Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Daily Dare 2009
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:17 pm 

Siniri wrote:
I got uberrific. Guess it's time to officially give up on MegaSuperb from last year -- but I don' wanna.

Is it just me, or did TNT's attitude to this year's DD seem like "well, we've gotta do it, so let's just get it over with, and while we're at it, let's just charge money for tweaked versions of AAA's prizes"? There wasn't a plot/story, the scores for most games were lower than in year's past, and the grand prizes are meh (although it's nice to get a sidebar, it's not even that neat) -- even worse than last year (well, at least they didn't glitch on the major prizes this year).

My biggest peeve was that the AAA scores were so low. I recognize that not everybody will have that opinion (and, frankly, I thought 8k for Ice Cream Machine was a good score), but there are just so many other games with such ridiculously low scores that it almost made it seem as if simply pressing the Start button would earn the AAA prize for the day.

And don't get me started on the Lulu scores.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:05 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Wow, didn't expect them to give us our prizes this early.

Got the Uberiffic trophy this year. It's shiny, so I'm satisfied. :D

glorious set by neko.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:21 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Uberiffic for me, as always. At this point in my Neopets life, I really only care about the trophy. I've amassed quite a nice number of plot trophies on my lookup now. :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:33 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

You aren't alone in only wanting the trophy. Although, its sad that due to lack of any plot of real substance (since the Tale of Woe) that the vast majority of my new trophies are for the Daily Dares and Altador Cups. Too bad the DD is over - site events are really the only thing holding my attention on Neopets as of late.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:34 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Hahaha, I got nearly the lowest prize - beat somebody on each challenge sometime by the end. The easiest damn thing to do, and I still got the same prize as if I had beaten AAA on everything. They just don't seem to realize that logging in every day to play halfheartedly and beat Abigail's scores is NOT harder than EVER getting some of AAA's scores... then again I didn't really pay attention to how hard AAA was this year. I wasn't going to try for Megasuperb after last year's fiasco, and I had Spring Break in March where I couldn't log in to play. So I didn't spend more than 2 minutes on any challenge. :P

TNT fails at Daily Dare and should probably retire it if they're not going to assess what the hell they're doing anymore.

P.S. I still want my prize from last year. Completing this year's was a sneeze compared to getting 700+ on Kiko Match just once. And Volcano Run. And Destruct-o-Match. And...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:40 pm 

I was really looking forward to the capstone game that we had last year, with AAA and Abigail running through the side scrolling thing and progressing through the different zones. :(

But I'm pleased with the 150NC. It's a nice bone to those of us who can't/won't spend actual money on it. I save mine for little trinkets (like the Uni Shoe Necklace and red shoes on my faerie uni :P) and that's enough to get a lot of the smaller things available.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:09 am 

So, what was the special prize for Scoretastic? As far as I can tell, besides the trophy, I got the exact same thing as everyone else.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:12 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Location: At the Neopian borders... looking for Narnia - No other worlds or places exist
theonlysaneone wrote:
So, what was the special prize for Scoretastic? As far as I can tell, besides the trophy, I got the exact same thing as everyone else.

Scoretacular trophy
150 Neocash
Abigail Sweatband
Daily Dare Sidebar Theme

Cleverly Disguised as a Responsible Adult otherwise known as Kat (In-the-Hat)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:18 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

theonlysaneone wrote:

Everyone did get pretty much the same thing...

I'd have rather seen different prizes for the different ranks, but it's really no big deal in my opinion. I'm amongst the "I just did this for the trophy" crowd so I'm quite pleased, and was pleasantly surprised with the sidebar theme.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:32 am 

butterflygirl wrote:
theonlysaneone wrote:

Everyone did get pretty much the same thing...

I'd have rather seen different prizes for the different ranks, but it's really no big deal in my opinion. I'm amongst the "I just did this for the trophy" crowd so I'm quite pleased, and was pleasantly surprised with the sidebar theme.

I did it for the "rare item I would be able to hoard." So I'm understandably pretty smurf.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:54 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

theonlysaneone wrote:

Scoretacular - Beat or match AAA's score on the launch day of all 30 games, as well as all four Double Dare challenges.

