Quote:
The current round needs to be completed before the teams' totals can be tabulated and their points awarded. Once that's been done ,and all of the bribes have been collected, the standings will then be posted at midnight on the 7th day of the month of Relaxing. So, hold tight for now, but rest assured that the updated standings will be out soon.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:48 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Nice! And the Random Contest results are out. I got second place. I'm a little disappointed, because 1/3 of the judging is based off deliciousness, and I'm sorry, but some of those first places I wouldn't try for $5. Okay, maybe $5, but nothing less. Plus they were supposed to be easy to eat at your computer. But since I'm into natural, unprocessed, healthy foods (and refuse to make something I myself won't eat), it really limits my options in terms of "appearance." Still, I've entered the RC 4 times, and gotten 1 first (voice recording), 2 seconds (both food), and 1 third (art).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:47 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Why can't my team seem to kick the ball anymore? It's very odd. The practice game from the other day played "normal", but tonight my player's cant seem to kick the YYB past the end of their nose. very frustrating. Even the fire YYB doesn't go more than about 4 ball widths. However, the opposing team can kick it all the way across the field :(

/rant

Edit: Found it.. I just figured out the hold down the mouse button for kick power... Gooooooaaaalll!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:07 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Congrats on the RC Siniri. :)

Glad you figured it out Blue. :)

I just reached Rank 1. Took longer than I wanted, I just can't seem to hit a groove. I find playing with the keys is a better option for me with the autoselect. I fail miserable when I use the mouse. Not too mention that as soon as the opposition get it anywhere near the goalie, (even with all the legs that silly Ruki has), that it is a goal for them guaranteed. LOL.

I just grab the ball start from the start and run to the goal. I average about 7 goals a game, but it is much more work with autoselect. (Really, really, really, really hate autoselect)!!

Something else TNT have improved upon this year....on the homepage, click on your Rank shield, and it pops up a rank calculator, click on any rank shield, and it shows you what is needed to level up.

JUNE 2 - Shootout Showdown is the bonus game today.

Bonus games - game will help out your team more with a greater payout. Bear in mind, though, that the neopoint payout for playing the game will remain the same.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next