Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:37 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Questions, Answers, and Advice! [split]
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:56 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
After almost two years, this thread has finally been split!

Since Matt wrote it so well:

Quote:
Got any questions about whether to accept a trade, how much something is worth, or what stocks are going to make it big? Post here to get other's advice!

Last thread: click!

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

Post subject: Re: Questions, Answers, and Advice! [split]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:21 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Hmm, been playing round with the World Challenge (never knew it existed xP) and managed to earn 3 pieces of the Meridell Map (1.1, 1.2 and 1.11). Question is, should I sell them as I win them, or hold onto them to make the whole thing? Risk vs Reward i guess?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:26 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

It's really up to you. There's no question that you can earn good money off selling them.
I personally save 'em and trade 'em until I have a whole map, then convert for a chance at a p/b. It's a risk that you won't profit as much off of whatever prize you get, but you'll still profit either way. For me, I like the chance and excitement of clicking on that "convert" button to see what I get.
Look at Daze's posts in the Screenies thread - there's definitely chances of winning p/b's off 'em!
So, it depends on if you want steady income with little to no risk (selling pieces) or the thrill of converting and possibly a better payback.

Anyways, that's my advice. Do with it as you would!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:23 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Keep in mind that the prizes vary in value between the three maps that you complete. The first map you complete has mostly lower value paint brushes (like petpet paint brushes), though you can always get lucky.. The second and third map you complete offer more and more chance on getting a valuable brush, but getting to the third map will take some work ;)

If you're just a casual player who sometimes wins a W.C. piece, you'd be better off selling them. If you plan on seriously making money with World Challenges, well then it's a choice between having a steady income, or risking it for a bit more (or less). In the end, I think it averages out, so that's just a personal choice you can make.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:47 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Hmm, well of the games i've seen on the various zones, only one i'm decent at is Skies Over Meridell, hence the Meridell Maps focus. Is there any difference between prizes for the different areas?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:17 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The map pieces seem to be the only difference in "prizes". When you convert the map, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for the prize you get - I think all of the level one maps pull from the same prize pool, all of the level 2 maps from the same, etc.

Regarding games available: keep in mind: there are some games that only come up once or twice a month. Often, these games were ignored by the main WC players, and thus easier to get pieces on. At some point, I was tracking Terror Mountain, Neopia Central, and Haunted woods to see which games were available each day. I tracked for roughly end of March to August last year. If you're interested in the info, I'd be glad to share (it's an excel sheet).

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:22 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Yeh that would be awesome thanks :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

If anyone else wants the excel sheet, please feel free to PM me. ;)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:13 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Me again :P K, I have a Draik TP, are any of the MPs cheaper atm, thinking bout scraping some more NP by saving myself the difference. However, is there an avatar for using a TP?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:22 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Phlameseeker wrote:
Me again :P K, I have a Draik TP, are any of the MPs cheaper atm, thinking bout scraping some more NP by saving myself the difference. However, is there an avatar for using a TP?

If I remember correctly, there is an avatar for using a transmog potion (Mutant JubJub) and a separate avatar for using a regular morphing potion(Magical Kauvara).

Edit: Green Uni morphing potion is extremely cheap (~11k). I know other transmog potions will be cheaper than the draik one, since it's a limited species. Looks like the cheapest transmogs are running at around 140k-150k on the trading post.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:57 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I meant trading down the Draik TP for a Draik MP of some form. Sry wasnt clear ^^

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:05 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Phlameseeker wrote:
I meant trading down the Draik TP for a Draik MP of some form. Sry wasnt clear ^^

Heh, I wondered about that. Sorry.
It looks like they're all roughly the same price or higher. I'm seeing one red one at 4.5 mil, but the rest seem to be higher. Transmogs seem to be 4.5-5 mil, some higher. That being said, you'd probably waste your time trying to trade, and wouldn't get any sort of profit.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:14 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Does anyone have a current pulse on the piece prices for the lab map? The last one on here was 6 months ago and I am sure its changed. The trading post is so skewed I think I may go cross eyed. I have 4 different pieces I would like to sell and I don't want to price them unfairly or at the same time put them up as something foolishly low.

Thanks in advance!

Want an invite to premium? Neomail me at Trilussa.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:57 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I have been asked if I am interested in selling my "Red Brick Bath Tub", but over the past few days I haven't found any on the TP or Auction House. I know it's fairly rare. Does anybody here have an idea of its value?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:35 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm working on selling off some of my old stuff, but I have absolutely no idea how much a Tiger Seat or Black Frost Cannon is worth these days. I've checked the Auction House and the Trading Post, and there's nothing with a price listed. Advise.

edit: Sold the Black Frost Cannon--wound up taking a shot in the dark based on Rainbow Frost Cannon prices and asking 650k. I got it. (Amusingly, I also got a condescending neomail explaining to me that, really, I should be asking 300k because that's what people usually ask for these days, and no one would possibly bid that much for a BFC. The event for that came between the two offers that met my asking price.) Moral: ask and ye shall receive what the market will bear.

ImageImageImage
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. - Samuel Clemens

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next