I see no reference (anywhere in the rules either) to a special prize for scoretastic. Basically the double dare gave you two prizes instead of 1. If you beat AAA and did the double dares you got a better trophy.

Edit: I see that you are probably refering to the fact that last year each trophy level got a different prize and with Scoretacular being the highest level it should have received a special prize.

I think we need to remember that TNT doesn't always do the same thing twice and we shouldn't expect prizes to always be the same. Waiting to see what we get without any expectations is probably the best way to avoid disappointment.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:06 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

...wait, no one got more than 150 NC?

*checks*

*rechecks*

*rerechecks*

...fellow PPTers, I am in a world of trouble if that's true. I think this may be the first time I've ever been seriously afraid of getting my account frozen.

Here's why I'm thinking that. I won the Uberiffic trophy, so according to the first page, I should have also won the Abigail sweatband, the DD sidebar, and...150 NC. When I went to go claim my prizes (through the link on the games page), that page was seriously lagging. I never even saw it load. So I clicked again. Again, never saw it load. Out of curiosity I checked my inventory - one sweatband. So far, so good. Got the theme awarded (doesn't look bad, actually), got the correct trophy. So I notice my NC amount's gone up to 500. I'd had 200 NC left over from a card I'd redeemed last month, so where did the extra 300 NC come from?

So I do some checking, and find out some NC was given out as a DD prize. But even the top prize winners were only getting 150. I got 300. Which is what 150 times 2 is. :o Somehow, I got twice as much as I should have.

I've already submitted a bug report explaining the problem, but I'm afraid I'll get frozen for "abusing a glitch" or something before anyone has a chance to read it. =\

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:17 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Location: At the Neopian borders... looking for Narnia - No other worlds or places exist
Quote:
So I do some checking, and find out some NC was given out as a DD prize. But even the top prize winners were only getting 150. I got 300. Which is what 150 times 2 is. Somehow, I got twice as much as I should have.

Is it possible you had a random event in your favor? Or that maybe you had a little more than 500? If you go to the DD page, look and see if your prize boxes have changed into the prizes you received. You'll see there what it was you were supposed to receive. I don't have any other ideas on that, though. I don't think you'll be frozen - of course, I'm not TNT or think like they do so I don't know.

Cleverly Disguised as a Responsible Adult otherwise known as Kat (In-the-Hat)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:32 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Katbody10 wrote:
Is it possible you had a random event in your favor? Or that maybe you had a little more than 500?

Possibly? I didn't know there were any random events that gave out NC. But I kept pretty good watch on my NC, since it costs real money - I have exactly on the spot 500 now. I only had exactly 200 before. I got 150 NC as part of my prize, I checked on the DD page. That's only 350 I should have then.

Well, I've already sent a report, that's pretty much all I can do now. No sense worrying about something I can't control.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:32 am 

Rakumel wrote:
...wait, no one got more than 150 NC?

*checks*

*rechecks*

*rerechecks*

...fellow PPTers, I am in a world of trouble if that's true. I think this may be the first time I've ever been seriously afraid of getting my account frozen.

Here's why I'm thinking that. I won the Uberiffic trophy, so according to the first page, I should have also won the Abigail sweatband, the DD sidebar, and...150 NC. When I went to go claim my prizes (through the link on the games page), that page was seriously lagging. I never even saw it load. So I clicked again. Again, never saw it load. Out of curiosity I checked my inventory - one sweatband. So far, so good. Got the theme awarded (doesn't look bad, actually), got the correct trophy. So I notice my NC amount's gone up to 500. I'd had 200 NC left over from a card I'd redeemed last month, so where did the extra 300 NC come from?

So I do some checking, and find out some NC was given out as a DD prize. But even the top prize winners were only getting 150. I got 300. Which is what 150 times 2 is. :o Somehow, I got twice as much as I should have.

I've already submitted a bug report explaining the problem, but I'm afraid I'll get frozen for "abusing a glitch" or something before anyone has a chance to read it. =\

You may have also had some to collect from one of the giveaways a long time ago. A lot of those were activated by visiting the NC mall. If you haven't been there in a while, that might be the reason.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next